Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Signup Bonus - Can you get it more than once?

Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium

Ok, so here is the scoop. Back in 2008 I had signed up for and recieved the Gold Delta AMEX card which came with 20,000 skymiles. The card was closed shortly afterwards (I have a few choice word about AMEX in regards to that, but that's a different story) with no issues. Anyways, recently I recieved an offer in the mail for the Platinum Delta AMEX. It has a pretty decent offer attached to it (40,000 skymiles, 15,000 MQMs and $100 off a Delta Purchase) that I would like to take advantage of - especially those MQMs.

I seem to recall that in the past the standard was that if you previously held a Delta AMEX you could only get the difference welcome bonuses. So that since I had already recieved 20,000, I would only get 20,000 of the 40,000 miles. Is this still how AMEX is doing this or has anyone had any luck in getting the full amount? Figured I would see what other individuals had expereienced before I give AMEX a call...
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL PM
Not sure about doubling up on the offer, however I had that same exact offer and make sure you keep a screenshot of the offer and the offer code. Took me months of calling and empty promises of fixing it before I finally got my miles.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
In a semi-related question, can you get the sign-up bonus on both a personal and business card? I already have a personal Delta Amex, but may pull the trigger on a business card if it comes with the sign-up bonus.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:33 pm

Worst case, you are entitled to the difference (additional miles and MQM). They may also look at it as a new product due to the gold vs. plat.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: DL Skypesos PE, PP Platinum, HH DIAMOND, AA, CH GE, SPG
You can have both a personal and business amex, both are considered separate for the purpose of obtaining additional bonus rdm & mqm.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
I got two personal Amex Gold card for 50k+40k miles within 2 years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.