Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A Plan to Make The Delta Skymiles Forum more User-Friendly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Plan to Make The Delta Skymiles Forum more User-Friendly

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta, UA
Originally Posted by houserulz77
Invited Thread: The Amazing, and Slightly Intoxicated, Travels of Thomas Hudson – Included because this would be my favorite thread if it existed. This thread would be sponsored by Woodford Reserve who would award a bottle of their fine bourbon each week to Thomas Hudson for the best post by Thomas Hudson which involved him polishing off the bottle he had been awarded the previous week.
LOL!
Old May 26, 2011, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
OP, great job. I'd add one more:

"I'm sick of hearing you complain, so stop it" Thread
Old May 26, 2011, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

The OP's first post on this Thread is so great that I don't think it needs one addition or correction.
Good job ^
Old May 26, 2011, 10:47 pm

^^^^

Thank you so much!
Old May 26, 2011, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
This plan is a classic!
Old May 26, 2011, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Bahahahahahahahaha... FT hall of fame for this one
Old May 26, 2011, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
Bahahahahahahahaha... FT hall of fame for this one
Agreed. This is one for the history books. ^^^
Old May 27, 2011, 2:39 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

It is a good thing I did not write a song parody to accompany this thread.
In addition to suggesting titles and descriptions of the 15 threads, I also have thrown out some great ideas for sponsors of each thread. These sponsors could generate revenue for the forum to pay for the next DO (which I think should be held at a different hub, say CDG), and could also provide exciting prizes to the bests posts in the thread they sponsor. I welcome anyone’s thoughts.
I must admit that this is the most creative suggestion yet for trying to have us organize a third Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event.

Nice try.
The thread would be sponsored by Weber who would present a new grill to the best flame job of the month.
That idea grates on me for some reason.
The thread would be sponsored by Hallmark who would create a special series of thank you cards using sappy adjectives from the gushiest post of the month.
That will only happen when you care enough to post the very best content.
Delta Sucks – This is where all the posts about rude FAs, poor service, IROPS, and all the other grumbling could be shared. To keep this thread from getting to long, a poll would be included in the initial post which asked: “Have you gotten the shaft from Delta.dum?” The poll’s choices would be ‘Yes,’ ‘Big-time,’ and ‘Currently being talked off of a ledge.’ The thread would be sponsored by Delta who would allow the OP of the most ‘saddening’ post of the month to write the form letter which would be sent to every online complaint received by Delta that month.
If you are talking about “Delta sucks” and “delta.dum”, wouldn’t the logical sponsor be the Spangler Candy Company, which manufactures Dum Dum lollipops?
The thread would be sponsored by Simon & Schuster, and a monthly vote would be held to identify the best story each month.
Is that how you would — er — book a Delta Air Lines SkyMiles award ticket?!?
Pad my Balance – This is where all the posts about Delta promotions could be discussed with reckless abandon, and with little regard to the impact they will have on the SkyMiles Program. Especially encouraged would be posts which dissect each term and condition of promotions to allow for SM Members to extract maximum value. This thread would be sponsored by American Express and the most industrious posting of the month would receive a free companion certificate, complete with more restrictions then one of those “You have won a free 8 day cruise” postcards.
Better yet, have Apple sponsor this thread and re-name it iPad my Balance.
This thread would be sponsored by the folks who own the naming rights to Eastern Airlines, and the most amazing redemption story of the month would receive a free flight, without blackout dates, on Eastern or their code share partners TWA, Pan Am, and Midway.
Let me think about this idea on my next Braniff, National, Northwest, America West or Aloha Airlines flight.
The Official 'Sheena Sighting' Thread – Self Explanatory for most, but this would be the place to report all those incidents, real or imagined, about crooked GAs, evil non-revs, mysterious GIDS anomalies, and other sightings of the infamous old gal. This thread would be sponsored jointly by Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Each month a prize would be awarded for the most egregious incident like, “I was 1 of 1 for 8 seats in F and ended up in the baggage compartment.” The prize would vary based on whether or not the author of the post had been a good little girl/boy.
I think this thread should be sponsored by none other than Sheena Easton.
Who Moved my (fake) Cheese – This would be the place to report any changes in service policies, whether related to the Delta hard or soft product. Items of great importance like snack basket changes, current cereal brands being served, FEBO/FEFO, PFB, and all the other things that really matter to customers could be discussed here. Posts containing the words “Biscoff” or “Woodford” would automatically be bolded throughout the thread. This thread would be sponsored by Bombardier who would award the author of the most informative post each month (like one commenting on the quality of the soap in the F lav.) with their choice of a CRJ-100 aircraft or $2 cash.
I am completely in favor of this idea, as long as nobody cuts the cheese.
The Grass is Greener – This would be the place where folks considering defecting from, or moving to Delta could talk each other out of switching carriers by explaining in detail the extent to which pretty much ever airline sucks.
I may be blowing smoke, butt I believe this thread will simply go to pot.
The Delta Forum Lounge – I’m not really sure what goes on in here, but 72,000 posts don’t lie.
Don’t worry — I have no idea what goes on in the Delta Forum Lounge Thread either.

In fact, I might just permanently suspend the posting privileges of the deranged FlyerTalk member who launched that thread in the first place...
Old May 27, 2011, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Hahaha this is amazing! I have to agree! Some of the best posts on this forum are the Thomas Hudson posts! And the airliners reference is great too.
I was informed by someone in the know that my posts are not funny, but actually drivel, so from here on out I will be focusing factually on matters of high importance such as fake cheese, free soup, and why all Delta employees should be fired and all Non Revs should be forced to sit in middle seats and beaten....

Oh, and funny thread OP... I hope you were on vacation!
Old May 27, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Great ideas... and a good way to start a Friday morning of a long weekend...
Old May 27, 2011, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
This is awesome, and it is refreshing to see FT being able to poke fun at itself. ^
Old May 27, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
I've been looking for the "like" button but will have to ^^^ instead. Thanks for an epic post.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by Boomer727
This is one of the best posts i've seen on FT!

i can't stop laughing

excellent job.
Nor can I. Thank you!
Old May 27, 2011, 7:26 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I was informed by someone in the know that my posts are not funny, but actually drivel, so from here on out I will be focusing factually on matters of high importance such as fake cheese, free soup, and why all Delta employees should be fired and all Non Revs should be forced to sit in middle seats and beaten....

Oh, and funny thread OP... I hope you were on vacation!
Haha I am glad you haven't lost your sense of humor!
Old May 27, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
OP, outstanding work!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.