Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership

Old Nov 4, 19, 2:39 am
  #46  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 14,473
Another example of how FT is an invaluable tool. I had Lifetime Clipper Club with Pan Am, when Pan Am went bust I was living abroad and not in a place that had abundant DL flights (or any for that matter) for a few years. I was never informed in any way about any extension of my Lifetime status from either Delta or UA (you may recall that UA took over Pan Am's LHR hub and flights minus Miami). It was not until maybe 10 years later when reading FT that I even became aware that there was a possibility that still having Lifetime CRC or SkyClub existed. In short I have asked Delta several times to re-instate my Lifetime membership several times over the last 17 years, and each time I am basically told either that, "Records no longer exist" or that, "It has been too long". The funny thing is that while I was Platinum or then Diamond for about 20 years, it was not that important to me, because I had the access anyway.............oh well..............
hfly is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 3:19 am
  #47  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 18,404
Originally Posted by hfly View Post
Another example of how FT is an invaluable tool. I had Lifetime Clipper Club with Pan Am, when Pan Am went bust I was living abroad and not in a place that had abundant DL flights (or any for that matter) for a few years. I was never informed in any way about any extension of my Lifetime status from either Delta or UA (you may recall that UA took over Pan Am's LHR hub and flights minus Miami). It was not until maybe 10 years later when reading FT that I even became aware that there was a possibility that still having Lifetime CRC or SkyClub existed. In short I have asked Delta several times to re-instate my Lifetime membership several times over the last 17 years, and each time I am basically told either that, "Records no longer exist" or that, "It has been too long". The funny thing is that while I was Platinum or then Diamond for about 20 years, it was not that important to me, because I had the access anyway.............oh well..............
Are we sure DL took over Pan Am memberships and kept them as LT?
flyerCO is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 4:44 am
  #48  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 14,473
According to many posts/members from the early 00's they did...............
hfly is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 4:54 am
  #49  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 14,473
Links to some of the threads:

PAN AM Clipper Club Membership

Lifetime CR Membership

Lifetime Crown Room Club Membership

Skyteam Lounge Lifetime Membership
hfly is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 10:31 am
  #50  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 18,404
Thank you. I knew that it had been brought up, never knew if it was actually the case.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 1:32 pm
  #51  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 14,473
Addendum to my earlier posts. A couple of years ago when going through various boxes of my mother's things, I actually found not only my lifetime card, my "Worldcard" (that was the Pan Am Mastercard back then)as well as my Clipper Club tags as well as Lifetime Card.............I contacted Delta again and......no dice..........
hfly is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 1:58 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco & Squaw Valley
Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Posts: 3,252
On Monday I will fly through MSY with my wife and in-laws. My wife and I are flying AS to SFO, and my in-laws are flying AA MSY-ORD-CWA. I'm a lifetime SkyClubs member who also has an American Express Platinum. My mother in law has a Delta credit card.

Any life advice in terms of whether all four of us will be allowed in (the language is member + 2 guests), and what we'll have to pay for the extra guest? Not sure if they will charge more/less for customers not flying Delta.
worldwidedreamer is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 3:08 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NYC, MSY
Programs: DL DM, MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere
Posts: 4,280
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
On Monday I will fly through MSY with my wife and in-laws. My wife and I are flying AS to SFO, and my in-laws are flying AA MSY-ORD-CWA. I'm a lifetime SkyClubs member who also has an American Express Platinum. My mother in law has a Delta credit card.

Any life advice in terms of whether all four of us will be allowed in (the language is member + 2 guests), and what we'll have to pay for the extra guest? Not sure if they will charge more/less for customers not flying Delta.
You have a few issues. First you can only use 1 card and your Lifetime Card is the one you want to use since none of you are flying DL. You should be able to bring yourself and 2 guests. Be sure to have the physical card or the phone app to show the Lifetime membership. Your AMEX Plat is useless since it's a second card. If you wife had one, it would still be useless because no one is flying DL. Your mother-in-laws DL card is useless since she isn't flying DL. You could ask about paying for 1 person but the odds are that you'll get turned down.

I think they're going to be very rigid in terms of the rules, especially since it;s a new Club which is physically accessible to all passengers.

Since MSY has such a high percentage of O/D traffic the CSR's are very used to politely turning people away.
SuperG1955 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 6:52 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: GRR
Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 1,009
I feel

Originally Posted by hfly View Post
Addendum to my earlier posts. A couple of years ago when going through various boxes of my mother's things, I actually found not only my lifetime card, my "Worldcard" (that was the Pan Am Mastercard back then)as well as my Clipper Club tags as well as Lifetime Card.............I contacted Delta again and......no dice..........

I feel they should grant your request for sheer persistence Keep trying!
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
gretchendz is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:50 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco & Squaw Valley
Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Posts: 3,252
Originally Posted by SuperG1955 View Post
...You could ask about paying for 1 person but the odds are that you'll get turned down...
We will see. Both groups are flying on segments not offered on DL (I.e. MSY-ord in AA F and msy-sfo in AS y+.) so might get some leeway there. Will be interesting to see.
worldwidedreamer is offline  
Old Nov 10, 19, 6:28 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: STL
Programs: DL PM, DL SkClub LT, AA Gold, SPG Plat/LT Gold, IHG Plat, HH Diam, AS MVP
Posts: 1,776
Originally Posted by SuperG1955 View Post
You should be able to bring yourself and 2 guests. Be sure to have the physical card or the phone app to show the Lifetime membership. Your AMEX Plat is useless since it's a second card. If you wife had one, it would still be useless because no one is flying DL.
Be sure to print a physical printout of the new LT terms that state you're still allowed in when NOT flying DL. I've had some uncomfortable interactions at both SEA and SAN having to fight for admittance when I was flying AS and trying to get in with my LT app virtual card.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
hockeystl is offline  
Old Nov 10, 19, 7:31 am
  #57  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Paris & Scotland (Laird), "Suite on the World"
Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Posts: 592
Mine cancelled when they changed the name from Crown Room to Sky Club. The fine print said only to Crown Room
knownothing is offline  
Old Nov 10, 19, 7:33 am
  #58  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Paris & Scotland (Laird), "Suite on the World"
Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Posts: 592
Originally Posted by SuperG1955 View Post
You have a few issues. First you can only use 1 card and your Lifetime Card is the one you want to use since none of you are flying DL.
As others have said, I don't believe the LT CR card is valid
knownothing is offline  
Old Nov 10, 19, 7:37 am
  #59  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Paris & Scotland (Laird), "Suite on the World"
Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Posts: 592
Originally Posted by zrs70 View Post
I, too, have a Lifetime DL membership via NW.

But since the early 90's, I had yearly Crown Room memberships. DL used to have a lot more rooms. And in some of the smaller airports, there was a "Convenience Club" (I think that's what it was called). It was open to members, but unstaffed. You asked for a four digit code from a DL airport rep to enter.
there was usually a poker game going on too - at least in Shreveport
knownothing is offline  
Old Nov 10, 19, 7:41 am
  #60  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Paris & Scotland (Laird), "Suite on the World"
Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Posts: 592
Originally Posted by Justin026 View Post
Flying Colonels were given free Crown Room access “year to year” well into the 1990,
"all" rules were broken for FCs as well as you could upgrade as many friends as they had seats. Got mine after working at the Dallas crash many years ago
knownothing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: