Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Shuttle LGA - DCA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2002, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Shuttle LGA-DCA service

I know that passengers can not stand whatsoever on the Delta Shuttle LGA-DCA-LGA flights. Can the flight attendants still move about the cabin to provide the standard DLS beverage and snack service.

Is any video entertainment shown (like Fox News Now on the US Airways Shuttle) or just the Airshow?

Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BizJet:
I know that passengers can not stand whatsoever on the Delta Shuttle LGA-DCA-LGA flights. Can the flight attendants still move about the cabin to provide the standard DLS beverage and snack service.

Is any video entertainment shown (like Fox News Now on the US Airways Shuttle) or just the Airshow?

Thanks.
</font>
Fly the Delta/US Shuttles quite often here. Delta (as of yesterday) is still doing the same beverage/snack service as always. For entertainment on Delta, you mainly get the standard Delta Air show... nothing that needs headphones. Of course Delta has a better periodicals selection than USAirways.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The "Airshow" is often turned off -- for "security," no doubt! It was off yesterday on the 2:30 LGA-DCA flight. No reason is ever given.

Food and beverage service are normal. FAs are allowed to stand up!

Bruce
Old Apr 4, 2002, 7:09 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Thanks to these idiotic "random security" regulations, it's now:

IAD

DCA

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Apr 4, 2002, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Spiff: Personally, I think the convenience that DCA has over Dulles far outweighs any inconvenience from not being able to stand for 30 minutes. Is it really that big of a deal? Just curious.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 3:53 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I agree, being able to hop on the Metro makes DCA a much more convenient airport than IAD. However, it's the principle of it all. It also seems a bit ironic: I must sacrifice my freedom in order to be better able to get around the cornerstone of freedom in our country? Just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BizJet:
Spiff: Personally, I think the convenience that DCA has over Dulles far outweighs any inconvenience from not being able to stand for 30 minutes. Is it really that big of a deal? Just curious.</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Apr 4, 2002, 6:11 pm

Location: DC ... NW Plat Elite, Hilton HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond, Avis PS+, happily a _former_ DL PM
Spiff,

I agree with what you said, but I'd do anything short of burning a flag to avoid the secuirty line at IAD during the evening 'rush' when all the outbound intl. pax are trying to get through security. It's been a while since I lived in DC and had the 'pleasure' of using Dulles so things may have changed with the terminal expansion, etc. I've used DCA exclusively for the past 3 years and, even since 9/11 it still beats an 'average' day at IAD, IMHO.

[This message has been edited by theDeltaFlyer (edited 04-04-2002).]
Old Apr 4, 2002, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I went through DCA security this evening for the 5:30 Shuttle to LGA. A 10-minute wait in line, then no muss, no fuss. Even wearing my belt and Rockport shoes, I didn't set off the metal detector. A HUGE contrast to LGA, which is simply the pits.

I also object to the silly no-standing rule, but I would never trade the convenience of DCA for Dulles.

Bruce
Old Apr 4, 2002, 8:08 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
IMHO, convenience means nothing if it comes at the hands of an overreaching government. Not to mention how useless the rule is anyway.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, Dulles isn't exactly in another country! You're in the hands of the same overreaching government whichever airport you choose. I don't like it, but I'm forced to deal with it.

Bruce
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
DL Shuttle LGA-DCA Security Delays?

Hello Delta Forum members,

Please excuse me if you have already covered this topic; I have tried searching and couldn't find it.

Prior to the recent security changes, taking the Shuttle, especially from LGA, was pretty easy. Next weekend, I will be taking a pleasure trip LGA-DCA on Saturday and returning Labor Day.

I would appreciate advice on whether it is difficult to carry on one bag (minus liquids, gels, etc.). Also, are there delays in general on the Shuttle?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Took is last weekend, security is still quick, they do hand check about every other bag at the gate, but otherwise note much changed there. The shuttle itself didn't experience any delays, 5 mins to departure the door gets closed, if your on great, if not, there's another one in an hour.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by rpk113
Took is last weekend, security is still quick, they do hand check about every other bag at the gate, but otherwise note much changed there. The shuttle itself didn't experience any delays, 5 mins to departure the door gets closed, if your on great, if not, there's another one in an hour.
Many thanks!

Are they still giving away magazines? And do they let you take them onboard?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:43 pm

No problems here

Took it the same week of the security alert, went fast through security...didnt check bags myself but the line for an agent was REALLY long.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:19 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
The magazines are ok, nothing mainstream unless your into that stuff. They do give away NYTimes, which is nice. And yes, they are allowed on board...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.