Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Old May 10, 2011, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium

http://www.spafinder.com/delta

Earn 40 miles through May 31st, 2011 for every dollar spent at SpaFinder.com, including Gift Certificates, accepted at over 6,000 spas worldwide!

Terms & Conditions:

For every one ($1) dollar spent on SpaFinder Gift Certificates (including gift boxes and other gift accessories), you will earn 40 miles.

Shipping, insurance, and other administrative fees are not included in the amount of miles awarded.

Items purchased at a discount will earn miles based upon the actual cost of the item, not the original, non-discounted price.

Items purchased via third party loyalty redemption programs or other non-cash methods are not included.

Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.

All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please allow 6-8 weeks after qualification for miles to post to your account.

Offer valid from May 9, 2011 to May 31, 2011.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
SkyPesos, not MQM's...meh.
Old May 11, 2011, 9:02 am

Thanks OP!
Old May 11, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
FYI - You can buy $100 of SpaFinder certificates for $79.99 at Costco (my local store carries them off & on, but you can always get them at costco.com).
Old May 11, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by chix
http://www.spafinder.com/delta

Earn 40 miles through May 31st, 2011 for every dollar spent at SpaFinder.com, including Gift Certificates, accepted at over 6,000 spas worldwide!

Terms & Conditions:

For every one ($1) dollar spent on SpaFinder Gift Certificates (including gift boxes and other gift accessories), you will earn 40 miles.

Shipping, insurance, and other administrative fees are not included in the amount of miles awarded.

Items purchased at a discount will earn miles based upon the actual cost of the item, not the original, non-discounted price.

Items purchased via third party loyalty redemption programs or other non-cash methods are not included.

All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please allow 6-8 weeks after qualification for miles to post to your account.

Offer valid from May 9, 2011 to May 31, 2011.
This also works for AA, although it doesn't show up until the checkout page. Just follow the links for the Delta offer and at checkout you have an option to choose Delta or AA. The dropdown box lets you enter either your Delta or AA membership number.

ETA: Oops! I just emailed customer service to ask about AA and they replied:

"This special is only offered for Delta SkyMiles. Currently there are no Specials for AAdvantage."

Oh, well at least we have Delta.

Last edited by penguin085; May 11, 2011 at 10:47 am
Old May 11, 2011, 10:33 am
RETIRED ACCOUNT

Programs: *A
You can link to spafinder.com through MasterCard Marketplace to earn 5X points there as well.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:36 am
RETIRED ACCOUNT

Programs: *A
Can also link through MileagePlus shopping portal for 2.5 miles per dollar.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:47 am

You can also input a coupon code (Google search) for 10% off (at least).
Old May 11, 2011, 11:21 am

Is a coupon legit to use with the T&C:

Old May 11, 2011, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by BadTime
You can also input a coupon code (Google search) for 10% off (at least).
thanks. most I acctually found was 10% off. did anyone find a larger discount?
Old May 11, 2011, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by infamousdx
Is a coupon legit to use with the T&C:
The way I read this is that you can input a coupon code and get the Delta promotion for the actual net discounted purchase.

BUT, if you go through a third party site like Mastercard or Mileage Plus Shopping, the bonus offer is NO GOOD.

See T&C's:

Old May 11, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bkmn
SkyPesos, not MQM's...meh.
On what planet was this that you even believed you would ever get 40 MQM per dollar spent on another service?
Old May 11, 2011, 12:56 pm

Good deal IMO. Only concern for me is whether a click thru from big crumbs and/or using a 10% discount could invalidate getting the miles. Some discussion on pointsguy's blog that either of those would invalidate. Entering a discount code would seem to be more risky as it's clearly intentional on the part of the buyer (they put the code in), but referrals are not necessarily intentional (could have clicked thru hours before the purchase and come back) and the delta offer shows up regardless of what site you clicked thru.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:20 pm

I'm personally not going to risk it but now I have a reason to buy more Amex GC's and use those to buy these SpaFinder GC's.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by HikerT
Good deal IMO. Only concern for me is whether a click thru from big crumbs and/or using a 10% discount could invalidate getting the miles. Some discussion on pointsguy's blog that either of those would invalidate. Entering a discount code would seem to be more risky as it's clearly intentional on the part of the buyer (they put the code in), but referrals are not necessarily intentional (could have clicked thru hours before the purchase and come back) and the delta offer shows up regardless of what site you clicked thru.
Using a cashback or other miles/points portal will definately invalidate. The question of whether a coupon code will is more open, and someone posted on TPG site as follows:

HerSquier May 11, 2011 at 2:26 pm
I did the same thing, but after reading the fine print again I decided to call and ask. They directed me to corporate (866-569-0449) who told me that if you enter both a PROMO code and skymiles number, the skymiles will not post. So although everything goes through and it looks okay, the promo code will cancel out the points promotion.

May or may not be true, but I’d prefer not to chance losing the awesome deal on the miles to save the 10%.
I'd be extremely weary of using a coupon code with the miles offer, as the terms clearly state that the miles offer is not valid with other offers and the phone call detailed above corroborated this. It's very common for cashback and miles/points offers to be invalidated when used in conjunction with coupon codes, and the terms here seem to indicate this offer is in that same boat. Unless someone obtains clear information to the contrary, I wouldn't risk spending too much on this offer banking on the miles to post along with a discount code.

ADDENDUM:

Further evidence a coupon code will probably invalidate the miles can be found here. Note that cashback is invalidated for all of the offers where a coupon code is used. As cashback and miles/points back are treated the same way in terms of the affiliate systems, it follows that miles will be wiped out by the codes too.

Last edited by mooper; May 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm Reason: addendum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.