FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   PHL International Flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1202997-phl-international-flights.html)

puchalskir Apr 7, 2011 7:03 am

PHL International Flights

I have a flight on Delta to Paris this evening leaving from PHL.

Do the flights from PHL-CDG both arrive and depart at Terminal A?
Do I have to check in at terminal E?
On the return to PHL, will bags be in terminal A or E?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm trying to figure out the best place to park.

Thanks.

BobH Apr 7, 2011 7:38 am

Originally Posted by puchalskir (Post 16175868)
I have a flight on Delta to Paris this evening leaving from PHL.

Do the flights from PHL-CDG both arrive and depart at Terminal A?
Do I have to check in at terminal E?
On the return to PHL, will bags be in terminal A or E?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm trying to figure out the best place to park.

Thanks.

Have you checked flight status at Delta.dumb

Bob H

KenfromDE Apr 7, 2011 7:42 am

Flight Status shows A6 for departure and arrival.

puchalskir Apr 7, 2011 7:55 am

It shows:

Philadelphia (PHL)
Terminal E
Gate A6

Hence, the confusion. I'm assuming this means check in at E, but flight departs at A. Not sure where the bags go or if Delta has a checkin counter at A for international flights.

MFMeow Apr 7, 2011 10:06 am

Originally Posted by puchalskir (Post 16176128)
It shows:

Philadelphia (PHL)
Terminal E
Gate A6

Hence, the confusion. I'm assuming this means check in at E, but flight departs at A. Not sure where the bags go or if Delta has a checkin counter at A for international flights.

Wow, that's about as inefficient as it gets. E to A is a haul.

natas43 Apr 7, 2011 10:09 am

Sometimes it's out of D, sometimes out of A. IIRC, you still need to checkin at the Delta counters at E no matter where the departure gate is.

puchalskir Apr 7, 2011 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by natas43 (Post 16176950)
Sometimes it's out of D, sometimes out of A. IIRC, you still need to checkin at the Delta counters at E no matter where the departure gate is.

Thanks. I'll park at A and schlep over to E to checkin. I'll assume the CDG-PHL will come back to A.

BobH Apr 7, 2011 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by puchalskir (Post 16177857)
Thanks. I'll park at A and schlep over to E to checkin. I'll assume the CDG-PHL will come back to A.

I'd do it the other way around -- go to E first, then go to A inside security.

There's no easy way to do it outside the security zone, unless you take a cab or the train.

Bob H

bitburgr Apr 7, 2011 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by puchalskir (Post 16176128)
I'm assuming this means check in at E, but flight departs at A. Not sure where the bags go or if Delta has a checkin counter at A for international flights.

Interesting question as up until recently (?), this flight was operated by AF. Would be great to hear back on your experience.

Regarding your return flight, I'm taking a reasonably educated guess that you'll pull into terminal A since customs and immigration are all in A and I'm not aware of any way to get passengers there (unless they offloaded everything to a shuttle and drove you over)

onic Apr 8, 2011 7:14 pm

The inbound from CDG will always arrive in Terminal A. If they move the plane to D or E for the outbound segment that is possible.

In terms of parking it would be best to park in A, as you will clear customs and end up outside of security in A.

KenfromDE Apr 9, 2011 10:22 am

Sitting at the FREE computer in the NEW PHL Delta lounge. Just checked with a red coat and for CDG one must check in at E and walk to A. It is only temporary. Made my one (or maybe my first) drink a BIG one.

Edit: Uh! Oh! Just looked at departure board and CDG departs from D16 today.

onic Apr 9, 2011 11:36 am

DL is slowly taking over PHL, ticketing is in E, gates in A & D.

puchalskir Apr 12, 2011 10:27 am

I ended up dropping my parents at E, then doing the immediate right turn after the terminal and drove to parking lot A. That road is pretty funny if you've never done it.

I got a great spot right outside of arrivals hall and walked to Terminal E. I asked someone in A if there was an easier way. He told me to hop on the employee bus which runs every four minutes. I walked it anyway for fun.

It took me about 15 minutes to walk there since you have to go up and over the train tracks.

You check-in at E and go through security in D. Then it's a long walk over to A. No easy way to get there, although you can stop for a glass of wine at Vino Volo if you get tired.:D

At least on the return it was easy.

BobH Apr 12, 2011 10:37 am

Originally Posted by puchalskir (Post 16205015)

You check-in at E and go through security in D. Then it's a long walk over to A. No easy way to get there, although you can stop for a glass of wine at Vino Volo if you get tired.:D

Say what ?

Yes it's a distance, but there' a series of moving sidewalks, particularly as any SR member knows near the B-C concourses and the entrance to the US Air Club.

Bob H.

puchalskir Apr 13, 2011 8:24 am

Originally Posted by BobH (Post 16205079)
Say what ?

Yes it's a distance, but there' a series of moving sidewalks, particularly as any SR member knows near the B-C concourses and the entrance to the US Air Club.

Bob H.

Say what? You are saying that because there are two short moving sidewalks that this is an easy trek? BTW, one of the A moving sidewalks wasn't working. Try taking your 70 year old parents and get back to me.