Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Help getting seat assignments (KL and AF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Looking for some help on how to get some 1/2 way decent seat assignments in coach for an upcoming trip. Booked all flights through delta.com and it's a mixture of DL, KLM and AF flights on Delta flight numbers. The flights are all A330s so I like to get the aisle on the 2 seat sections rather than being stuck in the middle.

- Delta.com will confirm my seat assignments for the DL metal flights.
- KLM flights: If I pick a seat on Delta.com (even non-preferred since I know those are the Econ Comfort), the seat assignment doesn't stay. Same thing if I try loggin in to KLM.
- AF flights: tried picking on Delta.com and same problem as the KLM segments. Tried logging into AF and wouldn't save the seats.

If I call the Plat Desk at Delta, will they be able to get anything to work? Flights start in a couple of weeks so would like to get it sorted out.

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, GE
did you tried entering your ticket number and last name on KL or AF ? This always works for me when i reserve seats on both carriers.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Yes, the Plat desk can help you. Also ask them for the AF record locator number while you are on the phone and that will help you if you want to log in directly to the AF web site.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Ditto - you can use the DL ticket number on the AF.com website and it will pull up your reservation, provide you with a seat map to select seats.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I have this same problem, with no airline status. KLM won't let me select a seat for AMS-CDG at all, forget Delta, and while the Delta website has seat assignments for BOS-AMS and CDG-BOS, the KLM website doesn't have said assignments.

I am already dreading a window seat for the CDG-BOS flight. Specifically, my left knee is dreading it. I'm hoping to be 10 lbs lighter by the trip, which will help the knee, but I'm an aisle seat girl. I also can't sit in the same place for eight hours straight ever.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by longwaybackhome
I have this same problem, with no airline status. KLM won't let me select a seat for AMS-CDG at all, forget Delta, .....
Not being able to select a seat for AMS to CDG is not a Delta issue. For intra-Europe flights KLM does not do advance seat assignments (biz class might be an exception). KLM opens the flight for online check-in 30 hours prior to departure, you can select your seat then, or wait until arriving at the airport to have your seat assigned.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by 53flyer
Not being able to select a seat for AMS to CDG is not a Delta issue. For intra-Europe flights KLM does not do advance seat assignments (biz class might be an exception). KLM opens the flight for online check-in 30 hours prior to departure, you can select your seat then, or wait until arriving at the airport to have your seat assigned.
Correct. If you are ticketed in Europe Select (now rebranded to Europe Business Class) or on intercontinental trips in any class, you can choose your seat up to 90 days in advance, otherwise the 30-hour rules applies.

I wish DL would adopt the NW practice of showing both the DL and KL PNR in the reservation - it saves having to call and allows one to go to KLM.COM (or AF) and handle this yourself
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Thanks, guys. I feel better knowing it's not just me that can't do it!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Got it done

Thanks for the responses.

I called the PM line and the agent was able to select the seats. Sounded like they can see the seats on their system, but have to send a request to KLM or AF to get them assigned. Once the request is approved, they all showed up in my profile. Much easier than trying to get record numbers etc.

I suppose we'll know for sure when I checkin next Wednesday for my flights on Thursday and see if my seat assignments are still there.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Chisholm Lite (SLC) was unable to help me select a EC seat on my KL flight. In fact the agent clicked something and the pending EC seat I had changed to 23F and she said she couldn't do anything else.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Chisholm Lite (SLC) was unable to help me select a EC seat on my KL flight. In fact the agent clicked something and the pending EC seat I had changed to 23F and she said she couldn't do anything else.
Get your KL PNR and go here:

http://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/prep..._your_seat.htm.

I don't know what res agents see, but I have 5 upcoming segments on KL/AF, and DL's seatmaps don't always show me in the same seats as do KL's and AF's.

DL's maps are also DL-centric (showing AF F as Business Elite, etc.) They are getting better, but there is a lot more work to be done.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Sabai
Get your KL PNR and go here:

http://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/prep..._your_seat.htm.

I don't know what res agents see, but I have 5 upcoming segments on KL/AF, and DL's seatmaps don't always show me in the same seats as do KL's and AF's.

DL's maps are also DL-centric (showing AF F as Business Elite, etc.) They are getting better, but there is a lot more work to be done.
Thanks, I tried that but I get the following:

We are sorry but due to a technical error, you cannot select a seat at the moment. Please try again later.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Thanks, I tried that but I get the following:

We are sorry but due to a technical error, you cannot select a seat at the moment. Please try again later.
Ah well, there are the KLM website issues to deal with as well; not much love for it in the Flying Dutchman forum.

Good luck to you in getting the seat you seek.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
My question is not unlike others in this thread.

I am on an DL M fare using SWUs with confirmed seat assignments for ATH-AMS-DTW-OKC. On the Delta web I can see seats for DL equipment and when I go to the KL web I can see my confirmed seat (2C) ATH-AMS.

My concern is that the last two times I did this kind of route, the KLM agents at the airports could not see my DL seats and wanted to select some for me. Can they only see what I see when I go to the KLM web as it asks me to select seats for the DL flights?

I don't have access to a printer so will not be able to show my itinerary from the DL web on Tuesday. Do I need more than the print copy of the e-ticket DL sent to me?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Xeno

I don't have access to a printer so will not be able to show my itinerary from the DL web on Tuesday. Do I need more than the print copy of the e-ticket DL sent to me?
Ultimately you will be sitting where KL places you, which may or may not agree with what your DL reservation shows. IME it usually works out, but if DL shows you in 2C and KL's reservation system already has someone else sitting there, you'll not prevail.

Bring a copy of your reservation and if the seat is still open, it's probably yours.

Enjoy the seamless SkyTeam travel experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.