Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Survey: How was your rebooking for a cancelled flight

Old Jun 8, 11, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)

On June 6, we were on a flight from SAC to MSP that was delayed about an hour due to a mechanical problem with the incoming plane.

The good news is we made our connection with a few minutes to spare.

The bad news is we got a message generated from delta.dumb asking us to participate in a survey about the rebooking process for a cancelled flight.

Given the fact, the flight wasn't cancelled it was a bit hard to answer some of the questions... e.g. how did you do the rebooking (gate agent, phone, kiosk, delta.dumb etc). <lol>

Question of the day -- has anyone else had this happen recently?

Bob H
Old Jun 8, 11, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by BobH View Post
On June 6, we were on a flight from SAC to MSP that was delayed about an hour due to a mechanical problem with the incoming plane.

The good news is we made our connection with a few minutes to spare.

The bad news is we got a message generated from delta.dumb asking us to participate in a survey about the rebooking process for a cancelled flight.

Given the fact, the flight wasn't cancelled it was a bit hard to answer some of the questions... e.g. how did you do the rebooking (gate agent, phone, kiosk, delta.dumb etc). <lol>

Question of the day -- has anyone else had this happen recently?

Bob H
I could tell you, but the message would not be positive (private joke from another thread ).

How about this, I am positive that I have received a number of DL surveys asking me about experiences that were quite unrelated to what actually transpired.

For example, when DL canceled my reservation on a flight and the Sky Club staff rebooked me on another flight and printed my boarding pass, I received a survey asking how my kiosk check-in experience went.

Other examples involved less subtle differences between what I experienced and what the survey sought to hear about.

The thing that always intrigues me is that I seem to get surveys about the minor hiccups, but not about the real fiascoes.
Old Jun 8, 11, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
And on a delayed flight they often ask you what airport was the delay. For me a lot of the time is both airports, so how do you answer since you don't know what flight they were referring to? I rarely fill them out since I tend to get a least once a week. Delay, MX or XCL.
Old Dec 13, 12, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL
Just got one of these emails for a first flight of the day two days ago that was far from cancelled. (ROC-LGA) I hit all of the N/A's I could and left everything else blank with a comment about the flight going through in the comment box. Guess I should have tried for some compensation first.
Old Mar 12, 13, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Same thing here - a survey for a "Cancelled" flight.

This flight was rescheduled to arrive three minutes later than booked (same departure time).

I answered similarly to chimphappyhour above.
Old Mar 13, 13, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
Same thing here - a survey for a "Cancelled" flight.

This flight was rescheduled to arrive three minutes later than booked (same departure time).

I answered similarly to chimphappyhour above.
+1. I commonly get notices from the Delta apps about a "delay impacting my travel," along with an opportunity to rebook to another flight, for flights where the "delay" is just a few minutes and would have no impact whatsoever on my connecting flight.

I suppose it is better to over-communicate in such circumstances (if, for example, a delay leaves a passenger with 15 minutes or less to make a connection in Atlanta), but to receive such a notice about a five minute delay impacting a two hour connection window is just plain silly.

It may be a bit much to ask of Delta's crack IT staff -- the same tone deaf folks that can't make the award calendar work after five-plus years -- but one would think they could apply some simple decision rules (IF flight delay is less than 10 minutes, THEN don't send the "delay impacting your travel" warning) to guide the process.

Pretty basic stuff, but apparently not for Delta.
Old Mar 13, 13, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, IHG/SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver, EK Kettle, AA Hater
These surveys are about the most poorly designed waste of money I have ever seen.

Please take this money and get better food in J.
Old Mar 13, 13, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Ti, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy View Post
These surveys are about the most poorly designed waste of money I have ever seen.
Spoken like someone who has never taken the utterly worthless two-question free answer United post-flight survey, where one of the questions focuses on encouraging you to compliment the crew somehow.

Whenever things are annoying on Delta, just think of all the miserable souls stuck flying UA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: