Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

anyway to put alitalia outbound and airfrance inbound metal on one ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold

My company let's me book premium economy product, which is great, but I need an open jaw ticket JFK-MXP and CDG-JFK. So would like Classica Plus to MXP and Premium Voyageur to JFK.

Evidently that's impossible though unless it is priced as one way tickets? (which is of course more $$$ than biz)

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

I'm gold on delta (this trip will make me platinum, woohoo!)

Thanks
Old May 31, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Marriott Plat, Everything else basic
Yes, I think there should be through the magic of code shares.

Buy a DL round trip. Make sure the outbound flight is on Alitalia metal and the return is on metal.

For example:
DL 8127 DL 8654 should work.

To try out combinations I just punched random dates in Kayak, limited it to one way, and looked at Skyteam flights.

Good luck.
Old May 31, 2011, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by MCI2OMA2ATL
Yes, I think there should be through the magic of code shares.

Buy a DL round trip. Make sure the outbound flight is on Alitalia metal and the return is on metal.

For example:
DL 8127 DL 8654 should work.

To try out combinations I just punched random dates in Kayak, limited it to one way, and looked at Skyteam flights.

Good luck.
Can the OP book Classica+ via dl.com? May want to try the Medallion desk to find out.
Old May 31, 2011, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

well according to amex travel who i have to book through for work, classica+ can't be booked as DL ticket or something. basically she is telling me i have to buy it as a one way fare....

i know you can book premium voyager on AF through dl.com, but doesnt seem to work with alitalia ...unless i am doing something wrong?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Why don't you try JFK-MXP via CDG for the outbound, then you fly AF premium eco on either Af or DL code for both ways. That should not be more expensive than AZ direct.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by MarLim
Why don't you try JFK-MXP via CDG for the outbound, then you fly AF premium eco on either Af or DL code for both ways. That should not be more expensive than AZ direct.
Perhaps because it would require connecting at CDG, which many people don't like to do when a direct flight is available?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Perhaps because it would require connecting at CDG, which many people don't like to do when a direct flight is available?
CDG has greatly improved. I have connected there many times recently without encountering any problems.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by fly747first
CDG has greatly improved. I have connected there many times recently without encountering any problems.
I too was very hesitant to connect through CDG from all the past horror stories. However, I flew IST-CDG-LAX a few weeks ago, and my connection through CDG was very smooth. Thankfully my incoming gate was in the same concourse as my departure, so I didn't have a long walk or bus ride. Simply rescreened through security and walked to my gate. Couldn't have been smoother.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by yngdiego
I too was very hesitant to connect through CDG from all the past horror stories. However, I flew IST-CDG-LAX a few weeks ago, and my connection through CDG was very smooth. Thankfully my incoming gate was in the same concourse as my departure, so I didn't have a long walk or bus ride. Simply rescreened through security and walked to my gate. Couldn't have been smoother.
I have had two trips through CDG in the last two weeks. One transfer was from 2F-2E with 45 minutes between connections. With the priority lane I had plenty of time.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:51 am
Original Poster

yeah I am flying into MXP on business and want max sleep on plane before I have to go straight into meetings. so the connection through CDG is just now workable.

i am doing alitalia in classica plus to MXP. then flying CDG-PSA-JFK on the way home which is AF metal and then delta metal.

of course that means i am now in coach on delta. wonder if they will put me in economy comfort as a gold medalllion (i will actually be platinum by the time that return flight happens) or if because i am on an alitalia ticket, i will be stuck in regular coach?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.