Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership

Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by ss278
I got mine through Western back in the late 1970's. Cost me $250. Delta wanted to take it away when they merged since they didn't offer a Lifetime membership. Offered me three years free. I said BS and with several other SLC flyers threatened to sue. "You bought the assets of Western and the liabilities. If you consider us a liability, so be it." Anyway it never came to that, they saw our point.
My father acquired his lifetime DL membership via Western. Although born in the 1980s, I heeded his advice about buying lifetime lounge memberships as a twenty-something.

Right out of college I bought a life CO Presidents Club membership, followed by a TWA Ambassadors life membership. I'll echo the feelings of others who still have a bad taste left when AA did not honor the program.

Regardless, a few years later AA offered lifetime Admirals Club memberships for a brief period of time (Three months?) so I signed up.

Immediately after the DL/NW merger was announced, I bought a life WorldClubs membership.

Overall I'm quite happy not being locked into one airline; it also occasionally means being able to pick and choose from lounges, i.e. at HNL the AC used to offer showers, the DL SC better food and the NW WC better drinks.

Ironically I now spend most of my time lounging in Centurion lounges; fortunately the $550 annual fee is basically a wash after $200 in airline fee credit, $200 in Uber credit and Boingo acccess.
xanthuos likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:48 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
someday we ought to have a meet up in a convenient lounge somewhere for those of us that have the rare lifetime passes
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by td_in_training
When I bought my lifetime membership it was for something called a 'Worldclub'... The cheese was real, the agents were empowered, and I don't recall ever sitting on the floor to charge my laptop
And you could pour your own adult beverages.....and not have to stand in line for a Coke. Delta never sold lifetime memberships, only NW did. I've received my money's worth for my lifetime membership.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I, too, have a Lifetime DL membership via NW.

But since the early 90's, I had yearly Crown Room memberships. DL used to have a lot more rooms. And in some of the smaller airports, there was a "Convenience Club" (I think that's what it was called). It was open to members, but unstaffed. You asked for a four digit code from a DL airport rep to enter.
xanthuos likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by td_in_training
When I bought my lifetime membership it was for something called a 'Worldclub'... The cheese was real, the agents were empowered, and I don't recall ever sitting on the floor to charge my laptop
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Just prior to combining, NW still sold a lifetime club membership while DL did not. Lifetime for NW was a little over $2800. 0n 9/2009 NW credited unused portion of a 3 year membership fee leaving a net cost of $2415. This became a lifetime DL admission plus 2 guests. To date, cost per each admission is $6.80 and still falling. One of my better buys.
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
And you could pour your own adult beverages.....and not have to stand in line for a Coke. Delta never sold lifetime memberships, only NW did. I've received my money's worth for my lifetime membership.
When I bought mine, there wasn't a thousands digit on the receipt.
Laptop? what was that?
First device I charged at a skyclub was a Walkman.

I prayed that my Worldclub lifetime membership was referring to me and not NWA! Kudo to DL for honouring it along with the two guest.

Long live DTW SCs. no lineups! no tipping!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
Just prior to combining, NW still sold a lifetime club membership while DL did not. Lifetime for NW was a little over $2800. 0n 9/2009 NW credited unused portion of a 3 year membership fee leaving a net cost of $2415. This became a lifetime DL admission plus 2 guests. To date, cost per each admission is $6.80 and still falling. One of my better buys.
^ Exactly same scenario for me. I converted mine a couple years before 2009 from a 3 year platinum membership to a $2800 Lifetime, and was able to use the 2+ years of residual value left on 3 year to apply to lifetime. At the time my coworkers thought I was crazy for paying that. Now look at who they think is crazy for not buying

One of best investments in comfort I've ever made and my travel mates agree!
xanthuos likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Just prior to combining, NW still sold a lifetime club membership while DL did not. Lifetime for NW was a little over $2800.
I purchased mine right around the same time. NW MEM WC staff advised me that DL would not be offering this option so I pulled the trigger and to this day I'm very glad they did!
xanthuos likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by hockeystl
I purchased mine right around the same time. NW MEM WC staff advised me that DL would not be offering this option so I pulled the trigger and to this day I'm very glad they did!
same here
hockeystl and xanthuos like this.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I think that one of the key things is that no matter when you bought and no matter how much you paid, if you're still flying DL, you're ahead of the game financially. Even if you're a DM, you're still better off, especially with the new Choice Benefits selections.
xanthuos likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
I used the credit of a 3 year WC membership and being a NW Plat at the time it cost $2315. out fop pocket to upgrade my WC 3 year membership to al lifetime membership, Did this after the merger was announced but before it had closed in one of the DTW WC's

RC
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:53 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
$2315 sounds about right, I bought my WC lifetime in 2006 at LAX as a Plat as well. The agents said it was about 8-9 years to break even. She's still at the LAX DL SC too!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:44 am

Although this is not the United Flyertalk site, I did get a better deal on their lifetime club membership. In the 70's they charged $25/year and $250/lifetime. After one year they offered to credit the $25 toward a lifetime membership. AND they tossed in a lifetime for my wife. A little creative entries on the next year's expense accounts covered the cost.
xanthuos likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Although this is not the United Flyertalk site, I did get a better deal on their lifetime club membership. In the 70's they charged $25/year and $250/lifetime. After one year they offered to credit the $25 toward a lifetime membership. AND they tossed in a lifetime for my wife. A little creative entries on the next year's expense accounts covered the cost.
So you are saying you stole from your employer and your are proud of it
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:57 am

Used part of my per diem.
xanthuos likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Club
I purchased 2 lifetime memberships to Western Airlines Lounge for $500.00 back in 1977 when I was 22 years old. Western was bought out by Delta several years later and Delta honored the Western club lounge memberships. 42 years later... they still are allowing us entrance into Delta's club lounge. That's what I call a bargain!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.