Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Upgrade requested" versus "Upgrade eligible"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:52 am
Original Poster

I've been listed as "upgrade eligible" (instead of the normal "upgrade requested" on my flight to PUJ next month. I've never seen "upgrade eligible" before. What does this mean? Does it have anything to do with it being an international flight?

Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
Originally Posted by Michael Wenk
I've been listed as "upgrade eligible" (instead of the normal "upgrade requested" on my flight to PUJ next month. I've never seen "upgrade eligible" before. What does this mean? Does it have anything to do with it being an international flight?

Thanks.
That probably means you have to open your itinerary and try to request upgrades manually. Once I saw the clickable boxes on corresponding flights, labeled as "Request Upgrade" as far as I remember. It happened when my flight was changed and somehow upgrade request was lost in the darkness of DL IT system.
Or you can just call CSC.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Did you buy your ticket following or link from Kayak or such?
Need to call SMS to be put on the upgrade list, as discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-upgrades.html
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Glitch

It's not just a kayak or other 3rd party website issue....

I had this problem last week on a ticket booked through delta.dumb and didnt realize it until the day before I left. The DM desk said that I declined the upgrade, and I assured them that this was not the case as I am careful to avoid accidentally activating that option.

Just another happy surprise courtesy of Delta IT....
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
UPDATE

It happened AGAIN.

In spite of my prior conversation with the DM desk, and in spite of their assurances that I was not "flagged" to decline all upgrades (why anyone would ever want that to happen is beyond conprehension anyway), it happened again for my outbound flight on June 28th.

I called (again) and the CSR did (to her credit) confirm that there was an inhibitor selected in my profile that was causing this to happen.

To use a parallel reference from the restaurant industry, never complain about your food to the person who cooks your meal. You may get what you want in the end, but you're going to get a surprise or two that lasts well after the fact as well.

She said she needed to contact the IT department, so I'm figuring that all future upgrade attempts will result in a middle seat in the last row next to the bathroom.

Last edited by jeff30189; Jun 27, 2011 at 5:36 pm
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:32 pm

Thumbs down Delta...Give me a break!

Upgrade requested just appeared on two tickets for me! UGH!!! Give me a BREAK Delta!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by artyam
Upgrade requested just appeared on two tickets for me! UGH!!! Give me a BREAK Delta!
Wait... what? Upgrade requested is what you want to see...
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Are you flying on DL metal, or a partner? I had "Upgrade Eligible" listed for a recent Alaska Airlines flight, and it turned out I missed it because I didn't "request" it until I checked in. Had I called Alaska 12 hours earlier to talk to them, I would have gotten the upgrade.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
Wait... what? Upgrade requested is what you want to see...
Sorry, I meant "upgrade eligible". I am so mad I'm crazy!!!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Had UG Eligible for me and a companion on 1 PNR. Split, linked, and request companion UG resulted in both being UG requested. Just a data point...
Old Jul 3, 2011, 12:14 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
Just happened to me on a flight booked through Kayak. Can't find any way to request an upgrade online. Anyone know how to do that?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I always search on kayak and use their link to book through dl.com

I have to tweet @deltaassist each time to "request my upgrade" now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.