Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by knownothing
Mine cancelled when they changed the name from Crown Room to Sky Club. The fine print said only to Crown Room
It's surprising they'd single out their own customers this way, since it's pretty hard to imagine that lifetime TWA, NWA, Republic, or Pan Am memberships included Sky Clubs.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
ps
American had a similar program called "VITs" It was prior to the FF program I got it by dating a station manager in college. Used to freak them out as I flew student standby - but was guaranteed a first class seat.

Eastern also had a similar that I got from Frank Borman who used to baby sit me when I was a kid in Tucson

Those were the days
hnewman likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
It's surprising they'd single out their own customers this way, since it's pretty hard to imagine that lifetime TWA, NWA, Republic, or Pan Am memberships included Sky Clubs.
perhaps it was the wording on the card. Mine said lifetime crown room
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
As a follow-up, our group was sufficiently distracted by Chick-Fil-A that my in-laws did not have time to make it to the MSY lounge.

As a BTW the MSY lounge is gorgeous, and has the best food I've experienced in the system. They have a great gumbo, and an amazing penne pasta with olive oil and crayfish entree. The "Bartenders choice" of Oxacan Apple is tied with the HNL Mai Thai as my favorite cocktail in the system too, fyi. Incredibly impressive for a relatively small outstation in my opinion.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by td_in_training
When I bought my lifetime membership it was for something called a 'Worldclub'... The cheese was real, the agents were empowered, and I don't recall ever sitting on the floor to charge my laptop
At the Salt Lake Crown Room you were not allowed to use a lap top unless you went into one of the three conference rooms.

It is interesting of the "must be" different wordings/fine print of the the different cards on the merger. They are allowed while LT Crown Room are not as there is no longer a Crown Room
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
As a follow-up, our group was sufficiently distracted by Chick-Fil-A that my in-laws did not have time to make it to the MSY lounge.

As a BTW the MSY lounge is gorgeous, and has the best food I've experienced in the system. They have a great gumbo, and an amazing penne pasta with olive oil and crayfish entree. The "Bartenders choice" of Oxacan Apple is tied with the HNL Mai Thai as my favorite cocktail in the system too, fyi. Incredibly impressive for a relatively small outstation in my opinion.
It is uncouth to repeat such a message. But this year has been odd. So yeah, RT!
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:49 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I'm looking forward to finally seeing the new MSY.airport (which was my home airport before LAX) and checking out the new club in December. Happy Thanksgiving to my Lifetime WorldClub friends! Incidentally, the first time I was in the LAX SC this year, the two agents from the old NW SC that I knew happened to be sitting next to each other (never saw them together since the NW/DL merger)
hnewman likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I'm looking forward to finally seeing the new MSY.airport (which was my home airport before LAX) and checking out the new club in December. Happy Thanksgiving to my Lifetime WorldClub friends! Incidentally, the first time I was in the LAX SC this year, the two agents from the old NW SC that I knew happened to be sitting next to each other (never saw them together since the NW/DL merger)
You'll like it a lot. The food's excellent, the bartenders are good and the staff is great. The only problem is that the Airport Authority wouldn't give DL all of the space they asked for so it can be cramped.

I understand that at one point the weekend before last if was full with a line outside.
rylan likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:51 am

Solid investments back in 1976
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by sdix
Solid investments back in 1976
That they were.

They're buried somewhere with a bunch of memorabilia but I also still have my Eastern Ionosphere Club and US Air Lifetime cards and/or luggage tags.

While it's sad that so many are gone now The investments that I (my employers) made still pay off with my Delta and Admirals Club Lifetimes.

Is the United still active?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
When I was invited to lunch by a DL Manager and given the Flying Colonel recognition, I was given the complimentary membership to the Crown Room which went with FC. I asked how long this membership lasts and sitting across the table, the manager said: "forever!"

It's really unfortunate that DL did not honor this and took away the complimentary membership after giving it as a perk with FC. I'd be interested in others' thoughts. Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:50 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
When I was invited to lunch by a DL Manager and given the Flying Colonel recognition, I was given the complimentary membership to the Crown Room which went with FC. I asked how long this membership lasts and sitting across the table, the manager said: "forever!"

It's really unfortunate that DL did not honor this and took away the complimentary membership after giving it as a perk with FC. I'd be interested in others' thoughts. Thanks!
I don't understand was it dependent on two things, FC recognition pluss FC or just FC or was FC a perk that went with the Flying Colonel
status?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
I don't understand was it dependent on two things, FC recognition pluss FC or just FC or was FC a perk that went with the Flying Colonel
status?
Sorry for the Confusion!!

Yes, it was a perk that went with Flying Colonel.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
A few updates for Lifetime Members based my email correspondence with the Delta SkyClub Service Center regarding recent access changes :

1) The three hour early arrival rule does not apply to Lifetime Members
2) When clubs have a "line pass" sign for 360/Diamond/Delta One guests, Lifetime Members are excluded from the line pass benefit.
3) Lifetime Members continue to have Sky Club access regardless of air carrier.
NOLAnwGOLD and Minnyappleus like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.