FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   My upgrades!! My upgrades!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1185702-my-upgrades-my-upgrades.html)

davetravels Feb 18, 2011 5:41 pm

My upgrades!! My upgrades!!

Aren't you tired reading threads asking - Why didn't my upgrade clear at the window? Well, I'm flying on Thursday, and guess what? My upgrades cleared today - - 6 days out!! Cross country, too!! PIT/MSP/SNA! MSP/SNA is on the A319 with the new smaller F cabin! I was shocked!!

I just thought we could use an occasional positive post, not to mention a little kick in the rear to all the naysayers about upgrades not clearing!! ;)

Feel free to b!tsch at me for taking up valuable server space for a totally meaningless mini rant!! I just wanted to share my glory! :D

BTW, fare class: T

domcharles Feb 18, 2011 5:44 pm

My upgrades for next Thursday cleared today too. All three of them!

And I am just a lowly Platinum at that!

baccarat0809 Feb 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (I'm a big Ric Flair fan).

GBadger Feb 18, 2011 5:49 pm

MODS -- Can we please merge this with all of the other "Window Upgrade" threads :D.

davetravels Feb 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 15891744)
MODS -- Can we please merge this with all of the other "Window Upgrade" threads :D.

Don't you dare!!! :D

. . . . and who's Ric Flare?

StayingHomeIsBetter Feb 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 15891715)
Aren't you tired reading threads asking - Why didn't my upgrade clear at the window? Well, I'm flying on Thursday, and guess what? My upgrades cleared today - - 6 days out!! Cross country, too!! PIT/MSP/SNA! MSP/SNA is on the A319 with the new smaller F cabin! I was shocked!!

I just thought we could use an occasional positive post, not to mention a little kick in the rear to all the naysayers about upgrades not clearing!! ;)

Feel free to b!tsch at me for taking up valuable server space for a totally meaningless mini rant!! I just wanted to share my glory! :D

BTW, fare class: T

Thanks for posting. You may help reassure those who gasped when they saw this:

Originally Posted by Vuelos (Post 15891250)
Not happening. sorry. Delta has removed upgrades for T fares

:)

davetravels Feb 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 15891766)
Thanks for posting. You may help reassure those who gasped when they saw this::)

Yeah, I just saw that post over there & was thinking about posting a link to my post here, even though I'm sure most people know he was just joking! I added in the "T class" line after I read it! :)

StayingHomeIsBetter Feb 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 15891779)
Yeah, I just saw that post over there & was thinking about posting a link to my post here, even though I'm sure most people know he was just joking! I added in the "T class" line after I read it! :)

Had I thought that the rumor could take on legs and get some DL Management booted like Leo Mullen was booted (after the sLUT debacle), I would have been willing to let it grow a bit longer. :D:D:D

DL757ATL Feb 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Liar!! DL is monetizing FC! Upgrades at the window are no more!! You are obviously lying!

Sarcasm off...good to hear some nice positive news on the DL board for once! Enjoy your flight!

:)

DL757ATL

davetravels Feb 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by DL757ATL (Post 15891814)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Liar!! DL is monetizing FC! Upgrades at the window are no more!! You are obviously lying!

Sarcasm off...good to hear some nice positive news on the DL board for once! Enjoy your flight! :)

I'd be glad to publish the record locator to prove it, but, I'm sure someone would change my seats in spite!! :D I'm especially afraid to tell you what I paid for the ticket!!

As I think back, didn't we discuss before, that DM's have an unpublished benefit, that they can freely move PM's seats around in F at will??? :D

TheMadBrewer Feb 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 15891830)
I'd be glad to publish the record locator to prove it, but, I'm sure someone would change my seats in spite!! :D I'm especially afraid to tell you what I paid for the ticket!!

As I think back, didn't we discuss before, that DM's have an unpublished benefit, that they can freely move PM's seats around in F at will??? :D

No, only GMs and FOs. PMs are like little brothers -- we have to play nice when Mom is watching.

But we can make sure the get no Woodford.

davetravels Feb 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer (Post 15891863)
No, only GMs and FOs. PMs are like little brothers -- we have to play nice when Mom is watching.

But we can make sure the get no Woodford.

Hmmm, if I only had the time to search out all of the DYKWIA posts by DM's who seem to want to trample on us peons!! ;) YKWYA (You Know Who You Are!)

Don't worry about your Woodford. I only drink the GOOD stuff. I'm a Coke Zero man!! :p

Oakshadow Feb 18, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm a lowly FO and got my UG cleared 4 days out, on a DTW-LAX 77L flight no less.

(I can picture Diamondzillas fuming right now.)

baccarat0809 Feb 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 15891749)
Don't you dare!!! :D

. . . . and who's Ric Flare?

Only the greatest wrestler who ever lived.

Long live WWE (just think of it this way, It's a soap opera for guys).

It's the only good thing on TV anymore ... :D:D:D

davetravels Feb 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by domcharles (Post 15891722)
My upgrades for next Thursday cleared today too. All three of them! And I am just a lowly Platinum at that!

Originally Posted by Oakshadow (Post 15891899)
I'm a lowly FO and got my UG cleared 4 days out, on a DTW-LAX 77L flight no less. (I can picture Diamondzillas fuming right now.)

Congrats to a fellow PM, and unlike most DM's and a few PM's, I DO speak to GM's and FO's, so, I'll say BRAVO on your mega-score on the 77L!! You better play the lottery!! ;)