Wiki Posts
Search

Yotel LHR experience?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Yotel LHR experience?

So this Saturday im flying BOS-LHR, arrive Sunday at 6:30 AM, but my connection isnt till around 1:30. I was thinking of renting one of these rooms to shower, recharge, rest, and eat before my flight. Has anyone on here used them before? How are they?

PS sorry if this was wrong area to post this but couldnt really find another forum for it! thx!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:14 pm

Used this a few months ago - they arent bad...albeit they are small. It's a nice escape from the rest of the airport (it isnt airside, so you'd have to go through customs, get your bags, and then head up there). It's clean and efficient, so nothing really bad to say about it.

I used it as part of the DM benefits, so I only got an hour..so I cant say it was particularly great, however if you are thinking of purchasing a four hour block, I imagine that would be worth it for a good quality nap and a shower.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: Some
Are you in BE, by chance? You can use Yotel as the Arrivals Lounge for free; however, I am not sure how it works if you are connecting - DL.com states "for arriving flights only."

You would also be able to access this by virtue of Skyteam Elite+. I think they give you 3 hours or so free. There are other threads on this, I think.

Edit: 2 hours seems to be what is given, at least according to this thread: Delta to use LHR Yotel as arrivals lounge

Last edited by mudbug31; Mar 23, 2011 at 10:21 pm Reason: correct info
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mudbug31
Are you in BE, by chance? You can use Yotel as the Arrivals Lounge for free; however, I am not sure how it works if you are connecting - DL.com states "for arriving flights only."

You would also be able to access this by virtue of Skyteam Elite+. I think they give you 3 hours or so free. There are other threads on this, I think.
not in BE (barring a op-up, like i got last time!) did not know about the E+ 3 hours, how does one reserve using that? I searched around and only really found posts talking about its availably and nothing really helpful on reviews....
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:22 pm

I just updated my last post with the DL/Yotel thread - you should get two hours, at least according to that info! I assume you took advantage of the BOS-LHR sale? Mrs. Mudbug and I are going in August.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

I just updated my last post with the DL/Yotel thread - you should get two hours, at least according to that info! I assume you took advantage of the BOS-LHR sale? Mrs. Mudbug and I are going in August.
Hey can u post the link to that review? i cant find easily with search. And yes I did, sorta, coming from MSP, connecting via BOS, still damn cheap compared to what i paid for our trip there in Jan.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Hey can u post the link to that review? i cant find easily with search. And yes I did, sorta, coming from MSP, connecting via BOS, still damn cheap compared to what i paid for our trip there in Jan.
Here you go: Delta to use LHR Yotel as arrivals lounge

It looks like they changed the time from 2 hours to 1 for free after reading the thread, which is a bummer.

How long is your connection? The Skyteam Lounge in T4 (close to gate 10) also has showers to use.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I land 6:30 AM, depart 1:30PM, so 7 hours, figure a hour to get through customs and get bags, leave the Yotel a hour before flight, so was thinking of getting it for 5 hours. I'm more interested in the use of a bed, unless im in BE i never sleep well on long flights, so id like to just curl up for a couple hours and doze off in addition to a quick shower.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Thanks! I land 6:30 AM, depart 1:30PM, so 7 hours, figure a hour to get through customs and get bags, leave the Yotel a hour before flight, so was thinking of getting it for 5 hours. I'm more interested in the use of a bed, unless im in BE i never sleep well on long flights, so id like to just curl up for a couple hours and doze off in addition to a quick shower.
You may want to go with the 4hr reservation - it is about 30 GBP. The cabins are small but cozy - good linens, TV, okay bed. I haven't stayed at the one at LHR but I have been to the one at AMS Schipol and found it to be decent for a night.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
My last visit to the Yotel was about a month ago - they now only provide 1 hour free.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Hey, what's the BOS-LHR sale?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by monsrt
This:

B/E Boston London

and -

Pretty sweet BE fares
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by monsrt
Actually, it turns out that Massport has decided it needs to raise some funds, and therefore is selling Logan International Airport to BAA to increase the capacity at Heathrow Airport (and hopefully improve its efficacy in snow situations). To do this, they will be loading bits and bobs of BOS onto flights to LHR in the coming months until the entire airport has been relocated 3265 miles to the northeast. (The last bits may have to be carried to other US airports by helicopters, as the runway will be too short for even a Cessna by the end of it all.)
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
I did almost exactly what you are talking about last week since I got in at 7:10am and wasn't meeting up with my friend till 1:30pm or so. Delta gives you 1 hour complimentary, but I went ahead and got the extra 4 hours. It was great. I got to take a nap and shower since my hotel said that I couldn't check in till after 1:00pm... They also have free wireless and you can bring in food or they will sell you food... It's really quiet and overall a +++ experience.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold
I used it from my B/E experience last November and I really liked it. It's not a fancy hotel, it's very Japanese in that sense, but it's enough for what you're trying to do. I recommend it, especially if you're alternative is to wander the halls of LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.