Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by jeff30189
To those of you who are "offended" (what is the world coming to), I think you're missing the point.

This is a humorous (and harmless) way of pointing out that there is a little Kettle in all of us. So take a chill pill.

You might be a kettle if:

...you use your water bottle to make a "to go" drink from the SC bar.

...you take the free FC earbuds home with you.

...your carry-on luggage prominently displays the name of a discount retailer (i.e. Walmart, Target).

...you take the time to post (multiple times) about the lack of a free PDB, the quality of the free cheese, or the lack of free top shelf scotch.

...you let your little kettles run amok for the entire flight while you incessantly ring the FA call button for more free Coke and pretzels.
Exactly! No...wait...this is totally me! I wonder where I can get a shiny "Kettle" pin to go on that nice DM hat I just ordered?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
You might be a kettle if you have posted numerous times in this thread using sequential posts each replying to a different person to pad your post count.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
Exactly! No...wait...this is totally me! I wonder where I can get a shiny "Kettle" pin to go on that nice DM hat I just ordered?
I'm having a Kettle Medallion hat made. Got it on order already.

If you belong to the FT super-secret Kettle Medallion ITK group, you will know to look for it.

Last edited by DHG(Th); Jun 23, 2011 at 12:44 pm Reason: added some text
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Originally Posted by DHG(Th)
I'm having a Kettle Medallion hat made. Got it on order already.
Don't know if you're trolling, but pictures or it didn't happen when you get the hat =)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by mfong
Don't know if you're trolling, but pictures or it didn't happen when you get the hat =)
No suh. Not trolling. When the hat stock arrives and I get it aftermarketed, I'll post pictures. A promise with my hand up

Then the "Where's DHG(Th) Kettle editon" contest begins.

Think "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego"

Last edited by DHG(Th); Jun 23, 2011 at 1:11 pm Reason: added stuff
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
"...you use your water bottle to make a "to go" drink from the SC bar. "

You're my hero!!!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
You name your first born after yourself so that one day with your combined travel you can maybe, maybe one day hit Gold!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
You might be a kettle if you have posted numerous times in this thread using sequential posts each replying to a different person to pad your post count.
Wow, yes, I must be a kettle as I completely overlooked the forum rule that says one should read a thread only to the first post that they find relevant. Good catch, though, as I thought I was increasing my post count on the sly - you know, to increase my credibility with a bunch of people I likely won't meet in real life. Moderators, please roll my post count back by 3 so I don't seem overly-credible!

Secretly, I'm really just gunning for the FT DYKWIA hat that's in the new FT store - I hear it is only on a screen visible to those with more than 5,000 posts.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by SPatrick83
You name your first born after yourself so that one day with your combined travel you can maybe, maybe one day hit Gold!
I was an abused teen. My father had me book all of my travel on 7F with my first initial and last name so he could claim it on AC. This is back in the day when you didn't need a first name on your BP and no one checked ID. I flew all over the arctic for two years and could have been a top elite myself if I had any idea what that was back then.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:45 pm

Wow, yes, I must be a kettle as I completely overlooked the forum rule that says one should read a thread only to the first post that they find relevant. Good catch, though, as I thought I was increasing my post count on the sly - you know, to increase my credibility with a bunch of people I likely won't meet in real life. Moderators, please roll my post count back by 3 so I don't seem overly-credible!

Secretly, I'm really just gunning for the FT DYKWIA hat that's in the new FT store - I hear it is only on a screen visible to those with more than 5,000 posts.
Now that's funny. ^
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Late to this thread. Early on I saw ??? about "Kettle".

It is a last name and not a big pot. A search on Google images reveals oodles of Kettle photos. The basic plot of many of these movies movie was:

1) Country bumpkins leave the countryside
2) In "duck out of water" fashion laughs abound
3) The simple country folk teach snooty, worldly folk a valuable, heart-warming lesson in humility

Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES

. I love it!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PepeBorja

Sure, I me-self have done some of the things on the list, except feet on the wall or the fast food deal, both of which are damn tacky, IMHO.
Oops. I hope that wasn't you I was sitting next to with my Five Guys burger last week.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:02 pm

Next trip I may come bare foot (easier to get through TSA), bring a sack full of Krystals, prop my dogs up on the wall or the arm rest in front of me, and bring the local "Gazette" to read in the pooper.

Oh, and wear my soon to be new "Kettle" hat.

Guess I covered the spectrum there.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by DaveNC
Oops. I hope that wasn't you I was sitting next to with my Five Guys burger last week.
Mmmmmmmmm Five Guys. Mmmmmmmmm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.