Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by pdac1975
I especially like the one about hanging out with the FA's in the Galley. I love watching the faces of the FAs when a guy does this. They look so pained but they have to be polite.
I used to think this too, but a close friend of mine who is an FA actually encourages me to go up to the galley and chat with FAs on a long-haul flight. She says that as long as this doesn't happen at times when the galley is busy, they usually enjoy it. I rarely do it anyway, because I usually grab window seats and don't get up.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Would that be the new premium drinks or the well variety?
Well of course. I'm a chintz.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
To those of you who are "offended" (what is the world coming to), I think you're missing the point.

This is a humorous (and harmless) way of pointing out that there is a little Kettle in all of us. So take a chill pill.

You might be a kettle if:

...you use your water bottle to make a "to go" drink from the SC bar.

...you take the free FC earbuds home with you.

...your carry-on luggage prominently displays the name of a discount retailer (i.e. Walmart, Target).

...you take the time to post (multiple times) about the lack of a free PDB, the quality of the free cheese, or the lack of free top shelf scotch.

...you let your little kettles run amok for the entire flight while you incessantly ring the FA call button for more free Coke and pretzels.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
If you sit in row 1 and put your feet on the bulkhead wall then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.
Damn, im busted!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Wow! A lot of these judgements are downright nasty, not to mention snobbish! I'd be very careful with these, because it can offend many people. Not everyone here flies first class 6 times a year...

Last edited by nytraveller53; Jun 23, 2011 at 9:44 am
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
Originally Posted by jeff30189
To those of you who are "offended" (what is the world coming to), I think you're missing the point.

This is a humorous (and harmless) way of pointing out that there is a little Kettle in all of us. So take a chill pill.
Well said. I try to be a polite and sophisticated traveler, I really do! But I cringe a little every time I read one of these threads.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
People please! Don't take it too seriously.

I started this thread to have some fun because deep down we all are Kettle's with Medallion Status... Just happens that some are more than others...

Fact is no one was born with Medallion Status.... we all had to go through the Kettle stage. I remember my first Kettle flight like it was yesterday. Feb 2007, I was the last person to board a NWA 757 bound to PHL.I was the only goofball to have his roller gate checked. Lesson learnt! "Welcome aboard, Kettle with Medallion Status to be!!!!"

Sure, I me-self have done some of the things on the list, except feet on the wall or the fast food deal, both of which are damn tacky, IMHO.

Have I made my way to the top of the line in the SP? YES! Especially when flying in row 1. I don't care and just make my way up and up. Let Kettle be my true color.

Do I proudly display my tags? YES. It irritates people and that's a bonus! Does anything else scream "I am a Kettle with Medallion Status" more than my NWA PLAT and 2 DM tags? That is the equivalent of a mullet.

Do I call my daughter on my cell phone to scream "I just landed" while she is sitting on coach with the rest of the clan? YES. It's fun!. It is stupid fun!

Besides, look at this thread. Unlike most, it has been very civil.

One more...

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if all of your baggage is a matching TUMI set.

And one more, You are indeed a Kettle with Medallion Status if all of your baggage is a matching TUMI set displaying FO tags
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by jeff30189

You might be a kettle if:

...you use your water bottle to make a "to go" drink from the SC bar.

...you take the free FC earbuds home with you.

...your carry-on luggage prominently displays the name of a discount retailer (i.e. Walmart, Target).

...you take the time to post (multiple times) about the lack of a free PDB, the quality of the free cheese, or the lack of free top shelf scotch.

...you let your little kettles run amok for the entire flight while you incessantly ring the FA call button for more free Coke and pretzels.
I have enough ear buds, still in package, to supply a 757!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if all of your baggage is a matching TUMI set.

And one more, You are indeed a Kettle with Medallion Status if all of your baggage is a matching TUMI set displaying FO tags

My carry on isn't TUMI, but I do have my FO tags on there just because it is fun (though the impact is likely less because I also have my FT tags on them)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
While boarding into coach carrying your 3 items plus a coffee and talking on your cell phone you bump every aisle F seat PAX with your carry on and you do it on purpose because you missed the UG. "Oh, I'm sorry" <snicker>

You proudly place all of your carry on into the overhead bin because you boarded early and there is tons of room up there.

Right after boarding into F you call someone and say "I am on the plane sitting in first class".

Every call you make while in the Skyclub begins with "I'm in the Skyclub at the airport"

Upon boarding into F you grab the pillow and blanket and toss it into an empty overhead bin knowing full well the next person on will have to move them to get their carry on up there.

One more...

And they look brand new but you bought them two years old.

Originally Posted by DHG(Th)
If you reach for your phone upon landing and make a call saying "I just landed": Does texting count?
On a serious note, I always tell people that I am picking up not to text me. I tell them to call me as soon as they land because I will be driving in the car and I don't read text while driving. Speakerphone in the car works great to coordinate the rendezvous point.

Last edited by bwhite; Jun 23, 2011 at 11:45 am
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
What does being a PM or DM and using your FO tags instead so you can confuse the heck out of people in elite heavy airports when you board F as a FO, make you?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by JoelA
If you ask for a PBR as your PDB
Hey, leave the hipsters alone! Flame on, SFO folks!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
What does being a PM or DM and using your FO tags instead so you can confuse the heck out of people in elite heavy airports when you board F as a FO, make you?
That would be an instigator or s... crap stirrer.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Or even better adorn your bags with WN tags.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:54 am

If you are in first class and bring fast food on board then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

@:-)
I'm guessing there's some slack allowed here for those of us who have <1hr layovers at ATL with 4+ hour segments on either side, since DL has eliminated FC meals on most non-transcon routes? Or did I miss the secret ATL concourse that has M&S or Ruths Chris to go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.