Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Status on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
This kinda stuff annoys me because just not myself, but everyone on this site works hard (and has to put in a LOT of butt in seats miles ) to achieve whatever medallion level we get. For somebody to be running a scam like this annoys me greatly. (plus even though the people who buy this are suckers they are getting shafted too, though I dont feel bad for them because they are trying to cheat)

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I know. I was just picking a random USA carrier with which DL would do status matches/challenges and maybe trying to get one where DL would be eapecially eager to capture genuine elites. Airline FF programs rarely do matches/challenges from their partners (also TK has recently been an exception to this).
These types of scams make it harder for people who want to legit status match over to DL (or DL folks wanting to go over somewhere else)

Also this kinda crap is what makes programs like status matching go away because of too much fraud.

Originally Posted by schmoove
38 sold in total!
This person has made $9,500+ USD by doing this scam!!!!!

Its not even the only option.....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...tatus&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...tatus&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...tatus&_sacat=0

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 20, 2017 at 9:17 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:53 am

How to Process:

Send us your Delta Account number and Password. (fastest process, highly recommended)

Who would do that?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by Norri
How to Process:

Send us your Delta Account number and Password. (fastest process, highly recommended)

Who would do that?
38 people including 2 in the last 24 hours apparently.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I don't understand who is buying. Status is only valuable if you fly a lot and I'd think anyone that flies enough to care about status would be travel savy enough not to fall for this
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by kb9522
38 people including 2 in the last 24 hours apparently.
Perhaps I should have said who in their right mind would do that?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Norri
How to Process:

Who would do that?
If it's a brand new FF account without any miles, you might not mind giving your password to someone if you plan to change it later. They might be thinking that the worst case would be needing to get a new DL FF account.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Don't fall for the 38 people just bought gimic to get you to think you will be left out. Probably a phony number. Just like DL saying "Only 2 seats left at this price." And I then get four seats for that price.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: SPG, Rapid Rewards, HHonors.
Originally Posted by tvnwz
Don't fall for the 38 people just bought gimic to get you to think you will be left out. Probably a phony number. Just like DL saying "Only 2 seats left at this price." And I then get four seats for that price.
The ebay seller has been given feedback 235 times for selling various upgrades and statuses. It isn't that hard to believe that the number is legit.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by schmoove
The ebay seller has been given feedback 235 times for selling various upgrades and statuses. It isn't that hard to believe that the number is legit.
And look at the "people who viewed this item also viewed:"

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 5.04.36 PM.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  157.7 KB
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Reported to eBay and tweeted to DL. eBay needs to automatically flag any mention of the words "medallion" or "elite status" in the services category. This happens all too often.
You sure it's not delta trying to make a quick buck?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not only buying elite status but also buying fake IBM employee badges in order to use their good corporate hotel rates? Wow!

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 20, 2017 at 9:14 pm Reason: IBM, not IMB
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not only buying elite status but also buying fake IMB employee badges in order to use their good corporate hotel rates? Wow!
Sometimes now, they verify my employment because the hotel receives a list of people checking in. It's not perfect, but I'm for it.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:09 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Hey mods why was this merged???

I get merging recent threads but you merged my thread with one from 2011. Now all the stuff gets lost in some thread from over 6 years ago.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by fgirard
Sometimes now, they verify my employment because the hotel receives a list of people checking in. It's not perfect, but I'm for it.
This would only work if you're not allowed to use the corporate rate for personal travel. The rule depends on the employer and what have been negotiated with the hotel in the terms for the corporate rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.