Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Contact on FlyerTalk for Promotion Issues?

Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I remember there being a Delta representative on here, but I've been searching around and can't seem to find him/her. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've been trying to get credited miles from last years Double MQM Promotions from RDU/STL/PIT/BNA.

Basically half of the legs are counting and the others are not. When I called Delta they said the promotion expired so there's no way they can see the rules and qualifications.

One flight was not qualified because I was on KLM for one flight. I booked a RT from STL->DTW->LHR->ARN->AMS->DTW->STL. I did not receive mileage for ARN->AMS->DTW->STL although I have read (and called and confirmed) that going to different locations is okay as long as the flight began and terminated in the same location.

The other flight did not qualify because the stopover was not 24 hours? That wasn't even a stipulation and if that were the case my other flight should have not counted as well. I had a BNA->ATL->PDX (few days there) PDX->ATL(did not count)->BNA.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:56 pm

[email protected]
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Wow! Thanks for the lightning quick reply. E-mailing him now.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:14 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by donkeykang
Wow! Thanks for the lightning quick reply. E-mailing him now.
You will likely get as quick a reply from Kevin as he is a great asset to Delta.^
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:16 pm

Location: Minneapolis, MN - At least that's where I receive mail...
Programs: DL (DM), AA (EP), SPG (Ambassador), HHonors (Gold)
Just a note about using the email address: Kevin has helped many of us with SkyMiles promotion issues in the past and continues to be valuable resource. Please email him only after making an effort to get issues resolved through normal SkyMiles Support. Personally, I don't contact him unless I've exchanged more than 5-6 emails about a promotion, with no success.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by aaronhurd
Just a note about using the email address: Kevin has helped many of us with SkyMiles promotion issues in the past and continues to be valuable resource. Please email him only after making an effort to get issues resolved through normal SkyMiles Support. Personally, I don't contact him unless I've exchanged more than 5-6 emails about a promotion, with no success.
The fact that you have to exchange 5 or 6 e-mails without satisfaction is graphic example of how broken the system is...

... and why DL management needs to clone Kevin Pinto. ^^^
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:21 pm

Twitter has seems to be a good way of getting in contract with them as of late too.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
IIRC, there was a separate sign up for each city. You had to register for STL and BNA to get these. You also get no credit on KLM metal (but just those legs, it does not invalidate the ticket).

On the 24 hour stop-over, I think what is going on is that the automated DL system would pick up you trip based on whatever it thought it was, not just the prn number. This came up for some other poster and Keven did fix it.

A huge problem on this deal was that the terms were drawn up without thought, and were near meaningless, leading to mass confusion. Kevin did a GREAT job of both cleaning up the information, and errors in the DL implementation of it.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:11 am
Original Poster

I'm happy to report Kevin solved the issues and promptly as well!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 7:18 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
donkeykang, please keep Kevin in mind for a "Job Well Done" cert (or three!). I have heard that those can get tangible benefits for the recipient (not just a pat on the back). I would no longer be flying DL if someone had not fixed a couple of major issues, and he is the one who did so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.