Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by kazfu
Can someone post a direct link to the Biz card? I was trying to apply for both and completed the personal one first. I had the biz application open in a different browser and was in the process of filling it out when my internet disconnected. Now when I go to the landing page, all I get is a thank you for applying but I don't have the option to pick the Biz. Help!

Thanks!
Do you have a working link or were otherwise targeted for the offer? If the former, you should be able to go back to the link and click on the "business" option. If the latter (you received a mailing) you should be able to call the number.

If you have the POID you should be in good shape just calling Amex. If you were really targeted, you can also just call Amex and ask what offers you're targeted for; it might come up.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
Do you have a working link or were otherwise targeted for the offer? If the former, you should be able to go back to the link and click on the "business" option. If the latter (you received a mailing) you should be able to call the number.

If you have the POID you should be in good shape just calling Amex. If you were really targeted, you can also just call Amex and ask what offers you're targeted for; it might come up.
I had a working link and was trying to apply for both cards. I got through the personal one ok and when I went to do the business one, my internet went out and it broke my connection. When I tried to go back to the working link, they are gone and all it says is "Thank you for applying". It doesn't give me the option to select either card now. I think if I had a direct link I could just complete it with no problem since I was targeted in the first place.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:38 am

How were you targeted? If you received a letter there should be a four-character "POID" code somewhere on the bottom or back of the mailer. With that code you should be able to call Amex directly.

N.B.: when I try to log in to www.deltaplatinumoffer.com , I get a message saying I already have a Delta Skymiles credit card (and presumably I'm ineligible for that reason). But I only have the platinum (personal and business), not the Gold card. In the past, it used to redirect me to the Gold card and now it doesn't even do that. I haven't looked closely at Amex's new policies, but look here http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...p-bonus-terms/ and see if it affects you. I always thought you could have plat & gold, but apparently I'm ineligible. Similarly, I thought you could have pers and biz, but maybe some policy change means you can't.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Current offer here is 15K after first purchase, 10K bonus at $25K and another 10K bonus at $50K. Plus MQMs on that same schedule (5,10,10).

Not a bad alternative if you wanna wait out the personal version until there's a better initial bonus on it.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:49 pm

40k bonus miles (15k MQM)
annual companion certificate
eligible for Miles Boost (up to 20k MQM for $50k spend)

offer ref #97360312
Exp April 28

The only way to top this I think would be to add a $50 or $100 statement credit. has anyone seen such an offer for the PLATINUM card?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: MR Plat/AA EXP/DL Silver/SPG Plat/HH Gold/Hyatt Plat/
Can you use the 15k mqm to qualify for the status challenge on delta? Or get towards it?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:10 pm

Maybe this can answer your question: "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account within the last 90 days. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card account within the last 90 days."

Originally Posted by crimson12

N.B.: when I try to log in to www.deltaplatinumoffer.com , I get a message saying I already have a Delta Skymiles credit card (and presumably I'm ineligible for that reason). But I only have the platinum (personal and business), not the Gold card. In the past, it used to redirect me to the Gold card and now it doesn't even do that. I haven't looked closely at Amex's new policies, but look here http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...p-bonus-terms/ and see if it affects you. I always thought you could have plat & gold, but apparently I'm ineligible. Similarly, I thought you could have pers and biz, but maybe some policy change means you can't.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by moonquake
Maybe this can answer your question: "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account within the last 90 days. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card account within the last 90 days."
I had a Gold card that I canceled in November, but the www.deltaplatinumoffer.com site still sends me a message saying I already have a Delta Skymiles card. Haven't held any, business or personal, since November.

I did, however, receive an offer in my recent Medallion packet for the platinum card with 25/5k first purchase, and 15/5k after 3k spend. Would be much nicer to get a 15k MQM bonus though.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi sorry if my question has already been answer but I would like to clarify again if I have just cancelled my Delta gold personal card few months ago and still holding a Delta gold business card, so I guess I won't be able to get the sign up bonus if I apply for the Delta platinum personal or the Delta platinum business card now, is that right?

Also wonder if anyone here was able to upgrade his/her Delta Gold card to a Delta platinum card while still getting sign-up bonus? I am looking to earn some MQM hence would like to get the Delta platinum card. Thanks for any help and comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.