Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The elusive 777-200LR DOMESTIC legs....

Old Mar 29, 11, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, National Exec Elite

I know last year they used to fly ATL-LAX and return as part of the ATL-LAX-SYD trip. I had heard that now it can be found on rare flights from DTW-ATL.

Anyone know if it is running between ATL-LAX or any other domestic legs at all for the summer schedule? It would be worth finding and burning a certificate to lock in up front on that bird
Old Mar 29, 11, 7:00 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
The 777LR currently flies DTW-LAX on Sun,Mon,Thu,Fri. It will be moving to ATL-LAX in the summer (same days). Will also run LAX-ATL (also same days).
Old Mar 29, 11, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
I flew MSP to ATL on Sunday and scored the 330 with international config.
Old Mar 29, 11, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
The 777LR currently flies DTW-LAX on Sun,Mon,Thu,Fri. It will be moving to ATL-LAX in the summer (same days). Will also run LAX-ATL (also same days).
On those days it actually runs ATL-DTW first then continues DTW-LAX.

The 767-400 with lie flats occasionally pop up on JFK-ATL also.
Old Mar 29, 11, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG PLAT
Just flew it on mar 5 lax-atl. Got the upgrade to F as well. What a treat.
Old Mar 29, 11, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I did the DTW LAX a lot at the end of last year and a couple of times this year. Overall it is nice, but getting bags at LAX can take a while.
Old Mar 29, 11, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat Amb , Marriott LTP
Scored an UG for me and my wife on a DTW-LAX leg of a GRB-DTW-LAX-LAS trip last year. AWESOME UG!!!!! The 777-200LR aircraft with the lie flat seats are amazing. I just wished I could have stayed on to SYD vs heading to LAS.
Old Mar 29, 11, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
It flew DTW-LAX last Tuesday the 22nd.

It is also flying LAX-ATL tomorrow, apparently an equipment substitute for the scheduled 77E. (I'm on that flight. I just looked at my seat assignment and it was what happened to my selected seat until I realized I was looking at the 77L seat map.) (For all of the many complaints about Delta changing seat assignments, I have only had my assigned seat changed when equipment has changed.)

The A330 flies ATL-LAX-ATL just about daily. It's a fine aircraft, and I like it just about as well as the 77L.

David
Old Mar 29, 11, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.1MM, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
There is nothing elusive about the 77L domestically, I do not understand this thread title. As was mentioned, it regularly flys DTW-LAX, LAX-ATL, ATL-LAX, and ATL-DTW.

The A330 flys ATL-LAX-ATL regularly as well.
Other widebodys frequent ATL-JFK-ATL.
Old Mar 31, 11, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post
It is also flying LAX-ATL tomorrow, apparently an equipment substitute for the scheduled 77E. (I'm on that flight. I just looked at my seat assignment and it was what happened to my selected seat until I realized I was looking at the 77L seat map.) (For all of the many complaints about Delta changing seat assignments, I have only had my assigned seat changed when equipment has changed.)
I stand corrected.

Yesterday's (3/30) 777 LAX-ATL was the scheduled 77E, but it had the new interior. This was its second revenue flight. I don't know when the 77E interior upgrades will be complete, but there is at least one upgraded 77E out there now.

David
Old Mar 31, 11, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by DLATL777 View Post
There is nothing elusive about the 77L domestically, I do not understand this thread title. As was mentioned, it regularly flys DTW-LAX, LAX-ATL, ATL-LAX, and ATL-DTW.

The A330 flys ATL-LAX-ATL regularly as well.
Other widebodys frequent ATL-JFK-ATL.
Is there somewhere to find all the routes for the 77L (domestic and international) as well as routes for other planes with flat-beds for 2011 and into 2012? I notice the DL website lists a few destinations, but it appears that there are more that those available on DL. For instance, DL does not list the LAX flights.

Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 11, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE View Post
Scored an UG for me and my wife on a DTW-LAX leg of a GRB-DTW-LAX-LAS trip last year. AWESOME UG!!!!! The 777-200LR aircraft with the lie flat seats are amazing. I just wished I could have stayed on to SYD vs heading to LAS.
I just I could say the same. I flew DXB-ATL in BusinessElite a few months ago and it was the most uncomfortable long-haul flight I have had due to the seats.
Old Mar 31, 11, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
Originally Posted by Medeski View Post
I flew MSP to ATL on Sunday and scored the 330 with international config.
The A330 only has an international config It's an international plane subbing on some domestic routes. That means no WiFi.

-RM

Search this Thread
Search Engine: