Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Experiences with Vegan or Vegetarian Meals in BE

Old Apr 22, 11, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Hi,

I'm flying BOS-LHR r/t in early May and need a special meal. Has anyone had a recent experience with the asian vegetarian or non-dairy vegetarian meals on Delta? What did they serve? Was it any good?

Thank you
Old Apr 22, 11, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
I don't have dietary restrictions, but I prefer to pre-order special food just because the quality of regular selection on DL flights very often is terrible.
So far Asian vegetarian was IMO the best I tried on DL flights recently.
I can compare it with regular, Dairy Vegetarian, and Non-diary Vegetarian (both were better than regular, but so-so in general all the times).
Old Apr 23, 11, 12:42 pm
Suspended

My Plan, Also

Originally Posted by inno.SAN-ICN View Post
I don't have dietary restrictions, but I prefer to pre-order special food just because the quality of regular selection on DL flights very often is terrible.
So far Asian vegetarian was IMO the best I tried on DL flights recently.
I can compare it with regular, Dairy Vegetarian, and Non-diary Vegetarian (both were better than regular, but so-so in general all the times).
I do the same thing and have only ordered the Asian vegetarian, but found them all just fine and per above better than what is the usual on offer. Special meals are often served earlier, I have noticed.
Old Apr 23, 11, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I heard that Delta kills a kitten for each Vegan meal they serve to Omnivores....
Old Apr 23, 11, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I must add that I am against this policy!
Old Apr 23, 11, 1:43 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by BOSFish View Post
Hi,

I'm flying BOS-LHR r/t in early May and need a special meal. Has anyone had a recent experience with the asian vegetarian or non-dairy vegetarian meals on Delta? What did they serve? Was it any good?

Thank you
If you are flying Trans-Atlantic and ask for Asian Veg, they will give you the same Pasta meal labeled as AVML after removing the brownies. Instead of a roll from the basket, you will get a bread roll in a plastic wrapper (unsure of the make date or expiry date). If you ask for a non-dairy veg meal, then you get rice with some Indian curry as well as some spinach. So so...

If you are flying domestic first class, they give you a horrible soggy panini ice cold with grilled green and red peppers in it.

On the TATL return leg you will get Tomato and Cheese Pizza and Ice Cream. If you ordered for Asian Veggie or non-dairy then they take away the Pizza and Ice Cream and give you a really lame sandwich all mushed up in a shrink wrap.

I stick to normal meals these days, at least you can have the brownies and salad on the outbound and pizza and ice cream on the inbound.

For heavens' sake never order special meal on ATL-JNB route, you will regret it for the entire 16-17 hrs. The same inedible goggle-goo stuff will be served twice and since they run out of all fluids (water, soda, juice etc) within 8 hrs of the flight you will have a tough time keeping it down.

Note: I just re-read the OP, asking for BE and not Y class cabin. Maybe BE is better than Y, but my experiences were with Y.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: