Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Challenges to Silver, Gold or Platinum Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Challenges to Silver, Gold or Platinum Status

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
I was able to register as a GM. Only thing I'm worried about is my rollover miles.

I was planning on stopping just short of 75K and rolling over to insure GM for 2013.

Is there any way I can UN-register?
Very nice trick to reduce rollover, DL!

May be, if you would call CS... My friend once had a problem with different AmEx transfer offers and he managed to cancel (unregister) one that was less favorable.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by yohanson
"Fly just three paid round-trip domestic flights or two paid round-trip international flights, and we’ll grant you Platinum Medallion status. As an exclusive offer, this is just a small percentage of the standard Medallion Qualification Segments you would need to reach Platinum Medallion status."

Now this is total BS!!! I have to compete for upgrades now with someone who qualifies this way?!?!? I have 4 round trip flights booked for next month with 2 more likely as well as another for the 2nd week in July. So much for loyalty to their best customers.
I think these offers only went out to those that already qualified for the previous status for 2012, and not just to any Joe Schmoe. That being said, if you're flying just for the challenge, then you probably don't fly much anyway. If you fly a lot, then it's just an early upgrade from Gold to Plat. While it will mean more elites at your level, it may not mean that you're competing with more individuals.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:44 pm

Received the same offer for Platinum.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
But if you do this...and then hit 75k MQMs...(basically getting Plat benes early) you get your rollover as normal, correct?
Old May 25, 2011, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
Big
Indeed. I have 40K more miles to be flown until I requalify, but now someone can do it in as little as 3000. I can't wait to be fighting these people for upgrades.

I wonder how long until they make a fast track to Diamond?

Originally Posted by jgottlieb
But if you do this...and then hit 75k MQMs...(basically getting Plat benes early) you get your rollover as normal, correct?
It should be that way, yes.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by fti
Actually, if they fly that little, they won't be competing with you for UG's at all.
They will be if they fly MSP-STL on Monday (next Tuesday also) or Friday in the next couple of months especially with a number of those flights having zero V inventory.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:48 pm

Did anyone have less than 50K MQM's YTD who was targeted for this but has Gold Medallion status currently
Old May 25, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
I just got this Platinum offer as well. I should be reaching Platinum on my own this year anyways, so not sure if I should register or not. Here's the link in case you don't want to scroll back to page 1, Lol.

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/earl...FASTTSTT-B-A-A
Old May 25, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
I think these offers only went out to those that already qualified for the previous status for 2012, and not just to any Joe Schmoe. That being said, if you're flying just for the challenge, then you probably don't fly much anyway. If you fly a lot, then it's just an early upgrade from Gold to Plat. While it will mean more elites at your level, it may not mean that you're competing with more individuals.
Why wouldn't it mean I'm not competing with more individuals? If they artificially boost the number of Plats, I'm definitely competing with more individuals.

Originally Posted by boi
I think for me the no-rollover provision is a problem. I am Gold now and already have plans to fly enough to qualify for the Platinum challenge, and yet I'm thinking I will decline. Why? Because on the routes I usually fly I get upgrades about 80-90% of the time with Gold, and if I take the Platinum challenge I might lose 10 to 15 thousand in rollover miles that might make it harder to reach Gold next year (I usually make Gold with not too much to spare). So for me I'm thinking Gold Gold is better than Platinum and then possibly Silver. Am I missing anything important?
+1....I might just roll the dice and shoot for 60 segments next year.

Programs: DL DM
This blows, I wish I got this promo. I have at least 2 international flights coming up in the next 3 month.
How the hell do I get this?
Old May 25, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
Well, this just really chaps my cheeks and may prompt a call/letter to DL's customer service. I will renew my GM status on the trips I have booked through June. Now, of course, the offer will probably be gone by the time I make it there. Based on my projections, I will hit PM in August or September, but will be competing against those targeted in this promotion for upgrades until that time. This STINKS!
Old May 25, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Got it, too. I've got enough travel booked to make PM, so no harm in signing up. Here's my question: The T&C do not say anywhere that you have to fly DL metal on these trips. Thus, would an AF LHR-CDG-PRG//BUD-CDG-LHR count as an international r/t? If so, that'd be nice, as it will boost me to PM a bit before I get there on miles. (It'd be even better if the AZ trip I'm in the middle of, which hasn't yet posted, would wind up counting along with next week's DL trip to SEA.)
Old May 25, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta
I had GM for 2011 earned by some international flying in 2010 and the plat delta amex.

i have 45K MQM for 2011 so far (25K of which came form Amex Plat transfer bonus)

i got the targeted email and signed up

was probably going to end 2011 with 73,000 mqm based on planned travel for the year - but now i will not be able to qualify for any roll-over due to this promotion

i agree that this is wiping away the whole point of a loyalty program and feel bad for those who travel often

silver is meaningless now
gold will only occassionally get you an UG in 2012
PM and DM will be the only ones who will be getting UG - especially on popular routes/times etc...

really curious what delta is thinking is on all this
Old May 25, 2011, 1:58 pm
xad

I am a silver and registered for this offer, I have a international trip tomorrow .. hopefully will get Gold right after the trip is complete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.