Kettle Invasion

Old May 7, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Plat, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
If it is, it'll be kids fresh off the new SkyTeam European expansion in MIA, so they'll either be from the UK and sound really smart to us Americans, French and they'll deplete all red wine and shelf-stable cheese found on board, or from Holland and be playing techno music and riding bikes for the whole flight
Not that we are stereotyping anyone....
Old May 7, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA,CO, DL,FL,WN.US
MCO bound

As one who has flown there too many times to count, and suffered the kid loaded/"Kettle family" flights, I would recommend TPA.It's a drive,yes, but just avoid rush hour times or grab a bite just off airport until traffic clears, and it isn't that bad on I-4.Plus you can enjoy less walking and easy access to rental or your car, and you'll find the flights are generally less kid/obnoxious family filled than those at MCO.Or you could do what one WN flight attendant did a while back, announce that any children, as 3 were racing the aisles, that the door would be opened and the would be put out.Only on WN! but it worked for the duration of the flight.
Old May 7, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by houserulz77
Oh and the guy in 5C has an "emotional comfort animal" or whatever they call them - my allergies are going nuts.
Goldfish?
Old May 7, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
[QUOTE=pragakhan;16345782]Goldfish?[/QUOTE

LMAO

Thanks
Old May 7, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: DELTA
Originally Posted by hunkyleebo
I was recently flying home to MCO and kids were running up and down the aisle. When the FA asked I needed anything I said Yes! some turbulence so the pilot will turn the seatbelt sign back on as I looked over at one of the kids.

She got on the phone to the cockpit and the next thing you know the seatbelt light came on and the pilot asked everyone to be seated. The FA looked at me and winked.
Awesome! Your story warms my heart! :-) ^ ^

-A
Old May 8, 2011, 12:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Funny thread.

Did the final Woodford count exceed 5?
Old May 8, 2011, 1:13 am

Programs: various
If 100% child-free flight options to MCO were ever instituted (including Y), how much premium would you be willing to pay? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Old May 8, 2011, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by jiejie
If 100% child-free flight options to MCO were ever instituted (including Y), how much premium would you be willing to pay? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
I know you're joking, but to/from MCO, it probably isn't possible. However, what about shuttle flights like LGA-BOS etc?
Old May 8, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta SM
I am a regular on NYC-MCO, have had more issues with Medallion DYKWIA adults than kids. Ban the adults!
Old May 9, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Tibs
Daytona isn't that far away - like an hour - if you can get service on Delta there - or Tampa, hell I would fly to Miami and drive up there just to avoid kids.
Amen brother. For over 3 years I flew into Tampa and drove to Orlando when I covered the territory. Unruly passengers, kiddies drunk with Mouse fever, drivers who dont know the roads. Pity that MCO is landlocked - no hope that it will break off and go the way of Atlantis....

Was the daughter at least hot? And legal?
Old May 9, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat
I am a little confused. Are you seriously saying that the mother was trying go get a guy to join the mile high club with her kids right there next to her?
Old May 9, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jeff30189
Amen brother. For over 3 years I flew into Tampa and drove to Orlando when I covered the territory. Unruly passengers, kiddies drunk with Mouse fever, drivers who dont know the roads. Pity that MCO is landlocked - no hope that it will break off and go the way of Atlantis....
Old May 9, 2011, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by djjohn97
I am a little confused. Are you seriously saying that the mother was trying go get a guy to join the mile high club with her kids right there next to her?
Where do you think her kids Garyhound and Deltisha came from?
Old May 9, 2011, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by djjohn97
And, if so, do you happen to know when she will have her next flight?
Old May 9, 2011, 10:54 am
Suspended

It is only a matter of time before Kettles are priced out of the market for flying to MCO or wherever.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.