FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta.com dropping exit row reserved seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1188512-delta-com-dropping-exit-row-reserved-seats.html)

gypsycsc Feb 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Delta.com dropping exit row reserved seats

I checked three upcoming itineraries yesterday and found that my exit row seats on all three had been changed. I was able to reselect the exit row seats, but the system would not save those changes. When I called Delta, the agent told me they've been having problems with the system "dropping" exit row reserved seats and they're working on fixing it. She "locked in" my exit row seats, and as of today the reservations are still there. So, you might want to go online and check your itineraries if you've reserved exit row seats.

dd992emo Feb 26, 2011 2:48 pm

I've found that when I select those seats I have to select on a flight, then hit "Save Seats and Exit", then go back into the itinerary for the next flight. I have to do that for each flight. Works for me.

Denal1 Feb 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked mine and all my were gone too. Reselected and computer seems to have saved them but what a pain in the %$# to have to constantly check this.

Stripe Feb 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Just checked two upcoming itineraries, one of mine and one of daughter's. All seats on all flights are exit rows and none have been changed.

spidaman Feb 26, 2011 3:51 pm

My two itineraries are also intact for exit rows--including my non-medallion spouse.

Crackerpup Feb 26, 2011 3:57 pm

This has been discussed in previous posts. Search is your friend :D

Select your exit row.
Click save and exit
Go back to the res and repeat.
Continue until all seats are selected.

Problem seems to be with exit row seats only.

Denal1 Feb 26, 2011 4:19 pm

I know people have had problems in the past with selecting exit rows. However, the OP is right. One of my trips has been booked for over a week and I have checked it a few times. Seats were fine until today. I agree that many problems are user error, but this seems to be a computer glitch. I also checked to see if there had been a schedule/equipment change and there has not been. Also, I agree that "Search is your friend" but in this case it really helped me to know that this was happening again as I would have been upset to lose my exit rows.

SamuelS Feb 26, 2011 7:00 pm

I had this issue too. It wasn't that the seats were not sticking. They did indeed 'stick' and were there for several weeks. Then suddenly they were gone and I was given non-preferred seating in the back of the bus. Very annoying, but luckily I got my original seats back.

On one flight, a 76Q, there isn't even an aircraft config change to justify it.

gypsycsc Feb 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Yes, I realize "search is my friend." This is not a "hit save seats and exit" problem. As the very friendly agent on the phone told me, this is a computer glitch. They're having problems with exit row seats that were previously booked suddenly being dropped. So, check your itineraries if you value your exit row seats.

zman Feb 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by gypsycsc (Post 15939122)
Yes, I realize "search is my friend." This is not a "hit save seats and exit" problem. As the very friendly agent on the phone told me, this is a computer glitch. They're having problems with exit row seats that were previously booked suddenly being dropped. So, check your itineraries if you value your exit row seats.

Mine is Ok (for now) on an upcoming 757 ATL-BOS

mtkeller Feb 27, 2011 2:44 am

No problems with my exit row seats.

arizonawildcat Feb 27, 2011 5:07 am

Mine are all still in there OK too

Tennisbum Feb 27, 2011 5:40 am

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat (Post 15940405)
Mine are all still in there OK too

Mine, too. Keeping fingers crossed. I'm half expecting mine to vanish next month when I drop down to silver.

timothyp_787 Feb 27, 2011 5:43 am

Just checked my March itin, and my seats are fine...but I'll keep an eye on them.

This thread jogged my memory that I too had trouble getting the exit row seats to "take"; I think I just gave up and waited a few days before I tried again. But it sounds like it's still an issue.

CJKatl Feb 27, 2011 5:47 am

Thank you for posting this. There does appear to be an abnormal number of these in the next week. Here's what I found on my itineraries:

22 Segments over the next three weeks.
20 Exit Row Seats selected over that period.
4 Cleared UGs, on the Tue/Wed segments. (Last minute change from ROC-DSM to ATL-DSM required three segments for lowest fare, but will likely SDC.)
16 Remaining Exit Row seat selections.
4 of the 5 over the next week had been changed to non-exit row. Of those, I was able to change 2 back, but lost the other two. Was changed from aisle to aisle in all cases.
All Exit Row selections in the second and third week remained untouched.

From my experience, it seems to be flights in the next week that were impacted. While this has happened, IME, before, never more than once or twice a year. Four out of five in a single weeks is really unusual.

Again, thanks for posting this.