Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 24, 19, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by sonkie23 View Post
I logged on to upgrade my JFK to SEA Comfort + seat to Delta One. The fare difference is about $240. The online upgrade offer is $963.35 or 89,900 miles. A standalone Delta One seat on the flight is $518.30 or 45,000 miles.

Needless to say I called and took care of the upgrade on my own for the fare difference.

I'm sure that offer has lots of takers!
this seems to be the standard upgrade price from comfort+ to f on the tcon's (with the fare difference being less most of the time)...all of mine have shown something similar for the past year. ive always assumed it had to do with the upgrade into comfort+.
Old Jul 24, 19, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover View Post
On a YQB-YYZ (WestJet) -SLC-LAX cheap award tickets

Being offered a $139 upgrade from YYZ-SLC. Seems pretty good for a 4:21, 1,655-mile flight. 9 seats in FC left currently for an October flight.

I have to search a bit to see if you get MQMs on a paid upgrade from an award tkt.
MQD, yes
MQM, no
Old Jul 24, 19, 10:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum,
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post

MQD, yes
MQM, no
Thanks -- maybe I'll hold out for an upgrade (fingers crossed!)
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:28 am

DCA-JFK-TLV this Sunday on an award ticket, no status. $59.53 for the first leg and $3942.27 to upgrade the tatl portion of the trip.
Old Jul 25, 19, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta F0
Trip in March.
Outbound SNA-MSP-AMS-VCE $283 first segment, $1259 second segment from C+
Inbound VCE-FCO-ATL-LAX $1102 second segment, $283 third segment, from C+

I'm tempted by the FCO-ATL for $1100. Thoughts?
Old Jul 25, 19, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by socalflying View Post
Trip in March.
Outbound SNA-MSP-AMS-VCE $283 first segment, $1259 second segment from C+
Inbound VCE-FCO-ATL-LAX $1102 second segment, $283 third segment, from C+

I'm tempted by the FCO-ATL for $1100. Thoughts?
For me, I put greater value on lie flat for eastbound TATL. Westbound, it is just a "longer afternoon". For this combination, I might choose the second segment outbound, and third segment inbound (if lie flat equipment).
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 19, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta F0
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
For me, I put greater value on lie flat for eastbound TATL. Westbound, it is just a "longer afternoon". For this combination, I might choose the second segment outbound, and third segment inbound (if lie flat equipment).
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, no lie flight on third segment (A321)
Old Jul 25, 19, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
JFK-SDQ: 7 seats left and as a PM with a companion didn't get the upgrade because there was only one seat available in OU. DL kept upgrading and allocating only one seat to OU, we watched most of the C+ seats get vacated and even the Preferred ones as the front cabin filled up. With only 3 seats left, we found out that we could do FCM for $100 or 10,000 miles each, a very good deal.
Maybe just FCM for your companion and get the upgrade free as a PM?
Old Jul 31, 19, 1:22 pm

Delta TOD Upgrade Offers

I am usually a UA flyer but have an upcoming trip on DL, is there a TOD upgrade offer spreadsheet for DL like exists in the UA form to see if the current offer is normal.
Old Jul 31, 19, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by N104UA View Post
I am usually a UA flyer but have an upcoming trip on DL, is there a TOD upgrade offer spreadsheet for DL like exists in the UA form to see if the current offer is normal.
There's no collated spreadsheet but there's a thread with data points (of course, selection bias yada yada)

If you have an offer in the app/website, worth also checking what the current F fare is on the same routing. If the differential is less than the upgrade offer amount you can call in and do the DL equivalent of GG BUYUP.
Old Jul 31, 19, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP
SFO-SEA on a Friday evening in September. Redeemed 6,500 SkyMiles for a main cabin ticket. I was offered and purchased an upgrade to F for $63.99. I'm looking forward to trying out the A220!
CMK10 and sspontak like this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 9:16 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
Maybe just FCM for your companion and get the upgrade free as a PM?
By the time we did FCM (with 5 seats left) no upgrades were available even for 1 passenger. Soon after we upgraded, the 3 remaining seats were purchased so this would have not worked.
Old Aug 2, 19, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
interesting situation last night: booked a late evening DCA-MSP-SEA for today (showing $219 or 21,500 miles for the upfare aka “seat upgrade”; plan was to call in, upfare, and SDC to DCA-JFK-SEA at 1330) ... as I’m waiting for the PM line to pick up, the email confirmation arrives showing a comp UG on MSP-SEA

there was a language comprehension issue with the first agent, so I asked for a supervisor ... Matt (Max?) backed out the comp UG, processed DCA-MSP-SEA for 14000 miles, and then confirmed the SDC

the receipt shows J for DCA-JFK-SEA ... curious to see the MQMs that actually post
Old Aug 7, 19, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta Gold
YVR-SEA-BOS in September. Upgraded the first leg for 6000 miles. Its only a 1h15m flight, but it seemed worth it to me (plus it ensured that I'd grab one of the four single A seats).
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 7, 19, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Recently had an offer of $239 buy up for BOS-LAS on a Friday. Saw it immediately after I bought the ticket so grabbed it as I thought a good deal for >5.5hr flight and knowing that route would likely be full on a Fri.
During initial booking, they wanted about 500 more for that segment. Flight went out with F full and no comp upgrades.
alanstar likes this.

Search this Thread