Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:42 am

45K offer with Gold Delta AMEX

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/Q7LXM3W4.aspx

I used this link a few weeks ago to apply for a Delta Gold AMEX. I accepted the offer of 25K with first spend, another 25K after spending $1000 in 90 days. No MQM, annual fee waived the first year. 45K total.

I haven't had an AMEX for 10 years, so I'm a first time cardholder. When I called to confirm the deal they said I would only get 30K. After I explained the offer and gave them a code, they assured me I would get the promised 45K. Hope they honor the deal. I'm going to be very upset if they don't.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:20 am

Can anyone help me out with applying for the personal? I click on the link once I am into the offer and it says that page no longer exists. I actually got the offer in the mail and cannot find it for the code so is this going to mean I am SOL?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by scoobyalty
Can anyone help me out with applying for the personal? I click on the link once I am into the offer and it says that page no longer exists. I actually got the offer in the mail and cannot find it for the code so is this going to mean I am SOL?
Call and apply over the phone, see if you're eligible.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat
25k in spending MQM Boost

For those who have the card and hit the 25k in one year spending threshold ... did you get the 10k MQM bonus immediately or was that awarded at the end of the year?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I haven't hit the 25k spend, but I would assume it would be instantly. I applied for a new Plat SkyMiles AMEX and I got my bonus points for first spend within 3-4 days of making my first spend. I then got my bonus for the $750 min spend within a few days of spending $750. I DID NOT have to wait for the statement to close, and I got the bonus mid-statement as soon as I hit the min spend.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
WARNING! I got the card, did the spend and didn't get the miles as noted. I just called and SM'd to get them to honor it and they're "conducting an investigation that will last up to 2 weeks".

No idea what the outcome will be but at least the supervisor I talked to confirmed she was able to access the website.

What really chaps my buttocks on this that there is the ongoing offer from deltaamexcard.com which is effectively the same. Just give me that one then.

grrrr.
Were you ever able to get this resolved? I'm having the same problem, and keep getting the response that "their hands are tied".
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, UA 1P, HH Gold, HGVC
Does anyone still have the offer code for the 40k/15kMQM Platinum card?

Same predicament here, applied, approved, made the spend, and they posted 10,000 miles and 5,000 MQM's. I immediately wrote and they told me "Be patient, it takes 2-4 weeks to post." I knew it was crap but waited the 4 weeks. Sent another message and was told the offer wasn't linked to my account. Luckily I printed out the confirmation page with the T&C's clearly stating the 40k/15kMQM offer, but they're still asking for the offer code. Ridiculous.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:05 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by funnyman1515
The original landing page and/or the confirmation page should have the offer code mentioned somewhere. Please double check.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by funnyman1515

Same predicament here, applied, approved, made the spend, and they posted 10,000 miles and 5,000 MQM's. I immediately wrote and they told me "Be patient, it takes 2-4 weeks to post." I knew it was crap but waited the 4 weeks. Sent another message and was told the offer wasn't linked to my account. Luckily I printed out the confirmation page with the T&C's clearly stating the 40k/15kMQM offer, but they're still asking for the offer code. Ridiculous.
Hold on I am looking for it. I deleted that offer but here is another code without MQMs

T & Cs CCSG POID:V519:0001; OPEN POID V799:0001

Hope this helps
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by gv111
The original landing page and/or the confirmation page should have the offer code mentioned somewhere. Please double check.
Do you work at AMEX or something?

Seriously - CSRs always give me that line too, but I've screen-shot 100% of my offers, and I even had the app page up once when I called in, and there were no offer codes anywhere on the page.

ever.

I even sent in a screen shot via email (which doesn't exist by the way) to a CSR and they couldn't find the offer code either.

I believe offer codes on websites / confirmation pages are like unicorns...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, UA 1P, HH Gold, HGVC
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Hold on I am looking for it. I deleted that offer but here is another code without MQMs

T & Cs CCSG POID:V519:0001; OPEN POID V799:0001

Hope this helps
Thanks!

gv111 the offer has expired, so sadly the landing page isn't there anymore.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Can I use these MQM Miles for qualifying with Flying Blue?
I have 22,398 level miles & 12 segments, was about go on a MR for 3 segments when I saw this thread on the card, how quickly do they credit the a/c?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Originally Posted by funnyman1515:17435299

I called as soon as I got the card to tell them to put the promotion on my account because there's no promo code on the application. I keep calling to get the miles posted, and they keep telling me its under review. I even emailed them a link to the application page, which they confirmed getting. Hopefully i'll get them soon
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
So, I'm obviously late to this thread, but was this offer targeted when it came out or was it a publicly available offer?

I realize that the link is dead in the first post of this thread now, but just wondering if people were able to get this without being targeted?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
So, I'm obviously late to this thread, but was this offer targeted when it came out or was it a publicly available offer?

I realize that the link is dead in the first post of this thread now, but just wondering if people were able to get this without being targeted?
I think its still on, Im planning on Jan 1st sign up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.