Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership

Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another example of how FT is an invaluable tool. I had Lifetime Clipper Club with Pan Am, when Pan Am went bust I was living abroad and not in a place that had abundant DL flights (or any for that matter) for a few years. I was never informed in any way about any extension of my Lifetime status from either Delta or UA (you may recall that UA took over Pan Am's LHR hub and flights minus Miami). It was not until maybe 10 years later when reading FT that I even became aware that there was a possibility that still having Lifetime CRC or SkyClub existed. In short I have asked Delta several times to re-instate my Lifetime membership several times over the last 17 years, and each time I am basically told either that, "Records no longer exist" or that, "It has been too long". The funny thing is that while I was Platinum or then Diamond for about 20 years, it was not that important to me, because I had the access anyway.............oh well..............
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hfly
Another example of how FT is an invaluable tool. I had Lifetime Clipper Club with Pan Am, when Pan Am went bust I was living abroad and not in a place that had abundant DL flights (or any for that matter) for a few years. I was never informed in any way about any extension of my Lifetime status from either Delta or UA (you may recall that UA took over Pan Am's LHR hub and flights minus Miami). It was not until maybe 10 years later when reading FT that I even became aware that there was a possibility that still having Lifetime CRC or SkyClub existed. In short I have asked Delta several times to re-instate my Lifetime membership several times over the last 17 years, and each time I am basically told either that, "Records no longer exist" or that, "It has been too long". The funny thing is that while I was Platinum or then Diamond for about 20 years, it was not that important to me, because I had the access anyway.............oh well..............
Are we sure DL took over Pan Am memberships and kept them as LT?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to many posts/members from the early 00's they did...............
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Links to some of the threads:

PAN AM Clipper Club Membership

Lifetime CR Membership

Lifetime Crown Room Club Membership

Skyteam Lounge Lifetime Membership
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thank you. I knew that it had been brought up, never knew if it was actually the case.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Addendum to my earlier posts. A couple of years ago when going through various boxes of my mother's things, I actually found not only my lifetime card, my "Worldcard" (that was the Pan Am Mastercard back then)as well as my Clipper Club tags as well as Lifetime Card.............I contacted Delta again and......no dice..........
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
On Monday I will fly through MSY with my wife and in-laws. My wife and I are flying AS to SFO, and my in-laws are flying AA MSY-ORD-CWA. I'm a lifetime SkyClubs member who also has an American Express Platinum. My mother in law has a Delta credit card.

Any life advice in terms of whether all four of us will be allowed in (the language is member + 2 guests), and what we'll have to pay for the extra guest? Not sure if they will charge more/less for customers not flying Delta.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
On Monday I will fly through MSY with my wife and in-laws. My wife and I are flying AS to SFO, and my in-laws are flying AA MSY-ORD-CWA. I'm a lifetime SkyClubs member who also has an American Express Platinum. My mother in law has a Delta credit card.

Any life advice in terms of whether all four of us will be allowed in (the language is member + 2 guests), and what we'll have to pay for the extra guest? Not sure if they will charge more/less for customers not flying Delta.
You have a few issues. First you can only use 1 card and your Lifetime Card is the one you want to use since none of you are flying DL. You should be able to bring yourself and 2 guests. Be sure to have the physical card or the phone app to show the Lifetime membership. Your AMEX Plat is useless since it's a second card. If you wife had one, it would still be useless because no one is flying DL. Your mother-in-laws DL card is useless since she isn't flying DL. You could ask about paying for 1 person but the odds are that you'll get turned down.

I think they're going to be very rigid in terms of the rules, especially since it;s a new Club which is physically accessible to all passengers.

Since MSY has such a high percentage of O/D traffic the CSR's are very used to politely turning people away.
xanthuos likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
I feel

Originally Posted by hfly
Addendum to my earlier posts. A couple of years ago when going through various boxes of my mother's things, I actually found not only my lifetime card, my "Worldcard" (that was the Pan Am Mastercard back then)as well as my Clipper Club tags as well as Lifetime Card.............I contacted Delta again and......no dice..........

I feel they should grant your request for sheer persistence Keep trying!
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
...You could ask about paying for 1 person but the odds are that you'll get turned down...
We will see. Both groups are flying on segments not offered on DL (I.e. MSY-ord in AA F and msy-sfo in AS y+.) so might get some leeway there. Will be interesting to see.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
You should be able to bring yourself and 2 guests. Be sure to have the physical card or the phone app to show the Lifetime membership. Your AMEX Plat is useless since it's a second card. If you wife had one, it would still be useless because no one is flying DL.
Be sure to print a physical printout of the new LT terms that state you're still allowed in when NOT flying DL. I've had some uncomfortable interactions at both SEA and SAN having to fight for admittance when I was flying AS and trying to get in with my LT app virtual card.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Mine cancelled when they changed the name from Crown Room to Sky Club. The fine print said only to Crown Room
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
You have a few issues. First you can only use 1 card and your Lifetime Card is the one you want to use since none of you are flying DL.
As others have said, I don't believe the LT CR card is valid
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zrs70
I, too, have a Lifetime DL membership via NW.

But since the early 90's, I had yearly Crown Room memberships. DL used to have a lot more rooms. And in some of the smaller airports, there was a "Convenience Club" (I think that's what it was called). It was open to members, but unstaffed. You asked for a four digit code from a DL airport rep to enter.
there was usually a poker game going on too - at least in Shreveport
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Justin026
Flying Colonels were given free Crown Room access year to year well into the 1990,
"all" rules were broken for FCs as well as you could upgrade as many friends as they had seats. Got mine after working at the Dallas crash many years ago

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.