FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1229144-you-might-kettle-medallion-status-if.html)

Crazyhotelguy Jun 23, 2011 5:46 am

Originally Posted by DHG(Th) (Post 16611392)
Well, I according to the "list" I might be kettlish on a few of these, but I ain't saying which. :D

Yor secrets are safe on FT:)

Come clean and take the first step to recovery!

DHG(Th) Jun 23, 2011 5:48 am

Originally Posted by generaltao (Post 16610763)
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if...

If you look forward to the meal service in FC

If you "hang out" with the FAs by the galley

If you think the MD-XXs are great

If you reach for your phone upon landing and make a call saying "I just landed"

aww sh*t.. I'm a freakin' Kettle.

Now I know I'm gonna pee in someone else's luggage. That is hilarious. ^

mtkeller Jun 23, 2011 5:49 am

Originally Posted by DHG(Th) (Post 16611367)
Oh this is totally kettle. Or tweet the same thing on twitter while pitching their b!tch cause things didn't go totally their way on their once every five years airplane trip. ;)

Fixed that for you :D

Crazyhotelguy Jun 23, 2011 5:52 am

Originally Posted by DHG(Th) (Post 16611400)
Now I know I'm gonna pee in someone else's luggage. That is hilarious. ^

Now doesn't that feel better to get it out there...???

:):).

DHG(Th) Jun 23, 2011 5:53 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 16611402)
Fixed that for you :D

Touche' Much obliged. If I had a dollar for every time I heard or read that, I'd be a lifetime Kettle Medallion. ROTF

DHG(Th) Jun 23, 2011 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 16611415)
Now doesn't that feel better to get it out there...???

:):).

I'd rather pee in someone's luggage than soil my own trousers. :)

The dudes at LHR or BOS have nothing on me. :D

DHG(Th) Jun 23, 2011 5:59 am

Where is the Duke of Bombay?

I'm very surprised Mr Hudson is missing this witty banter. :confused:

DHG(Th) Jun 23, 2011 6:04 am

New FT double-secret society....

The Kettle Medallion.

I'll have a hat made (don't think I won't) in order to be recognized by my fellow brethren at airports hither and yon. The uneducated can only wonder in puzzlement of this "new" status. :D

Sabai Jun 23, 2011 6:18 am

Originally Posted by PepeBorja (Post 16608198)
If you sit in row 1 and put your feet on the bulkhead wall then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.

Putting one's feet on the bulkhead - shod or not - alas is quite common, in every sense of the word.

Crazyhotelguy Jun 23, 2011 6:24 am

Originally Posted by DHG(Th) (Post 16611453)
The Kettle Medallion.

I'll have a hat made (don't think I won't) in order to be recognized by my fellow brethren at airports hither and yon. The uneducated can only wonder in puzzlement of this "new" status. :D

I love t! FT will be a buzz trying to figure out who it is, bashing them daily, and secretly wanting to be that Kettle! Oh the irony!

:D:D

Deemus7 Jun 23, 2011 6:29 am

Originally Posted by DHG(Th) (Post 16611453)
The Kettle Medallion.

Or how about a new KM luggage tag with a built-in loudspeaker to announce your arrival and drown out those silly metal ones??

bubbashow Jun 23, 2011 6:45 am

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT (Post 16610846)
Putting your feet up is actually ok... putting your barefoot feet on the wall because you wore flip-flops on an airplane is NOT OK.

IT IS?!?!?! If you came to my house or office and put your feet up on my wall (no matter how nice the shoes), I'd be pi$$ed. I think that is the tackiest behavior regularly shown in F. The way I was raised, feet don't belong on walls. Period.

Crazyhotelguy Jun 23, 2011 6:49 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow (Post 16611591)
IT IS?!?!?! If you came to my house or office and put your feet up on my wall (no matter how nice the shoes), I'd be pi$$ed. I think that is the tackiest behavior regularly shown in F. The way I was raised, feet don't belong on walls. Period.

^

DaveNC Jun 23, 2011 7:05 am

Originally Posted by DHG(Th) (Post 16611392)
Well, I according to the "list" I might be kettlish on a few of these, but I ain't saying which. :D

I'll come clean:
  1. I bring food to FC if I have short connection and there's no meal service.
  2. I look forward to the meals in FC, because unlike the DMs, I can't subsist on the crushed souls of the FOs on board.
  3. I like the MD-88s for my 1-hour flights to ATL because the exit row is freakin' huge.

I'll get a t-shirt made ("Platinum Kettle") so y'all won't be surprised by my low-class behavior.

jamesteroh Jun 23, 2011 7:29 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow (Post 16611591)

^ The same with people putting their feet on furniture in the skyclub (I have seen people put their feet on other chairs or prop them up on the work are cubicle desks there).