Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Baggage Fees and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/Ex-NWA
Receipt for bag fees?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed/answered previously. I searched the DL forum and couldn't find an answer.

On this past weeks flight to BOS, I did computer check-in's and paid for a bag each way. I know that $30 isn't a big deal, but would like to get reimbursed by my company for the fees. Both times, when I did the computer check-in, I was offered to have the receipt for the bag fee emailed to me. I have not received any email from Delta except for reminders to check-in, credit card offers and sad news about the merger.

I asked the agent on check-in at the airport for a receipt for the bag fees but she was unable to help. I called customer service this morning and was told to send a letter to the Delta Statistics department in Atlanta. The telephone rep couldn't provide an email, phone or fax number or anything for that department other than a PO box.

My company requires that I turn in all receipts for a trip at one time. I don't want to delay a big reimbursment waiting for Delta to maybe get back with me. I'm guessing that I'm going to have to eat the fee. I really miss the exceptional service that I almost always received from NWA.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
If you checked in on NWA.com there is an option on the PNR page to print a receipt that would include all charges, including things like bag fees and coach choice.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:35 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I always do a "screen print" just to be sure when I need a receipt.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:20 am

would your credit card statement suffice?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by bmw303
The last couple places I worked, they have never accepted credit card statements. Though for the OP it may be different.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/Ex-NWA
Originally Posted by bmw303
My company requires a receipt from the airline. I should have saved a pdf of the transaction. It's a lesson learned but not a real expensive one. I did send an email to Delta. You would think that this would be a easy feature to stand up on delta.com. If you're going to charge us for luggage, at least give us an easy way to get reimbursed.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by macguy
My company requires a receipt from the airline. I should have saved a pdf of the transaction. It's a lesson learned but not a real expensive one. I did send an email to Delta. You would think that this would be a easy feature to stand up on delta.com. If you're going to charge us for luggage, at least give us an easy way to get reimbursed.

I guess putting down $30 as a tip to the baggage handler is not going to cut it?

LOL!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Arizona Couple Accused of Stealing at Least 1,000 Suitcases From Airport

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571766,00.html
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond VIP, Marriott-Platinum, Priority Club-Platinum, Delta-Gold
Refund Success Story - baggage fees

My DL flight was canceled. Delta nicely put me on a CO flight, but CO wanted to charge me for my two checked bags ($50). I said that DL didnt charge me (because of my Silver status) and that there should be a reciprocity agreement between the two carriers. CO said that there used to be, but that, lately, DL has not been honoring it. A trip back to the DL agent, who said "go ahead and pay the CO baggage fees and DL will reimburse." I thought, fat chance, but I needed to get to my destination so I paid the fee to CO. After submitting the info to DL, through email, I received a check for $50. Interestingly, the check was from NW. So, to all, I say it may be worth it to petition the airlines for whatever gripes you. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: NWA Silver
SE luggage fees waived and split PNR

My apololgies if this has been covered already but I can't seem to find the answer. My family and I are flying next weekend and was wondering 2 things.
As a silver, does everybody on the PNR get the luggage fees waived? and also...if they do, can I still split the PNR in order to try for an upgrade and still get the fees waived?
thx
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Maryalamb
My apololgies if this has been covered already but I can't seem to find the answer. My family and I are flying next weekend and was wondering 2 things.
As a silver, does everybody on the PNR get the luggage fees waived? and also...if they do, can I still split the PNR in order to try for an upgrade and still get the fees waived?
thx
Only the silver gets the waived bags, but it is 2 bags up to 70 pounds. You can split the PNR by just calling Delta and then you will still have a chance at the upgrade.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by griffey3032
Only the silver gets the waived bags, but it is 2 bags up to 70 pounds. You can split the PNR by just calling Delta and then you will still have a chance at the upgrade.
are you sure that is correct? i thought everyone on the SE PNR gets their fees waved. of course the DL site is clear as mud i am still not clear on the wording b/c it seems contradictory.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Blue Skye
are you sure that is correct? i thought everyone on the SE PNR gets their fees waved. of course the DL site is clear as mud i am still not clear on the wording b/c it seems contradictory.
Can you point us to the contradictory wording on delta.com?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold :-( KLM Gold HH Diamond
Would like to know also

I am FB Elite and I am flying on the same reservation with wife and +2 yr old, they have no status *looks down at wife and baby*. I had been under the impression that I would be able to check 2 bags for free (with my status) but I would have to pay for any additional luggage. Is that not the case?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
FO...always had fees waived for entire party (for that reason, and the lack of upgrade chances, I never split)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.