Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Satellite TV Channels Onboard This Month

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Satellite TV Channels Onboard This Month

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Hooray for MSNBC! Now I can keep up with my jail and prison news!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Where's the Weather Channel?
Where's the Travel Channel?

As other posters have said, let's have a little variety. Do we need CNN, MSNBS and Fox news?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I like it, though I will miss Food Network.
+1
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I'll miss Bravo
and +1
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Originally Posted by mersk862
Sad to see ESPN2 go, but glad Fox, CBS and ABC are all coming on - great coverage of pretty much every sports league now.
Where do you see ABC?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
News stations are good channels to have if there is nothing to see you can usually watch one of those. I think from a "satisfying customers" standpoint, more people will be pleased have CNN & Fox News vs. the Food Network.

I suppose MSNBC is on there in case one of the 3 people who watch it takes a DL flight.

Plus, if you took CNN off, how would Piers Morgan watch himself?? Oh that's right, he doesn't fly DL anymore....
If they cut MSNBC and effectively replaced it with Fox News, that would be completely ridiculous. MSNBC at least somewhat provides a counterbalance to the Fox News right-wing machine.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Hello I am Chris Hansen.

ps/ where is the food channel ?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
The new lineup resembles what you might find in a hotel. They have broadcast networks, news channels, kids channels, and a couple of general interest channels. They've largely eliminated the specialty networks. I'm a bit disappointed as these channels were more likely to have entertaining programs on at any time of the day.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:48 am
Suspended

Smile TV on DL

Originally Posted by jpmardini
According to Sky Magazine, DL is updating the satellite TV channels this month. I remember seeing a post about this late last year, so I didn't know if anyone had posted the latest news about it.

Here's the new lineup, according to Sky Magazine:

1- NBC
2- CNBC
3- CNN
4- Comedy Central
5- Discovery
6- Nick
7- Cartoon Network
8- Univision
9- FoxNews
10- FX
11- Fox
12- CBS
13- TBS
14- TNT
15- ESPN
16- AMC
17- HLN
18- MSNBC
I'm OK with the new lineup. Fox is Commie, but everyone makes his own decisions on these matters.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
No E! Network!!!!! My favorite onboard entertainment is gone.

No, I never watch the channel, but I've always enjoyed looking up the aisle and seeing all the people who were watching the Kardashians. My smug comfort in knowing that no matter my personal troubles, others are worse off than me, will be gone. (Under the rational that nothing could mean you've hit rock bottom more than watching the Kardashians.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.