Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You Guys Say It Never Happens

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Exactly. The OP was not qualified for an upgrade just because he bought a full fare ticket. He was hoping someone would be nice and do exactly what he is accusing the red coat of doing, sliding him upfront because of his "status". Non-revs qualify for upgrades if seats are available. Had the OP used an SWU most likely he would have been upgraded. Seems once a month he posts a thread like this.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by zsmith2
So why did the OP post?
I will take the mandatory warning from FF Talk.

Because he is a troll.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Seems once a month he posts a thread like this.
OP also posted on the hotel board today complaining about no room upgrade, and the fact that he booked the room for one, showed up with two, and got charged extra.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
OT

Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
I think i'm leaning towards the OP being a liar, at least on his upgrade SHENA claim.

For the record, I too know the truth.
I have always wanted to have one of these situations where I WAS THERE.

Alas, I only fly dull flights.

Gad your friends were correctly seated in BE.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Exactly. The OP was not qualified for an upgrade just because he bought a full fare ticket. He was hoping someone would be nice and do exactly what he is accusing the red coat of doing, sliding him upfront because of his "status". Non-revs qualify for upgrades if seats are available. Had the OP used an SWU most likely he would have been upgraded. Seems once a month he posts a thread like this.
Well, I presume that since he was DM, he had plenty of SWU's. I'm guessing he was counting on "day of" upgrade if space was available. Notwithstanding his other posts, it's not an implausible scenario.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Smyrnaflyer
Well, I presume that since he was DM, he had plenty of SWU's. I'm guessing he was counting on "day of" upgrade if space was available. Notwithstanding his other posts, it's not an implausible scenario.
Sorry not in this situation.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Regardless of whether or not the OP is being disingenuous, this topic brings up the issue of SWU/miles upgrade waitlists on Int'l flights.

Are you off the upgrade waitlist upon boarding, as is the case with complimentary medallion upgrades, or should you expect to be upgraded after boarding if it turns out that a seat later becomes available?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: Skyteam
There is no official complimentary upgrade on TPAC or TATL. Upgrades are only available using SWU on YBM and using skymiles. I've been on both ways over water and been left in Y while BE was wide open. I want $100 too!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
The new comfort economy will be good for these situations -- paying a huge fare with no upgrade. Perhaps a few of the seats could have DYKWIA stitched on the doilies.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Fully agree with most posts here. Since DL does not have any UG policy regarding TATL/TPAC, no one should feel entitled to an UG EVEN if DL agents upgrade someone else regardless if that is right or not.

TPAC/TATL upgrades come from buying a J ticket, buying M or above and using an SWU, or getting really lucky on an op-up. Now, I suppose if a TA/redcoat gave an opup to a SM on cheap fare over a DM on Y fare that would be something different.

Now, upgrading nonrevs over elites on domestic Y is another story as DL's policy state that elites should get UG's on a space available basis.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I'm not sure why everyone is automatically assuming the OP is being disingenuous.

When he said he was on an "upgradeable" ticket I took that to mean YBM... and when he said he was in line for an upgrade I took that to mean he was waitlisted to use a PMU or miles.

If it were me, and both of the above were true, I'd be pretty unhappy too.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
I'm not sure why everyone is automatically assuming the OP is being disingenuous.

When he said he was on an "upgradeable" ticket I took that to mean YBM... and when he said he was in line for an upgrade I took that to mean he was waitlisted to use a PMU or miles.

If it were me, and both of the above were true, I'd be pretty unhappy too.
Yeah unfortunatly none of it is true though.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Yeah unfortunatly none of it is true though.
And ill second that.....unfortunately the OP likes to try and stir stuff up. Until I (as a PM) can get upgraded on a sLUT fare to Asia the OP won't be able to either.....

I just don't get why people like to post lies on FT about status, shenanigans, upgrades, fares paid, and misinformation. I enjoy the FT community but it is posts like this (the OPs) that are turning me into more of a once in a while lurker than a contributor
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
As far as status, OP is at least a PM. His posts in the Amex forum have all but confirmed he has a Cent, which now is PM.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AMEX Centurion (And All That Goes With It)
I bought a full fare ticket on March 31st the day before the flight. Fully refundable economy. The only reason it wasn't upgraded at purchase, as I was told by Delta, is that all 45 BE seats were taken. They said to check with the gate agent, and if someone misses their connection, I would be upgraded because of the fare. The gate agent told me that my travel companion and I were on the top of the list. The red coat at the gate instead chose to upgrade family friends of hers in lieu of me.

As for people taking jabs at me, when I was called a liar it went all the way to Flyertalk's corporate parent as I was blocked. I was not posting false information. As has since been proven, someone on here, using information obtained from a friend of their's at Delta, who breached my privacy, posted erroneous information about me that a moderator took at face value and blocked me.

Last edited by andrewpartyman; Apr 3, 2011 at 12:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.