Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Old May 19, 2024, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Revenue Management probably experimenting with different levels of buy ups. For many markets it is still crazy price. I think they might've been a bit too aggressive on buy up pricing starting late last year. I know many routes I've normally flown I stopped biting on the offers since it was absurd, so instead took my chances with comp upgrades.
Old May 19, 2024, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Originally Posted by rylan
Revenue Management probably experimenting with different levels of buy ups. For many markets it is still crazy price. I think they might've been a bit too aggressive on buy up pricing starting late last year. I know many routes I've normally flown I stopped biting on the offers since it was absurd, so instead took my chances with comp upgrades.
I was talking about this in the food thread, but as of lately, in addition to lower FCM prices on some routes, I've noticed that outright buying First is a lot more reasonable on routes I fly than it has been lately. Also been the case on AA who I've also been flying a bit lately and their FCM offers are usually far more reasonable than DL's too. Either way, I've started buying First more often on both carriers as a result.
Old May 20, 2024, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
ATL-VLD on a refundable V fare. C+ going for $9.68 and FC for $52.68
Old May 20, 2024, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Getting offered $52/4.9k miles for a June SLC-SEA. Wildly cheap IMO - for a non status flyer checking a bag, that's a $15 differential vs. main for a meal and a first class seat for 2.5 hours. Not sure I'll actually fly the ticket so not biting, but if my plans firm up I'll jump at that.
Old May 21, 2024, 12:16 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
First week of June and booked last night, SBN-ATL-JAX. This routing is an old friend of mine, but SBN-ATL buy up started at $269, now down to $160 with no one in First. Lowest I've seen this route is $79. ATL-JAX on the other hand...$563.
Old May 21, 2024, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by skislc
Getting offered $52/4.9k miles for a June SLC-SEA. Wildly cheap IMO - for a non status flyer checking a bag, that's a $15 differential vs. main for a meal and a first class seat for 2.5 hours. Not sure I'll actually fly the ticket so not biting, but if my plans firm up I'll jump at that.
Miles get refunded and the cash price turns into an ecredit as long as you cancel at least 24 hours prior to the flight...that is a no-brainer to take that offer.
skislc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.