My upgrades!! My upgrades!!

Old Feb 18, 11, 5:41 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
My upgrades!! My upgrades!!

Aren't you tired reading threads asking - Why didn't my upgrade clear at the window? Well, I'm flying on Thursday, and guess what? My upgrades cleared today - - 6 days out!! Cross country, too!! PIT/MSP/SNA! MSP/SNA is on the A319 with the new smaller F cabin! I was shocked!!

I just thought we could use an occasional positive post, not to mention a little kick in the rear to all the naysayers about upgrades not clearing!!

Feel free to b!tsch at me for taking up valuable server space for a totally meaningless mini rant!! I just wanted to share my glory!

BTW, fare class: T
Old Feb 18, 11, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL PM; Co Gold; PC Plat; Hhonors Silver
My upgrades for next Thursday cleared today too. All three of them!

And I am just a lowly Platinum at that!
Old Feb 18, 11, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta FO/1.3MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (I'm a big Ric Flair fan).
Old Feb 18, 11, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
MODS -- Can we please merge this with all of the other "Window Upgrade" threads .
Old Feb 18, 11, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
MODS -- Can we please merge this with all of the other "Window Upgrade" threads .
Don't you dare!!!

. . . . and who's Ric Flare?
Old Feb 18, 11, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Aren't you tired reading threads asking - Why didn't my upgrade clear at the window? Well, I'm flying on Thursday, and guess what? My upgrades cleared today - - 6 days out!! Cross country, too!! PIT/MSP/SNA! MSP/SNA is on the A319 with the new smaller F cabin! I was shocked!!

I just thought we could use an occasional positive post, not to mention a little kick in the rear to all the naysayers about upgrades not clearing!!

Feel free to b!tsch at me for taking up valuable server space for a totally meaningless mini rant!! I just wanted to share my glory!

BTW, fare class: T

Thanks for posting. You may help reassure those who gasped when they saw this:

Originally Posted by Vuelos View Post
Not happening. sorry. Delta has removed upgrades for T fares
Old Feb 18, 11, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post
Thanks for posting. You may help reassure those who gasped when they saw this:
Yeah, I just saw that post over there & was thinking about posting a link to my post here, even though I'm sure most people know he was just joking! I added in the "T class" line after I read it!
Old Feb 18, 11, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Yeah, I just saw that post over there & was thinking about posting a link to my post here, even though I'm sure most people know he was just joking! I added in the "T class" line after I read it!
Had I thought that the rumor could take on legs and get some DL Management booted like Leo Mullen was booted (after the sLUT debacle), I would have been willing to let it grow a bit longer.
Old Feb 18, 11, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles (Silver), UA Mileage Plus, US Scareways, AA Advantage
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Liar!! DL is monetizing FC! Upgrades at the window are no more!! You are obviously lying!

Sarcasm off...good to hear some nice positive news on the DL board for once! Enjoy your flight!

DL757ATL

Last edited by DL757ATL; Feb 18, 11 at 6:06 pm
Old Feb 18, 11, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DL757ATL View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Liar!! DL is monetizing FC! Upgrades at the window are no more!! You are obviously lying!

Sarcasm off...good to hear some nice positive news on the DL board for once! Enjoy your flight!
I'd be glad to publish the record locator to prove it, but, I'm sure someone would change my seats in spite!! I'm especially afraid to tell you what I paid for the ticket!!

As I think back, didn't we discuss before, that DM's have an unpublished benefit, that they can freely move PM's seats around in F at will???
Old Feb 18, 11, 6:22 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I'd be glad to publish the record locator to prove it, but, I'm sure someone would change my seats in spite!! I'm especially afraid to tell you what I paid for the ticket!!

As I think back, didn't we discuss before, that DM's have an unpublished benefit, that they can freely move PM's seats around in F at will???
No, only GMs and FOs. PMs are like little brothers -- we have to play nice when Mom is watching.

But we can make sure the get no Woodford.
Old Feb 18, 11, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
No, only GMs and FOs. PMs are like little brothers -- we have to play nice when Mom is watching.

But we can make sure the get no Woodford.
Hmmm, if I only had the time to search out all of the DYKWIA posts by DM's who seem to want to trample on us peons!! YKWYA (You Know Who You Are!)

Don't worry about your Woodford. I only drink the GOOD stuff. I'm a Coke Zero man!!
Old Feb 18, 11, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
I'm a lowly FO and got my UG cleared 4 days out, on a DTW-LAX 77L flight no less.

(I can picture Diamondzillas fuming right now.)
Old Feb 18, 11, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta FO/1.3MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Don't you dare!!!

. . . . and who's Ric Flare?
Only the greatest wrestler who ever lived.

Long live WWE (just think of it this way, It's a soap opera for guys).

It's the only good thing on TV anymore ...
Old Feb 18, 11, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by domcharles View Post
My upgrades for next Thursday cleared today too. All three of them! And I am just a lowly Platinum at that!
Originally Posted by Oakshadow View Post
I'm a lowly FO and got my UG cleared 4 days out, on a DTW-LAX 77L flight no less. (I can picture Diamondzillas fuming right now.)
Congrats to a fellow PM, and unlike most DM's and a few PM's, I DO speak to GM's and FO's, so, I'll say BRAVO on your mega-score on the 77L!! You better play the lottery!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: