FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Downgraded from F (5 seats) - question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1185620-downgraded-f-5-seats-question.html)

baccarat0809 Feb 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Downgraded from F (5 seats) - question

So I spent 80k miles per ticket to get FC seats for my sister's vacation.

BUF-ATL-MCO-ATL-BUF.

She's in ATL now and she no longer has FC seats and they're not willing to do anything for her - even the redcoat's being a jerk. Telling her to take the seats in the back and there is nothing he can do.

What's she due?

I'm livid.

yvandoorn Feb 18, 2011 12:50 pm

First of all I'd say call the Diamond Desk - there isn't much most of us can do except fume right along with you.

DLFan2 Feb 18, 2011 12:50 pm

A little more detail would help...
Why did she lose her seat? Equipment change? What did they tell her?
Did she have a seat in F for the first leg?

baccarat0809 Feb 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Now they're offering her $100 a person for the downgrade.

She's on 1569 and they're being real ****s (sorry for the language).

Anybody have access to the records? Sheena?????

GBadger Feb 18, 2011 12:51 pm

What's the situation? Change in equipment? Did she miss her flight? Why is she being downgraded?

3Cforme Feb 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Late aircraft substitution? Rebooked due to IROPS?

baccarat0809 Feb 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by DLFan2 (Post 15890221)
A little more detail would help...
Why did she lose her seat? Equipment change? What did they tell her?
Did she have a seat in F for the first leg?

She was in F on the first segment. Refuses to tell her why the seats are gone.

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 15890227)
What's the situation? Change in equipment? Did she miss her flight? Why is she being downgraded?

Didn't miss the flight - showed up 45 minutes prior to and asked why the downgrade and they refused to say.

No aircraft sub - still a 757.

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 15890242)
Did she have a confirmed, assigned seat in F for the second segment (the one I'm assuming she's being downgraded from)? If not, any chance the flight was oversold? Or any chance that you purchased a combined itinerary that didn't include F for this leg?

Confirmed seats in F. Row 2 and 3 on the e-mails.

Red coat told her to get on the flight or else. Handed her 5x$100 vouchers and told her nothing he could do.

No apology - no I'm sorry - no nothing. I heard the entire conversation he had with her on the phone.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

starflyer Feb 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Try a few things:
1. You could call the Service Center and ask what's happening.
2. Have you sister ask for a written/printed copy of her record noting the reason for the downgrade, as she's concerned that the reason might be identity theft (someone else pretended to be her and requested the downgrade), and she wants the info to be able to accurately follow up after the fact.
3. Have your sister ask to be accommodated in First on a later flight (assuming she is willing to do so).

Crazyhotelguy Feb 18, 2011 12:52 pm

I would be livid and probably in a hospital if I had paid 80K per ticket from BUF to MCO!!!!!!!!

And then add on this cr@p???

Sorry to hear.....

GBadger Feb 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat0809 (Post 15890230)
She was in F on the first segment. Refuses to tell her why the seats are gone.

Did she have a confirmed, assigned seat in F for the second segment (the one I'm assuming she's being downgraded from)? If not, any chance the flight was oversold? Or any chance that you purchased a combined itinerary that didn't include F for this leg?

andymo99 Feb 18, 2011 12:56 pm

What does "5 seats" in the subject line refer to?

Also, is she on the outbound or the return? (Just curious if you are fuming that she was downgraded on a 404 mile flight or 712 mile flight.)

Sounds like you paid 40,000 miles each way. Lowest coach award one way is 12,500. i say you get 27,500 mile refund plus a little something for your aggravation.

Clearly she has suffered a loss here. But in the grand scheme of downgrades, this seems small, and history indicates you should get the somp deserved.

Irrelevant but curious: Why redeem 80k miles for this route in F anyway?

GBadger Feb 18, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm not seeing any kind of equipment swap. Maybe majorwibi can have a look for us.

avidflyer Feb 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by andymo99 (Post 15890264)

Also, is she on the outbound or the return? (Just curious if you are fuming that she was downgraded on a 404 mile flight or 712 mile flight.)

Sounds like you paid 40,000 miles each way. Lowest coach award one way is 12,500. i say you get 27,500 mile refund plus a little something for your aggravation.

Clearly she has suffered a loss here. But in the grand scheme of downgrades, this seems small, and history indicates you should get the somp deserved.

Same as if you paid cash...you want what you paid for and I am sure if it were a gift for family (I do that all the time) they were very excited to sit upfront.

baccarat0809 Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by andymo99 (Post 15890264)

The downgrade is the 2nd leg of the flight so yeah, it's only an hour, but the kids were so damn happy to be flying up front - it's a 'big experience" for them kinda deal.

Why 80k? They have winter break starting monday and are going to Disney and a Disney cruise. Only real flights I could get them to go with School schedule and getting there in time for the boat was the tickets now. I've got them a limo to be picked up at the airport even - just trying to go all out for them and then this crapola happens.

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 15890280)
Same as if you paid cash...you want what you paid for and I am sure if it were a gift for family (I do that all the time) they were very excited to sit upfront.

BINGO Avid. As far as I'm concerned this is a REVENUE ticket for them as Skymiles generates REVENUE for them, especially at 80k a ticket - that's 400,000 FRIGGIN MILES.

Sorry, IMO here somebody royally screwed up.

I'll be calling the DM line - but I'm hoping somebody with inside info here can take a look and see what's going on so i'm more armed with information about this.

starflyer Feb 18, 2011 1:01 pm

If she has a digital camera or phone camera I might suggest to her to take pictures of the people in her original seats for use in followup discussions as appropriate.