Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Just checked in as a Silver Medallion, getting Sky Priority messages

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just checked in as a Silver Medallion, getting Sky Priority messages

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
The agent in SEA refused to place a priority tag on my bag saying that it wasn't a benefit for AS elites.
Gold and 75K only.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Seems to me with these new changes the gate lice are getting only worse...
Old Jun 11, 2011, 2:36 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by akonradi
Gold and 75K only.
True, but it is a Sky Priority benefit and I was told it wasn't for any AS elites (I specifically asked about Golds). I was still surprised though that DL doesn't have a separate line for FOs and other non-Sky Priority Elites in SEA, especially with its mini-hub/focus city operation there.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by bennos
Zone 2 boards via the SP lane, and once zone 3 starts all Medallions and premium cabin passengers continue to use the SP lane.
We recently had a flight where we were in zone 1 and couldn't board using the priority lane (or whatever you want to call it) because it was jammed with gate lice and the lice were in zones 3 and higher.

The GA just had us use the other lane and left them standing there (for a while!)

Bob H
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
True, but it is a Sky Priority benefit and I was told it wasn't for any AS elites (I specifically asked about Golds). I was still surprised though that DL doesn't have a separate line for FOs and other non-Sky Priority Elites in SEA, especially with its mini-hub/focus city operation there.
They put a yellow tag on luggage when their computers tell them to do so. It prevents them from needing to memorize every small detail of the loyalty programs. If you were MVPG, you certainly would have received one. Clearly you were not eligible, and they could tell.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Seems to me with these new changes the gate lice are getting only worse...
There were six silver tags boarding in zone 1 this morning IND-JFK... on a CRJ.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I'm curious, are any of you silvers who are getting SP Million Milers @:-)
Not a Million Miler.. Just sitting in the exit row.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by akonradi
They put a yellow tag on luggage when their computers tell them to do so. It prevents them from needing to memorize every small detail of the loyalty programs. If you were MVPG, you certainly would have received one. Clearly you were not eligible, and they could tell.

There were six silver tags boarding in zone 1 this morning IND-JFK... on a CRJ.
And even if they put the yellow tag on the bag, there's no guarantee it won't be the last one on the belt.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by mtkeller
And even if they put the yellow tag on the bag, there's no guarantee it won't be the last one on the belt.
Very true. Wednesday I had sky priority and a yellow tag and my bag was one of the very last to hit the belt.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I'm curious, are any of you silvers who are getting SP Million Milers @:-)
I am not a million miler.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
I'm in a similar situation.

Recent FO + Delta Amex cardholder, though I'm 1/2 way through my "Earn A Higher Status" GM promotion. Nowhere close to a Million Miler. Booked flights from DEN to CLE via DTW early this week. Outbound segments are U/H fare, return flights are L.

Upgrades requested, but not confirmed for the 1st and 4th segments (2nd and 3rd are CRJ 100). Checked in today, and while I haven't been received a confirmed upgrade, my boarding pass states Zone 1 with Sky Priority. I thought it was odd. Headed to FT and found this post. The one thing I did notice is that I'm 1/1 on the Upgrade List w/ 2 First seats available. The boarding pass for the 2nd flight is Zone 2. The last time I made this trip I was upgraded on both eligible flights (pretty lucky considering they were my first flights as FO), and because of the upgrades boarded Zone 1/SP on all flights.

Wondering if DL decided to give me Sky Priority because I'm part of the GM targeted promo, or because they expect I'll see a "battlefield upgrade?" Also read that it could be due to the exit row seat, is that new?

I should mention, I'm only FO because I found FlyerTalk and started getting into the travel rewards game as a result. I'll complete 8 segments in the next 2 weeks, 4 of which will be as a newly minted GM.

Last edited by jordantbro; Jun 11, 2011 at 11:43 am
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jordantbro
I'm in a similar situation.

Recent FO + Delta Amex cardholder, though I'm 1/2 way through my "Earn A Higher Status" GM promotion. Nowhere close to a Million Miler. Booked flights from DEN to CLE via DTW early this week. Outbound segments are U/H fare, return flights are L.

Upgrades requested, but not confirmed for the 1st and 4th segments (2nd and 3rd are CRJ 100). Checked in today, and while I haven't been received a confirmed upgrade, my boarding pass states Zone 1 with Sky Priority. I thought it was odd. Headed to FT and found this post. The one thing I did notice is that I'm 1/1 on the Upgrade List w/ 2 First seats available. The boarding pass for the 2nd flight is Zone 2. The last time I made this trip I was upgraded on both eligible flights (pretty lucky considering they were my first flights as FO), and because of the upgrades boarded Zone 1/SP on all flights.

Wondering if DL decided to give me Sky Priority because I'm part of the GM targeted promo, or because they expect I'll see a "battlefield upgrade?" Also read that it could be due to the exit row seat, is that new?

I should mention, I'm only FO because I found FlyerTalk and started getting into the travel rewards game as a result. I'll complete 8 segments in the next 2 weeks, 4 of which will be as a newly minted GM.
It's the exit row. As for your upgrade list position, if you checked in at the 24 hour mark, expect it to change. You only go on the list once checked in and is very possible there are DM/PM/GM's who haven't yet checked in that will knock you down when they do.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Just checked in for NRT-ATL-BNA on Thursday. Non-exit row coach seats on both legs.

NRT-ATL - Zone 2

ATL-BNA - Sky Priority / Zone 1

What I'd really like is for them to let me on the earlier ATL-BNA flight so that I don't have to spend nearly 4 hours in ATL after the long flight from Japan!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

FO in exit row. Got sky priority on bp, but was denied entry to SP bag drop for being only a silver. Got through SP security line no prob though. MSP was a madhouse and lines were insane, but SP was deserted.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Roundtrip DTW-MKE last week, as a Silver Elite I got Zone 1 Sky Priority.

DTW-MKE was a MD-88, not in an exit row.
MKE-DTW was a CRJ50, exit row.

First time I've ever gotten a Sky Priority BP as a Silver. Not a MM. I do have a Plat AMEX.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
So people have been able to use the Sky Priority line but not the bag drop essentially?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.