Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Inflight live satellite TV now limited to half a flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight live satellite TV now limited to half a flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Deltas in flight section makes no mention of regular sat tv costing money. it does say that selections of on-demand TV cost $6, im guessing the system just got confused and that it isnt a change in the system. If it were id rather rent a movie on iTunes for the same price
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by AUDirt
What do you mean "exit the system"? Do you mean to quit watching TV (i.e. browse the available movies or watch previews)? Or do you mean power the thing down (put it in standby)?

I'm going to SEA in the next few weeks, so this could wind up being an issue for me.
When the message pops up, just choose the Cancel/No option (I'm not sure what it's labeled exactly). This will put you back at the main menu, and you can then go back to Live TV and continue watching.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by timf
When the message pops up, just choose the Cancel/No option (I'm not sure what it's labeled exactly). This will put you back at the main menu, and you can then go back to Live TV and continue watching.
Exactly what I did; seemed to do the trick.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Pay TV

I was on an ATL-IAD flight earlier this year where Mrs. ND76 and I missed our upgrades. When they activated the TVs after take-off, the $6.00 pay message came up. We ended up playing mean games of interactive trivia (at least 20 other pax were playing--lots of fun)--they didn't charge for that.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles (Silver), UA Mileage Plus, US Scareways, AA Advantage
Could any of the DL employees/SMI (hah!) comment on this matter (if the info has even been released internally)? I hope it is just a fluke, but come on! The 18 channels of Sat. TV are not worth paying for. It's always been nice to get something for free! Hopefully the package will at least include access to all the on-demand TV shows (which were a nice addition BTW, even if you have to pay for them).
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have heard other reports of people having to pay to watch live TV. Can anyone give us an update on this?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have heard other reports of people having to pay to watch live TV. Can anyone give us an update on this?
I've seen it once or twice. It's a known glitch from what I've heard. Usually asking the FA to restart your unit will fix it so you don't have to pay.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
I was on DL17 Friday (ATL-LAX) and none of the satellite channels were working. Got the clouds pic with "Service Unavailable" message. Never had the option to pay.
I have been seeing that more often. Had it this morning SLC to ATL. and last week they announced it was not working prior to boarding.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Enroute on 2300 ATL-BOS and no problems with the satellite tv.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:03 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TTT
Fluke or signs of whats to come? Unfortunately I fear the latter.
Do you mean - - another . . . . .

enhancement???
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:56 am

Flew yesterday PHX-ATL and got free TV the whole way, even after touchdown.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
send your comments to [email protected]
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Recent flight had free sat TV, charging for movies.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I am right now on MSP-LAX and the screen is saying "free viewing period has ended." I had not get used the tv, but wanted to watch live tv. I'm on a 767 domestic.
Is this a mistake? Any final word on this? Worth an email to delta?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.