Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Reply

Old Mar 22, 19, 2:04 pm
  #4426  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Programs: DL DM/MM
Posts: 1,776
I just splurged and spent the 26,800 miles for RDU-MSP-SFO. This seems like a good deal. This is also my first FCM upsell.

I'm assuming my ticket will be treated like a FC revenue ticket where I can SDC to any FC seat that day, right? (I realize that there are routing restrictions. I might change it to a later flight or earlier flight, for example.)

Also, I get the extra MQMs, right?
UVAhoo06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 3:07 pm
  #4427  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PWM
Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Posts: 245
Is it time to start a Basic Economy Monetization thread?
MEABFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 3:29 pm
  #4428  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Posts: 1,334
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 View Post
I just splurged and spent the 26,800 miles for RDU-MSP-SFO. This seems like a good deal. This is also my first FCM upsell.

I'm assuming my ticket will be treated like a FC revenue ticket where I can SDC to any FC seat that day, right? (I realize that there are routing restrictions. I might change it to a later flight or earlier flight, for example.)

Also, I get the extra MQMs, right?
That seems like a good value to me. You get the MQM's but not MQD's
MarkP24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 4:13 pm
  #4429  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Programs: DL DM/MM
Posts: 1,776
Originally Posted by MarkP24 View Post
That seems like a good value to me. You get the MQM's but not MQD's
Awesome! As I look through my ticket receipt, my upgraded segments still show as the original fare class. If I make a SDC, will my ticket be treated like a FC revenue ticket? Or, is this going to be one of those HUACA situations with SDC after an RUC has been cleared, for example?

Last edited by UVAhoo06; Mar 22, 19 at 4:26 pm
UVAhoo06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 4:25 pm
  #4430  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lawrence, MA USA
Programs: Delta Gold
Posts: 253
BOS-LAS this Sunday, offered to upgrade to F for $235 or 21,900 miles. Kind of tempted to burn some miles, but right now I'm in C+ with an empty seat next to me. Might wait until T-24 to see if that fills up (flight is pretty open overall).

Honestly, C+ with an empty middle seat is comfortable enough for me. And who knows, maybe the upgrade list to F won't be 30+ people deep like it usually is out of Boston.
alanstar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 6:16 pm
  #4431  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area) and near LAX (El Segundo CA)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 12,117
imo, by T-24 the chances of that or an equally appealing FCM offer will be almost zero
MarkP24 likes this.
jrl767 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 7:13 pm
  #4432  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area) and near LAX (El Segundo CA)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 12,117
earlier today I booked SEA-DTW-IAD/DCA-JFK-SEA via Concur

C+ upgrades processed about half an hour later, so I opened the PNR in the iOS app to change seats ... the FCM offer was $713 or 66300 SkyMiles ... did a dummy booking of the same flights, and saw a pre-purchase offer of $435
jrl767 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 8:31 pm
  #4433  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lawrence, MA USA
Programs: Delta Gold
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
imo, by T-24 the chances of that or an equally appealing FCM offer will be almost zero
Yeah, definitely rolling the dice as to whether that middle seat will remain open once they process the Silvers into C+. Fingers crossed!
alanstar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 19, 9:50 am
  #4434  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Avis First, Sixt Plat
Posts: 3,547
On checkin last night for MSP-LHR, ~$900 to D1 from main cabin
mot29 and Duke787 like this.
xolinlevh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 19, 11:12 am
  #4435  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL Diam 2MM, HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 4,964
Originally Posted by xolinlevh View Post
On checkin last night for MSP-LHR, ~$900 to D1 from main cabin
Id have grabbed that.
Duke787 likes this.
mot29 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:12 pm
  #4436  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,336
Originally Posted by xolinlevh View Post
On checkin last night for MSP-LHR, ~$900 to D1 from main cabin
Originally Posted by mot29 View Post

Id have grabbed that.
I would be tempted to buy it, depending on what time the flight left Minneapolis. Is this an early flight, meaning sleep is pretty difficult, or is it a late-night departure? I suppose it would also depend on the aircraft. That's like $125 an hour for a seat in Delta One.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:58 pm
  #4437  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Avis First, Sixt Plat
Posts: 3,547
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
I would be tempted to buy it, depending on what time the flight left Minneapolis. Is this an early flight, meaning sleep is pretty difficult, or is it a late-night departure? I suppose it would also depend on the aircraft. That's like $125 an hour for a seat in Delta One.
Tonights flight DL 10, 6PM departure. I stupidly didnt grab it, and for the of me i couldnt get it to come up again, nor could DL. So i just used miles instead
xolinlevh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 19, 8:07 pm
  #4438  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 5,734
Originally Posted by alanstar View Post
BOS-LAS this Sunday, offered to upgrade to F for $235 or 21,900 miles. Kind of tempted to burn some miles, but right now I'm in C+ with an empty seat next to me. Might wait until T-24 to see if that fills up (flight is pretty open overall).

Honestly, C+ with an empty middle seat is comfortable enough for me. And who knows, maybe the upgrade list to F won't be 30+ people deep like it usually is out of Boston.
A non-rev or BE customer will fill that empty seat next to you so I would pay that amount.

happens all the time.
MarkP24 likes this.
AANYC1981 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 19, 8:53 pm
  #4439  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Posts: 1,334
Originally Posted by alanstar View Post
BOS-LAS this Sunday, offered to upgrade to F for $235 or 21,900 miles. Kind of tempted to burn some miles, but right now I'm in C+ with an empty seat next to me. Might wait until T-24 to see if that fills up (flight is pretty open overall).

Honestly, C+ with an empty middle seat is comfortable enough for me. And who knows, maybe the upgrade list to F won't be 30+ people deep like it usually is out of Boston.
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
imo, by T-24 the chances of that or an equally appealing FCM offer will be almost zero
Agreed. I would take it!
MarkP24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 19, 9:57 pm
  #4440  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lawrence, MA USA
Programs: Delta Gold
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post

A non-rev or BE customer will fill that empty seat next to you so I would pay that amount.

happens all the time.

Originally Posted by MarkP24 View Post
Agreed. I would take it!
The upgrade price at T-24 did go a bit, to ~25k miles. I passed, and we'll see if I regret it or not. Currently at T-12, and there's still 14 open C+ seats, including three windows. Plus 53 more empty seats in back, including entire exit rows.

Still, I should have just pulled the trigger. Dammit, I deserve it!
alanstar is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread