The Minutiae of an Airline Merger

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 5:10 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Vuelos
solidarity for his union brothers.
For some reason I thought UA's pilots were not part of ALPA. Maybe that is AA...
Old May 18, 2011, 5:10 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yamaka
I'm pretty sure this is a picture of the code!
I didn't know they made multi-colored punch cards.
Old May 18, 2011, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TTT
For some reason I thought UA's pilots were not part of ALPA. Maybe that is AA...
AA is Allied Pilots Assoc (APA).
Old May 18, 2011, 5:32 pm

GT with lime

Originally Posted by TTT
I agree - great read!

And for those who say the merger was all bad, PMNW flyers will be happy to know that they can now enjoy larger lime wedges!

Anyone else find it odd that there is a Delta pilot picketing in the picture?
A great read while having my 2nd gin-n-tonic while flying bwi-dtw. The lime wedges ARE quite generous.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hilton
I always wondered about the garbage bags they use? It's those little things...
Old May 19, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I'm sure the post it note that said, fix the award calendar probably fell on the floor
Old May 19, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hilton
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I'm sure the post it note that said, fix the award calendar probably fell on the floor
The replaced it with a post-it note that has milk, juice, bread on it!
Old May 19, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by Vuelos
solidarity for his union brothers.
They look more like union thug bosses to me. The "pilot" in front is wearing an AA uniform. And yes, the second "pilot" is wearing a DL uniform.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by ATL787
They look more like union thug bosses to me. The "pilot" in front is wearing an AA uniform. And yes, the second "pilot" is wearing a DL uniform.
By putting the word pilot in quotes, are you suggesting that they're not really pilots? Maybe actors?

Or maybe pilots that are in a union aren't "real" pilots? Sorry for my confusion over your use of quotation marks.

By the way, would you describe the difference between what a union thug boss looks like and an airline executive? Maybe it's the way they comb their hair...
Old May 19, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I for one am grateful for the lime decision, which I assume also applied to lemons. That is the one area that the merger actually delivered something "best in class". On AA and other airlines I have to ask for at least three "slices" of lemon in my drink.

However, it wouldn't be DL if they didn't have challenges in delivery. Two of six segments in the last several days were catered with no lemons or limes.
Old May 19, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Looks like a massive Six Sigma Lean Action workout!
Old May 19, 2011, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by TheMoose
By putting the word pilot in quotes, are you suggesting that they're not really pilots? Maybe actors?

Or maybe pilots that are in a union aren't "real" pilots? Sorry for my confusion over your use of quotation marks.

By the way, would you describe the difference between what a union thug boss looks like and an airline executive? Maybe it's the way they comb their hair...
Are you looking for a fight?
Old May 19, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
Delta's is actually fairly well organized compared to some.

The post-it wall isn't that unusual in big companies. I've seen lots of them in use for big projects where things were very fluid.

I've seen JAD sessions with three walls worth of white boards filled up.

In the Agile method of computer programming project management, cards on the wall are actually commonly used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.