Soup/Oatmeal at DTW skyclub???

Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Soup/Oatmeal at DTW skyclub???

In October or November of last year the main DTW SC started having oatmeal in the morning and soup later in the day (everytime I was there the soup was always apple squash but was very good, especially for SC catering).

I did a weekend trip last weekend and was in the skyclub from 5 to 6:30 friday and when I came back Sunday I went into the SC around 6 p.m. for a few minutes to get online to email something out. Both times there was no soup so I am assuming the SC is no longer offering soup and it was a trial thing.

I haven't had a morning flight on DL since November but have one coming up this weekend. Did the SC also eliminate oatmeal in the morning along with soup or do they still have it?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Oatmeal at SC

I visited the SC in Detroit Wedneday morning 3/2 and they were serving oatmeal with all the trimmings.

Last edited by Pr1ntman; Mar 3, 2011 at 9:14 am Reason: incorrect date
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Yes, it's still there.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I've also seen the soup in DTW and in BOS....definitely nice to have!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:25 am
Suspended

MEM Also

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
In October or November of last year the main DTW SC started having oatmeal in the morning and soup later in the day (everytime I was there the soup was always apple squash but was very good, especially for SC catering).

I did a weekend trip last weekend and was in the skyclub from 5 to 6:30 friday and when I came back Sunday I went into the SC around 6 p.m. for a few minutes to get online to email something out. Both times there was no soup so I am assuming the SC is no longer offering soup and it was a trial thing.

I haven't had a morning flight on DL since November but have one coming up this weekend. Did the SC also eliminate oatmeal in the morning along with soup or do they still have it?
Alserved at the very nice MEM SkyClub.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by rwoman
I've also seen the soup in DTW and in BOS....definitely nice to have!
I think both the soup and oatmeal are good. I always liked the soup when flying DTW/LGA because I would eat a late dinner in NYC and the soup around 5 was nice to hold me over. I wonder if they just werent serving it last weekend for some reason. Good to know it is still there.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I havent seen it anywhere except the aforementioned places MEM, MSP, DTW, and BOS.....this has been 3-4 months in the making. When will they decide whether to roll this out nationally or drop it? It's creating a bit of confusion among customers.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Soup and oatmeal have been in BOS for a while now. I really appreciate it... its nice to have a choice of something hot and the soup is especially tasty.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:10 am

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
how about Orlando?

Will we ever get oatmeal in the MCO SC? I just discovered it this morning at JFK and while it needed some doctoring to not be tasteless and pasty, it was a nice change.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
Ther was oatmeal in SLC Thursday.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I havent seen it anywhere except the aforementioned places MEM, MSP, DTW, and BOS.....this has been 3-4 months in the making. When will they decide whether to roll this out nationally or drop it? It's creating a bit of confusion among customers.
Oatmeal in DCA a few weeks ago. Can't comment on the soup since I've not been in the club after breakfast time for a while.
Oatmeal in PDX first Sunday in March, and I think the kettle got soup when they changed over, but wasn't paying very close attention.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
Oatmeal in DCA a few weeks ago.
Still there yesterday AM. Fantastic touch - and something you can make a solid breakfast out of.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The oatmeal was present and accounted for on Thursday AM in MIA.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
Yesterday there was Broccoli and Cheese soup in the DTW SkyClub - it was very good.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Oatmeal at the SC

Originally Posted by jamesteroh

Perhaps not on the weekends, but the nice oatmeal was there on April 9.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.