Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Old Jun 23, 11, 11:58 am
  #106  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RDU
Posts: 378
Originally Posted by jeff30189 View Post
To those of you who are "offended" (what is the world coming to), I think you're missing the point.

This is a humorous (and harmless) way of pointing out that there is a little Kettle in all of us. So take a chill pill.

You might be a kettle if:

...you use your water bottle to make a "to go" drink from the SC bar.

...you take the free FC earbuds home with you.

...your carry-on luggage prominently displays the name of a discount retailer (i.e. Walmart, Target).

...you take the time to post (multiple times) about the lack of a free PDB, the quality of the free cheese, or the lack of free top shelf scotch.

...you let your little kettles run amok for the entire flight while you incessantly ring the FA call button for more free Coke and pretzels.
Exactly! No...wait...this is totally me! I wonder where I can get a shiny "Kettle" pin to go on that nice DM hat I just ordered?
HookemHorns is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 12:19 pm
  #107  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 31,411
You might be a kettle if you have posted numerous times in this thread using sequential posts each replying to a different person to pad your post count.
CMK10 is online now  
Old Jun 23, 11, 12:43 pm
  #108  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anywhere EXCEPT DL metal
Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Posts: 330
Originally Posted by HookemHorns View Post
Exactly! No...wait...this is totally me! I wonder where I can get a shiny "Kettle" pin to go on that nice DM hat I just ordered?
I'm having a Kettle Medallion hat made. Got it on order already.

If you belong to the FT super-secret Kettle Medallion ITK group, you will know to look for it.

Last edited by DHG(Th); Jun 23, 11 at 12:44 pm Reason: added some text
DHG(Th) is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 12:47 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by DHG(Th) View Post
I'm having a Kettle Medallion hat made. Got it on order already.
Don't know if you're trolling, but pictures or it didn't happen when you get the hat =)
mfong is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 1:07 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anywhere EXCEPT DL metal
Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Posts: 330
Originally Posted by mfong View Post
Don't know if you're trolling, but pictures or it didn't happen when you get the hat =)
No suh. Not trolling. When the hat stock arrives and I get it aftermarketed, I'll post pictures. A promise with my hand up

Then the "Where's DHG(Th) Kettle editon" contest begins.


Think "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego"

Last edited by DHG(Th); Jun 23, 11 at 1:11 pm Reason: added stuff
DHG(Th) is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 1:27 pm
  #111  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MIA, FLL
Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
Posts: 147
"...you use your water bottle to make a "to go" drink from the SC bar. "

You're my hero!!!
SPatrick83 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 1:33 pm
  #112  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MIA, FLL
Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
Posts: 147
You name your first born after yourself so that one day with your combined travel you can maybe, maybe one day hit Gold!
SPatrick83 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 1:38 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RDU
Posts: 378
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
You might be a kettle if you have posted numerous times in this thread using sequential posts each replying to a different person to pad your post count.
Wow, yes, I must be a kettle as I completely overlooked the forum rule that says one should read a thread only to the first post that they find relevant. Good catch, though, as I thought I was increasing my post count on the sly - you know, to increase my credibility with a bunch of people I likely won't meet in real life. Moderators, please roll my post count back by 3 so I don't seem overly-credible!

Secretly, I'm really just gunning for the FT DYKWIA hat that's in the new FT store - I hear it is only on a screen visible to those with more than 5,000 posts.
HookemHorns is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 1:43 pm
  #114  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: RDU
Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Posts: 1,540
Originally Posted by SPatrick83 View Post
You name your first born after yourself so that one day with your combined travel you can maybe, maybe one day hit Gold!
I was an abused teen. My father had me book all of my travel on 7F with my first initial and last name so he could claim it on AC. This is back in the day when you didn't need a first name on your BP and no one checked ID. I flew all over the arctic for two years and could have been a top elite myself if I had any idea what that was back then.
bwhite is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 1:45 pm
  #115  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anywhere EXCEPT DL metal
Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Posts: 330
Originally Posted by HookemHorns View Post
Wow, yes, I must be a kettle as I completely overlooked the forum rule that says one should read a thread only to the first post that they find relevant. Good catch, though, as I thought I was increasing my post count on the sly - you know, to increase my credibility with a bunch of people I likely won't meet in real life. Moderators, please roll my post count back by 3 so I don't seem overly-credible!

Secretly, I'm really just gunning for the FT DYKWIA hat that's in the new FT store - I hear it is only on a screen visible to those with more than 5,000 posts.
Now that's funny. ^
DHG(Th) is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 1:57 pm
  #116  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLL
Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Posts: 5,044
Late to this thread. Early on I saw ??? about "Kettle".

It is a last name and not a big pot. A search on Google images reveals oodles of Kettle photos. The basic plot of many of these movies movie was:

1) Country bumpkins leave the countryside
2) In "duck out of water" fashion laughs abound
3) The simple country folk teach snooty, worldly folk a valuable, heart-warming lesson in humility





Evan! is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 2:06 pm
  #117  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Posts: 8,690
Originally Posted by HookemHorns View Post
Wow, yes, I must be a kettle as I completely overlooked the forum rule that says one should read a thread only to the first post that they find relevant. Good catch, though, as I thought I was increasing my post count on the sly - you know, to increase my credibility with a bunch of people I likely won't meet in real life. Moderators, please roll my post count back by 3 so I don't seem overly-credible!

Secretly, I'm really just gunning for the FT DYKWIA hat that's in the new FT store - I hear it is only on a screen visible to those with more than 5,000 posts.
. I love it!
Crazyhotelguy is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 2:53 pm
  #118  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ATL
Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Posts: 407
Originally Posted by PepeBorja View Post
....

Sure, I me-self have done some of the things on the list, except feet on the wall or the fast food deal, both of which are damn tacky, IMHO.
Oops. I hope that wasn't you I was sitting next to with my Five Guys burger last week.
DaveNC is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 3:02 pm
  #119  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anywhere EXCEPT DL metal
Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Posts: 330
Next trip I may come bare foot (easier to get through TSA), bring a sack full of Krystals, prop my dogs up on the wall or the arm rest in front of me, and bring the local "Gazette" to read in the pooper.

Oh, and wear my soon to be new "Kettle" hat.

Guess I covered the spectrum there.
DHG(Th) is offline  
Old Jun 23, 11, 3:03 pm
  #120  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Posts: 8,690
Originally Posted by DaveNC View Post
Oops. I hope that wasn't you I was sitting next to with my Five Guys burger last week.
Mmmmmmmmm Five Guys. Mmmmmmmmm
Crazyhotelguy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: