Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MarkP24
They're offering me $418 for an upgrade to F on JFK-LAX
Isn't that D1 rather than F?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sethb
Isn't that D1 rather than F?
You are correct. In my title I wrote JFK-PHX, but in the body I had written JFK-LAX by mistake. I meant JFK-PHX which is only F not D1, and I've fixed it now. Thanks for catching that!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yohanson
Since Delta changed their policy about sending FCM offers to people that book through Concur, every offer I've gotten after booking has been nearly double what it would have cost if I would have booked F to begin with. I just booked a flight for next week to LAS and they wanted $101 more each way when I did the dummy booking. Now that it's booked and I look at my trip, they want $171 each way.

Edited to add:

I went back and did a dummy booking on delta.dumb and the difference between Y and F was $180 RT. I thought when I booked it was less than the $101 each way. Anyhoo, I called our TA and had them book the F ticket for me and they wanted $2 more than Delta, which is odd because we normally get a slight discount. So even with the price difference of $2, the FCM amount is nearly double the difference after booking.
On the comment about Concur.

Our company as of 1/1/19, will be using Concur to book travel. I had been under the impression that FCM offers are not available to those that book travel through a company TA. Maybe I read that here? Not sure. (Up until now, I have always booked my own travel, which our HR department has allowed)

So the comment above means... travel booked through Concur, Delta allows FCM upgrades? Or Delta always allowed it through Concur, but the FCM offers are histrionically higher
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto
On the comment about Concur.

Our company as of 1/1/19, will be using Concur to book travel. I had been under the impression that FCM offers are not available to those that book travel through a company TA. Maybe I read that here? Not sure. (Up until now, I have always booked my own travel, which our HR department has allowed)

So the comment above means... travel booked through Concur, Delta allows FCM upgrades? Or Delta always allowed it through Concur, but the FCM offers are histrionically higher
You absolutely can FCM off Concur bookings. My FCM cited above on SEA - RDU is one such example
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duke787
You absolutely can FCM off Concur bookings. My FCM cited above on SEA - RDU is one such example
+1 I FCM off of Concur all the time.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Should probably note for me it's Concur sitting on top of AMEX Corporate Travel as the actual TA for the bookings.

I guess it is possible that some instances of Concur sit on top of TAs that issue tickets where FCM is not available for some reason (perhaps issued as bulk or consolidator tickets)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Should probably note for me it's Concur sitting on top of AMEX Corporate Travel as the actual TA for the bookings.

I guess it is possible that some instances of Concur sit on top of TAs that issue tickets where FCM is not available for some reason (perhaps issued as bulk or consolidator tickets)
As an additional DP regarding OTAs, I use Egencia for all corporate bookings and I generally get FCM offers on almost every flight.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL GM
What do I win?

Last edited by war.eagle.30; Nov 21, 2018 at 6:11 pm Reason: Persec
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by war.eagle.30
What do I win?

That's a pretty expensive upgrade!!!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by MarkP24
That's a pretty expensive upgrade!!!
and it is for the end of JANUARY!!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by war.eagle.30

and it is for the end of JANUARY!!
Looks like they've been selling them so far. Maybe they think they can sell them.... Most likely they're selling it to people connecting
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Offered a $160 BU to F. MSP to PHX on an A321....thoughts?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
$160? For a 4 hour flight and, if I'm not mistaken, with a meal served? Personally, I'd do it.
Duke787 and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
SEA-DTW-DCA/DCA-ATL-SEA — Concur booking was $598 (Q and M); called the corporate desk after ticketing; they contacted DL, and took my personal credit card ($504) to change to SEA-JFK-DCA/DCA-SLC-SEA (A and P/D)

imo $250 for a TCON redeye is entirely reasonable, as is $250 for greater ability to SDC on the return; that said, while the 0600 departures were ~$80 less, I wasn’t willing to roll the dice on Fri afternoon/evening F availability ... but that said, I’ve found that confirmed F has made it easier to VDB (as well as get more creative IROPS recoveries)
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:52 pm

Flew XNA-MSP-DCA over Thanksgiving holiday - offer upon check-in was I believe $89 for XNA-MSP and $247 for MSP-DCA. I didn't bite as I was in Comfort+ and getting legroom and free booze anyway.

(Service from MSP-DCA was outstanding, by the way... and between going from RJ to mainline gate and looking for quick food in an airport that's being "re-imagined," I got 4,500+ Fitbit steps in MSP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.