Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta GM
Can anyone confirm that making the FCM purchase with miles (at T>24) results in receiving the MQM bonus?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
Can anyone confirm that making the FCM purchase with miles (at T>24) results in receiving the MQM bonus?
No, not in my experience... at least not with cash. You'll get everything but MQM's, which is BS. They'll be bonus miles but not MQMs. I'd imagine that an FCM with miles won't be any different.

Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
No, not in my experience... at least not with cash. You'll get everything but MQM's, which is BS. They'll be bonus miles but not MQMs. I'd imagine that an FCM with miles won't be any different.
I don't have personal experience, but I believe most here have reported getting the MQM bonus when purchasing FC offers more than 24 hours out.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by LBJ
I don't have personal experience, but I believe most here have reported getting the MQM bonus when purchasing FC offers more than 24 hours out.
That's what I've read as well. The only experience I have is paying cash for FCM on an award ticket and got MQD/RDM but no MQM.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
That's what I've read as well. The only experience I have is paying cash for FCM on an award ticket and got MQD/RDM but no MQM.
All of my First Class Upgrades purchased before 24 hours have booked into G class which is 150% MQM. Not sure if I get credit for the additional MQD's (I haven't flown the flights yet) but I hopefully so.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Just offered a buy-up of $74.18 or 6,900 miles for Chicago ORD–Detroit DTW in domestic first-class on a CRJ-900.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I was offered $552 for PHX to JFK for 2 family members with no status.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

The bonus MQMs should show up in your original flight posting as line item for a 50% MQM upgrade bonus. What you posted is the separate MQD and RDM you get for the cost of the upgrade.

Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Ok. Thanks for clarifying that.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:37 pm

First flight of 2019 on 1/2

CLT-DFW

Got the FCM from CLT to SLC for $134
Air Houston and strickerj like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
First flight of 2019 on 1/2

CLT-DFW

Got the FCM from CLT to SLC for $134
Depending on how the seat map looked and whether they were still selling first-class tickets, I probably would have skipped the offer and took my chances at an upgrade, assuming I had a good seat in comfort-plus or economy. I think a lot of diamonds will be on vacation all week. Nobody I know is working this week, at least from an office or on the road.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:25 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
pretty cheap for those bonus MQMs tho.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: WFBF, Marriott Titanium
Haven't flown DL in a while, but they seem to be getting more aggressive at FCM. I'm traveling MCI-LGA in Feb and the price difference between the T fare and Z was $79 on a Friday afternoon departure at booking. I have a feeling I would have gotten the upgrade even as a GM, but at that price, I get to guarantee a comfortable seat in an RJ that's blocked at ~3 hours.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Oshkosh105
Haven't flown DL in a while, but they seem to be getting more aggressive at FCM. I'm traveling MCI-LGA in Feb and the price difference between the T fare and Z was $79 on a Friday afternoon departure at booking. ...
also seeing “more aggressive” on SEA<—>WAS, which has been $160-$220 for the past couple years ... it’s now pretty consistently $264 (which means ~$275 out of pocket because of the corporate discount on Concur bookings)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:59 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Today I paid $95 for a Thursday evening MSN-SLC flight in a couple weeks. There were only 3 seats up front left. At 3h21m on a CRJ-900 this seemed to be a good deal (0.47/min for those who track that metric).
Air Houston likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.