DL is now Official Gone from TOL

Old Feb 23, 11, 5:23 am

Interesting

Originally Posted by ernestb View Post
Yep and there is more news in the coming days in regards to another loss at TOL....
Ernestb - can you please elaborate? I'm just curious as I would like to not be blindsided in the next few weeks. Are we talking passenger service or cargo?
Old Feb 23, 11, 5:37 am

What a bummer to see DL completely give up on TOL. I've done business in Toledo and it was always nice(r -- not that going through TSA groping is ever any nice) to deal with a smaller airport versus the craziness of getting into the DTW hub. I suspect TOL is soon to end up completely shuttered like the passenger terminal at DET (Detroit's City Airport) currently is.

I don't know why Delta couldn't make flights to MSP or ATL work.
Old Feb 25, 11, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer View Post
What cities have lost all their scheduled airline service the past 10 years.
New London, CT, Bridgeport, CT and Poughkeepsie, NY all lost US service to PHL within the last ten years.

Winston-Salem, NC did as well (US service to CLT), though they might have been farther back.
Old Feb 26, 11, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall View Post
I don't know why Delta couldn't make flights to MSP or ATL work.
For others it may be different, but DTW has a non-stop to/from SAN. Its simply too hard for me to pass up non-stops...
Old Feb 26, 11, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
This is a shame, but expected when DL cut back to one flight. There was no way they could sustain that. I flew into and out of TOL just two weeks ago (on AA). It is a ridiculously easy airport to get into and out of.

In addition to AA, there are still flights by Allegiant plus charters to warm destinations.

Originally Posted by ernestb View Post
Yep and there is more news in the coming days in regards to another loss at TOL....
Care to provide details? Surely not AA.
Old Feb 26, 11, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
So sad.
Old Feb 26, 11, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer View Post
What cities have lost all their scheduled airline service the past 10 years.
RDG (Reading, PA) lost its service to PIT & PHL around 2004. Too close to PHL for EAS and too short a runway for jet service.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: