Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Currently being offered $34 for MCO-LAX-MCO for C+. F would be $552 for each of us. Not bad but from seating chart we have good chance for upgrade to F or C+. At worst we'll get to use our drink coupons from last year.

This is for a early September flight. We have same flights the following month, but have not gotten offer at any point (similar availability on seat chart). You just never know.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Price difference for DTW/SFO is almost a $900 difference RT and F is wide open both flights. Hopefully price difference stays like that, my upgrades usually go through since no one is willing to pay that much more for first.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Are these C+ upgrades really FCM? My interpretation was actual UPG offers to the First Class cabin.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Are these C+ upgrades really FCM? My interpretation was actual UPG offers to the First Class cabin.
"C+M" = "FCM lite"
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but curious about my predicament tomorrow:

Booked C+ at booking (my company allows this) ORD-LGA and upgraded myself via the App weeks ago (on my own dime).

I've been in 1A on a P fare. Plane for tomorrow just switched from a 12F E175 to a 9F E170. Since I am in 1A am I safe from being downgraded as the F cabin is now showing -2F? I had already checked in and saved my BP to my phone's wallet and I am still showing in 1A. Do I have to worry about an issue once I get to the gate at ORD? It looks like they just moved row 4 back to C+ or Y.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium

Booked C+ at booking (my company allows this) ORD-LGA and upgraded myself via the App weeks ago (on my own dime).

I've been in 1A on a P fare. Plane for tomorrow just switched from a 12F E175 to a 9F E170. Since I am in 1A am I safe from being downgraded as the F cabin is now showing -2F? I had already checked in and saved my BP to my phone's wallet and I am still showing in 1A. Do I have to worry about an issue once I get to the gate at ORD? It looks like they just moved row 4 back to C+ or Y.
On a paid fare as an elite, you're probably fine. They'll downgrade complimentary upgrades first, then non-status paid pax, the FOs on paid tickets, etc.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM

No. If you had been in the back row...maybe. You should be fine.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Comfort+ (WN) award ticket SMF-ATL-SAV, being offered first class for $269 one way for the whole journey at OLCI

no status

two seats left in each flight, 737-9 and 737-7 services.

tempting for sure, but since (1) not planning to check bags (2) free entertainment and drinks in C+ and (3) sky priority included with C+ ... the incentive is minimal to bite.

if any one of those 3 things were not true, i might buy it.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Logged into check a few upcoming flights and while I was seeing almost every flight offering some kind of 'deal'(usually both C+ and FC) none of my flights have anything. Next two are both ATL-SFO(and mixed return to get some MQMs for next tier) and are 3 weeks out and 4 weeks out.

Seems odd to get almost 95% chance of being offered something to not getting any.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Does DL ever offer FCM on ATLSFO? I would think if DL did, it would be much closer to flight time, like T-24.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Does DL ever offer FCM on ATLSFO? I would think if DL did, it would be much closer to flight time, like T-24.
Not sure. I guess that is part of my question. It would seem with one of the flights currently every seat in FC available they would start to attempt it?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I'm taking my first flight on Delta since 2014 tomorrow, AUS-DTW. What is the likelihood of being offered an FCM for that flight, or my return on Friday through ATL (currently in middle seats), and is there anything I can do to increase my chances?

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
I'm taking my first flight on Delta since 2014 tomorrow, AUS-DTW. What is the likelihood of being offered an FCM for that flight, or my return on Friday through ATL (currently in middle seats), and is there anything I can do to increase my chances?

Thanks,
--woodstock
Pull up your reservations on the delta website (full, not mobile), and see if there is an upgrade offer to F.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock

Thanks,
--woodstock
No one has reported seeing a pattern so there doesn't seem to be anything to do. As noted above, check your trip on the website and some people suggest calling in.

It seems to be random. We're flying the same MCO-LAX roundtrip in September and October. I've had offers for C+ and F for the first trip and while C+ was very low earlier, it has increased. The F cost is no bargain.
On the 2nd trip I've not had any offers although there is no real difference between the two trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.