FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The elusive 777-200LR DOMESTIC legs.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1199868-elusive-777-200lr-domestic-legs.html)

ky_soldier Mar 29, 2011 6:49 pm

The elusive 777-200LR DOMESTIC legs....

I know last year they used to fly ATL-LAX and return as part of the ATL-LAX-SYD trip. I had heard that now it can be found on rare flights from DTW-ATL.

Anyone know if it is running between ATL-LAX or any other domestic legs at all for the summer schedule? It would be worth finding and burning a certificate to lock in up front on that bird :cool:

xliioper Mar 29, 2011 7:00 pm

The 777LR currently flies DTW-LAX on Sun,Mon,Thu,Fri. It will be moving to ATL-LAX in the summer (same days). Will also run LAX-ATL (also same days).

Medeski Mar 29, 2011 7:16 pm

I flew MSP to ATL on Sunday and scored the 330 with international config.

acf1270 Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 16125199)
The 777LR currently flies DTW-LAX on Sun,Mon,Thu,Fri. It will be moving to ATL-LAX in the summer (same days). Will also run LAX-ATL (also same days).

On those days it actually runs ATL-DTW first then continues DTW-LAX.

The 767-400 with lie flats occasionally pop up on JFK-ATL also.

DLLOVEHATE Mar 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Just flew it on mar 5 lax-atl. Got the upgrade to F as well. What a treat.

troyintn Mar 29, 2011 8:54 pm

I did the DTW LAX a lot at the end of last year and a couple of times this year. Overall it is nice, but getting bags at LAX can take a while.

NWAsilvELITE Mar 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Scored an UG for me and my wife on a DTW-LAX leg of a GRB-DTW-LAX-LAS trip last year. AWESOME UG!!!!! The 777-200LR aircraft with the lie flat seats are amazing. I just wished I could have stayed on to SYD vs heading to LAS.

DiverDave Mar 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 16125199)

It flew DTW-LAX last Tuesday the 22nd.

It is also flying LAX-ATL tomorrow, apparently an equipment substitute for the scheduled 77E. (I'm on that flight. I just looked at my seat assignment and it was what happened :eek: to my selected seat until I realized I was looking at the 77L seat map.) (For all of the many complaints about Delta changing seat assignments, I have only had my assigned seat changed when equipment has changed.)

The A330 flies ATL-LAX-ATL just about daily. It's a fine aircraft, and I like it just about as well as the 77L. :cool:

David

DLATL777 Mar 29, 2011 10:22 pm

There is nothing elusive about the 77L domestically, I do not understand this thread title. As was mentioned, it regularly flys DTW-LAX, LAX-ATL, ATL-LAX, and ATL-DTW.

The A330 flys ATL-LAX-ATL regularly as well.
Other widebodys frequent ATL-JFK-ATL.

DiverDave Mar 31, 2011 10:52 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 16125849)
It is also flying LAX-ATL tomorrow, apparently an equipment substitute for the scheduled 77E. (I'm on that flight. I just looked at my seat assignment and it was what happened :eek: to my selected seat until I realized I was looking at the 77L seat map.) (For all of the many complaints about Delta changing seat assignments, I have only had my assigned seat changed when equipment has changed.)

I stand corrected.

Yesterday's (3/30) 777 LAX-ATL was the scheduled 77E, but it had the new interior. This was its second revenue flight. I don't know when the 77E interior upgrades will be complete, but there is at least one upgraded 77E out there now. :cool:

David

FederalFlyer Mar 31, 2011 11:07 am

Originally Posted by DLATL777 (Post 16126091)
There is nothing elusive about the 77L domestically, I do not understand this thread title. As was mentioned, it regularly flys DTW-LAX, LAX-ATL, ATL-LAX, and ATL-DTW.

The A330 flys ATL-LAX-ATL regularly as well.
Other widebodys frequent ATL-JFK-ATL.

Is there somewhere to find all the routes for the 77L (domestic and international) as well as routes for other planes with flat-beds for 2011 and into 2012? I notice the DL website lists a few destinations, but it appears that there are more that those available on DL. For instance, DL does not list the LAX flights.

Thanks.

fly747first Mar 31, 2011 11:10 am

Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE (Post 16125806)
Scored an UG for me and my wife on a DTW-LAX leg of a GRB-DTW-LAX-LAS trip last year. AWESOME UG!!!!! The 777-200LR aircraft with the lie flat seats are amazing. I just wished I could have stayed on to SYD vs heading to LAS.

I just I could say the same. I flew DXB-ATL in BusinessElite a few months ago and it was the most uncomfortable long-haul flight I have had due to the seats.

RobOnLI Mar 31, 2011 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Medeski (Post 16125285)
I flew MSP to ATL on Sunday and scored the 330 with international config.

The A330 only has an international config :) It's an international plane subbing on some domestic routes. That means no WiFi.

-RM