Wiki Posts
Search

Top Diamond Observations this week

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Top Diamond Observations this week

I honestly think we need to start a top 10. The few DYKWIA are making a bad name for the good DM's.

1. Lady inside seat stands up after landing and at jet bridge, a good 3 minutes before we could grab our luggage to get off the plane she notices her diamond tag facing down towards her luggage. She flips it over to show off her status. "REALLY"

2. New Diamond Metal tag, purposely kicking computer back to make the tag rattle. This was a good 3 minutes. Not sure if on purpose but sure looked like it.

3. Unconfirmed but someone wearing a DM hat/shirt in ATL, i was actually in the A terminal if i would have been online i would have ventured to E.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
This hat thing has turned to be the Big foot of flyertalk.

Maybe this hat is just an urban legend lol.

Now I will carry my camera, and will make sure my batts are charged lol.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Does not everyone carry a cell phone with a camera? No need for extra equipment...

And my carry-on always has my DM tag. Depending on where I'm traveling I flip it out so people don't see my other bag tag (when MCO bound everyone doesn't need to know I work @ WDW). Both are useful should I ever forget (how could I?) to take my carry-on with me.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
I honestly think we need to start a top 10. The few DYKWIA are making a bad name for the good DM's.

1. Lady inside seat stands up after landing and at jet bridge, a good 3 minutes before we could grab our luggage to get off the plane she notices her diamond tag facing down towards her luggage. She flips it over to show off her status. "REALLY"

2. New Diamond Metal tag, purposely kicking computer back to make the tag rattle. This was a good 3 minutes. Not sure if on purpose but sure looked like it.

3. Unconfirmed but someone wearing a DM hat/shirt in ATL, i was actually in the A terminal if i would have been online i would have ventured to E.
Sounds a lot like d*** envy. Do what I do, ignore it.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Yeah, but if you ignore it then you can't get on FT and start a "look at me" thread. (these threads usually include the dreaded ".......", i.e. "can you believe......", or "I was in ATL and saw.......", or "I can't believe DL did....")
Old Feb 25, 2011, 5:18 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
DYKWIA occurs at all status levels:

Example 1:

To the FA on DEN-DTW last week in the middle of boarding "but I am a Gold Medallion, why can't my boyfriend come sit in this empty first class seat?" Lady you are lucky to be in F yourself and boarding hasn't even finished yet! Kudos to the GA in this case for bringing the next upgrade eligible pax from Y.

Example 2:

Just after a flight had closed a couple arrived. Upset that they missed their flight the Mr shouts "But I am a Silver Medallion!" and slams his boarding pass on the counter. Then demands the gate agents name because he "closed the flight early." (They didn't, it closed 10 minutes before departure, Mr. and Mrs. Silver arrived 2 minutes after departure and then caused a scene).
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Originally Posted by TTT

Example 2:

Just after a flight had closed a couple arrived. Upset that they missed their flight the Mr shouts "But I am a Silver Medallion!" and slams his boarding pass on the counter. Then demands the gate agents name because he "closed the flight early." (They didn't, it closed 10 minutes before departure, Mr. and Mrs. Silver arrived 2 minutes after departure and then caused a scene).
Would that be a DYKWIA - "lite" ?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Of is it...
demi-DYKWIA?
mini-DYKWIA?
almost real-DYKWIA?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
Originally Posted by brad9696
+1 ^ I'm still laughing....
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:42 am
Suspended

New DM Metal Tags

Originally Posted by MNAudiS4

Well, even as a senior citizen I am thinking about using my two metal DM luggage tags as earrings.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Crackerpup
Of is it...
demi-DYKWIA?
mini-DYKWIA?
almost real-DYKWIA?
pseudo-DYKWIA
DYKWIA-In Training

And finally:

DIKWIA? (just starting out and soul-searching ones DYKWIA'ness)
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:45 am
Suspended

Silvers

Originally Posted by TTT

Example 1:

To the FA on DEN-DTW last week in the middle of boarding "but I am a Gold Medallion, why can't my boyfriend come sit in this empty first class seat?" Lady you are lucky to be in F yourself and boarding hasn't even finished yet! Kudos to the GA in this case for bringing the next upgrade eligible pax from Y.

Example 2:

Wish the GA has noted how embarrassing it must be to be a Silver.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by brad9696
No no.... DYKWIA Lite is a PM.

A silver is a DYKWIA Wannabe.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeff30189
No no.... DYKWIA Lite is a PM.

A silver is a DYKWIA Wannabe.
No, he/she's a DYKWIN (Do You Know Who I'm Not)
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta FO
I'm hoping to see someone pull into the medallion parking lot at the Atlanta Braves game with a vanity plate DYKWIA and Diamond Medallion license plate frame.

That would be priceless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.