Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any tool to automatically notify me when LOW miles award becomes available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:05 am
kjh
Original Poster

I am frustrated by the seeming lack of LOW miles awards on DL (in my case to/from HNL) and so I "bit the bullet" and reserved a MEDIUM level award. At this point (according to the seat map which I know is not the most reliable way) I have the only seats in FC (trip is in 2012).

Anyway, other than checking everyday, is there a tool that any one knows of that will do the checking for me and notify me when a LOW miles award is released? Then I might have a chance to "switch" to the LOW miles award from my current MEDIUM miles award.

Also if anyone has insight about when LOW miles award are generally released (e.g.: days, weeks, months before flight date) that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

ps ... I did do a search on this topic and did not find much relevant in 10 pages of topics returned

Last edited by kjh; Apr 9, 2011 at 9:09 am Reason: added search results comment
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:44 am

I actually just heard about this on CNN..

FlyByMiles.com

Hasn't launched yet, but the creator has promised a bunch of things related to your question
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:11 am
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
I saw it too.
They claim;
"We can have you reserving your miles seat in 60 seconds: We show you your miles flight options on a map, help you compare how much the trip costs in miles vs. cash, and then take you right to booking."

If it delivers it will be awesome.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Did they say what the revenue model will be? Will it be subscription driven or advertisement driven?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 4:22 pm

Expertflyer alerts works for award segments, from what I hear. Not sure about Delta though. I am not a subscriber... (yet?)
Old Apr 17, 2011, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Delta award inventory isn't supported by ExpertFlyer - but several partner airlines are.

http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I heard there is a woman who lives in a shack by the fifth runway in ATL. She gives readings once a week where those assembled are channeled towards low tier awards to various places. It is only a vague rumor, but I also heard she once even did Asia.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Justin026
I heard there is a woman who lives in a shack by the fifth runway in ATL. She gives readings once a week where those assembled are channeled towards low tier awards to various places. It is only a vague rumor, but I also heard she once even did Asia.
Anyone up for a DO?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:49 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

The Delta SkyMiles forum moderators do not want to discourage a “conga line”, but it is not on-topic for the Delta SkyMiles forum.

Please continue the flybymiles.com “conga line” here...

flybymiles.com “Conga” Master Thread

...and let us continue with the topic of this discussion, which is if there are any other tools to automatically notify one when LOW SkyMiles awards becomes available.

Thank you in advance for your understanding, and good luck to all!

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta SkyMiles forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.