Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I get free Economy Comfort?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott PPE,
Relative flying with low miles award ATL-SCL was able to pick EC when the flight was cancelled and rescheduled for the morning. Upon logging to dl.com, there was a message that EC was offered complimentary (otherwise it was $90 each way.)
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:22 am

Programs: DL SM
I just flew SEA-NRT-PVG in EC and found it well worth the cost. You pay by the leg, with SEA-NRT being $60 and NRT-SEA being $25. The way of restraining invading nomads from the rear varied. On the long leg, the FAs would inform interlopers that it was an extra-fare seat. On my flight few seats were taken, so this was easy to police. On the shorter leg, the FAs used masking tape over the unoccupied seats, leaving one "unmasked" adjacent to an occupied seat.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by BrianMinn
I just flew SEA-NRT-PVG in EC and found it well worth the cost. You pay by the leg, with SEA-NRT being $60 and NRT-SEA being $25. The way of restraining invading nomads from the rear varied. On the long leg, the FAs would inform interlopers that it was an extra-fare seat. On my flight few seats were taken, so this was easy to police. On the shorter leg, the FAs used masking tape over the unoccupied seats, leaving one "unmasked" adjacent to an occupied seat.
Wow, how unprofesional is that? They used masking tape? Geeez, have marketing make up some signage and velcro it to the seat .....masking tape? realllllllyyyyyyyy???
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
DL says that companions of GM and FO also get the applicable 50% or 25% discount on EC upgrades. Does this mean that Plat & Diamond companions get the free upgrades, or is it just wishful thinking?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by raj0321
DL says that companions of GM and FO also get the applicable 50% or 25% discount on EC upgrades. Does this mean that Plat & Diamond companions get the free upgrades, or is it just wishful thinking?
Yes, that's what it means. It works for up to eight companions on the same PNR, plus the elite member.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
Perhaps this has already been answered / discussed in one of the MANY EComfort threads, but here goes, anyway!

How are the FA's managing Y pax changing seats when the door closes. Are they policing pax to make sure they don't move from "REGULAR" Y to EComfort? If they do allow it, are they giving those pax free booze? (not that I care, personally). Mostly just curious, but, the OP is flying to HND, and I'm certainly not an expert, but, between lack of connections at HND, and all the other other problems in Japan, and that these flights are just starting back up again, it seems to me that these flights would be fairly open.
I flew in EComfort last week on PDX-AMS. Regular Y was totally full, with just a few seats left in EComfort. The FA made it clear that EComfort is a separate class of service and passengers are not permitted to switch into the empty seats. Of course, this started a bunch of griping from people who had "supposedly paid for EComfort" and weren't given seats there. Either way, no one was allowed to move.

The FAs never offered cocktails to the EComfort section or made mention of the fact that they were complimentary.

Overall, the extra legroom is nice, but its unfortunate that the A332s have such large IFE boxes underneath the seats.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:34 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
I'd much rather fly in an exit row than EC. The extra space is nice, but the extra recline is greater than the extra space. The net result is that someone is sleeping on your lap.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rwSEA

The FAs never offered cocktails to the EComfort section or made mention of the fact that they were complimentary.
There wasn't any drink service on a flight from PDX-AMS???

EC doesn't get any special cocktail service or any other service that isn't offered to the rest of the economy cabin. When the drink cart comes rolling by, which I'm sure it must have at some point on a flight of that duration, that's when drinks are ordered, and there shouldn't be a charge for liquor if you're in a EC seat.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:42 am

Programs: DL/KM Platinum, STE+, Hertz Prezzie
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Wow, how unprofesional is that? They used masking tape? Geeez, have marketing make up some signage and velcro it to the seat .....masking tape? realllllllyyyyyyyy???
Nothing wrong there. Tape goes on, tape comes off. They will put similar markers on STE+ seats, which of course don't work in the dark anyway.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:23 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by elkapong
The international flights I have taken so far this year have had full EC sections. The flights have been pretty full, and the GAs have moved people up to be in the middle seats.
I hope that the GAs asked them first. I have an emergency window on my next TATL flight and I'd absolutely throw a hissy fit if they moved me up into a middle EC seat without my knowledge...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:50 pm

A little off topic, I am a GM and my parents who have no status are planning a trip to Italy. Can I book their reservation while I am logged in to DL.com and reserve preferred seats for them and/or get a discount on EC+ seating? Otherwise thy'll be stuck reserving seats in the back of the plane.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by donjc451
A little off topic, I am a GM and my parents who have no status are planning a trip to Italy. Can I book their reservation while I am logged in to DL.com and reserve preferred seats for them and/or get a discount on EC+ seating? Otherwise thy'll be stuck reserving seats in the back of the plane.
No. You have to be traveling for them to be eligible for it.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL/KM Platinum, STE+, Hertz Prezzie
Originally Posted by rwSEA
Of course, this started a bunch of griping from people who had "supposedly paid for EComfort" and weren't given seats there. Either way, no one was allowed to move.
If this was a problem they could just use their credibility as a bridge and drive across the atlantic rather than fly - it seems to be able to stretch far enough donchathink?

Originally Posted by localady
I hope that the GAs asked them first. I have an emergency window on my next TATL flight and I'd absolutely throw a hissy fit if they moved me up into a middle EC seat without my knowledge...
Methinks these are the people who don't have a seat assignment, are requesting bassinet seats or are family-separation-via-upgrade-screwups (the latter of which don't exist of course so it's really poor planning)... I'm looking at my seat map for my upcoming pacific flight and am guessing that this will happen to the seat beside me. IMHO I still stay they shouldn't get cocktails and for the inflight entertainment they should get "The Map" if they don't pay for the privilege of sitting next to me
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Do Plats/Diamonds (and companions) get free upgrade to Economy Comfort (Premium Voyageur or Premium Economy) for DL-coded flights using AF/KL metal?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete
There wasn't any drink service on a flight from PDX-AMS???

EC doesn't get any special cocktail service or any other service that isn't offered to the rest of the economy cabin. When the drink cart comes rolling by, which I'm sure it must have at some point on a flight of that duration, that's when drinks are ordered, and there shouldn't be a charge for liquor if you're in a EC seat.
There may not be additional service in the sense that they don't do extra drink cart runs, but liquor is free and unlimited at any time during the flight for EC passengers. If I am in EC and I want to booze it up while everyone else is sleeping I am perfectly entitled to.

I personally will stick with exit rows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.