Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta 767-400 "Lie Flat" Biz Class Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO

I'm flying on a Delta 767-400 w/ Lie Flat seats for the 1st time and unsure what seats to reserve. For two, is it better to reserve window seats, i.e., 2A and 3A or two side-by-side seats, i.e., 2C and 2D.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by spec
I'm flying on a Delta 767-400 w/ Lie Flat seats for the 1st time and unsure what seats to reserve. For two, is it better to reserve window seats, i.e., 2A and 3A or two side-by-side seats, i.e., 2C and 2D.
for a couple, or for two people traveling together that wish to communicate with one another, the two middle seats do the job. If traveling alone or with someone you dont care to look at, let alone talk to, then window seats will do.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Go with the two in the middle if you want to be able to see/talk to each other. The aisle/window seats are not directly across from one another. If you want your own space and privacy, go with the two window seats.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:37 am
mdb

Originally Posted by rwoman
Go with the two in the middle if you want to be able to see/talk to each other. The aisle/window seats are not directly across from one another. If you want your own space and privacy, go with the two window seats.
+1
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by spec
Back to back seats (2A/3A) are offset to allow feet to go under the table. If you want to talk, do the middle two seats - it really doesn't matter which row. One of the seats will have a cubbyhole footwell and one will have an open sided footwell.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:34 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Same question but for one: Travelling solo for the first time on the newly-configured 767-400 in BE. DL assigned me 1A but the cabin both ways is fairly empty. I'll stay in a window seat, but is there any advantage to seats on a particular side of the plane, fore/aft, or with the table next to the window/aisle?

I'm tall and broad-shouldered, but from what I can tell, all seats are identical for foot and shoulder space. Not sure if there are any other considerations that might make for a more comfortable/enjoyable flight.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by baliktad
Same question but for one: Travelling solo for the first time on the newly-configured 767-400 in BE. DL assigned me 1A but the cabin both ways is fairly empty. I'll stay in a window seat, but is there any advantage to seats on a particular side of the plane, fore/aft, or with the table next to the window/aisle?

I'm tall and broad-shouldered, but from what I can tell, all seats are identical for foot and shoulder space. Not sure if there are any other considerations that might make for a more comfortable/enjoyable flight.
I like the odd numbered window seats because the console is between the seat and the aisle....no worrying about being bumped by anyone or anything in the aisle.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
I like the odd numbered window seats because the console is between the seat and the aisle....no worrying about being bumped by anyone or anything in the aisle.
+1. Odd numbered window seats are best if you're flying solo. I recommend moving back a bit to 3A/D so you are further away from the galley up front.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lance1419
+1. Odd numbered window seats are best if you're flying solo. I recommend moving back a bit to 3A/D so you are further away from the galley up front.
The advantage of 1A and 1D is that the footwell is somewhat wider. The odd numbered rows in the A and D seats have the narrowest footwells - the aisle sided ones (even numbered rows) are somewhat open on one side.

There are no lavs up front but there is a rather large galley area and that is where the FAs hang out during the flight and you get noise and light sometimes.

I try to avoid anything further south than row 7 because of the second galley and lavs.

Overall, it is probably the best TATL on DL, especially the eastbound.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I scanned this thread and thought nypdLieu and ClipperDelta were advocating 1A for privacy but more recent flyers think the noise is a noticeable loss for a solo flyer seeking privacy?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xeno
I scanned this thread and thought nypdLieu and ClipperDelta were advocating 1A for privacy but more recent flyers think the noise is a noticeable loss for a solo flyer seeking privacy?
I've been lucky enough to have flown the 76D in BE 3 or 4 times, with another 3 coming up this summer.

In the past, I never had seat 1A and 1D but just judging from my personal on board observations, and from what other people have said about 1A and 1D, it is the most private of seats. However, I've read also that noise from the galley becomes a bit of a concern. I can't personally comment on this but I have had bulk head in BE on other aircraft and galley noise has never been a problem for me.

I've observed in the past that FA's generally aren't that gabby in the front galley and besides, the ambient noise of the aircraft kind of drowns out much of the galley noise.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Feb 18, 2011 at 11:26 pm
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:16 pm

Thanks everybody for the helpful replies. After reading through the thread helpfully linked to by Xeno, I think I'll stick with 1A for both segments. I like the privacy aspect alluded to by several posters, and I can probably use earplugs/eyeshades to protect myself from galley activity. Both ClipperDelta and Bicostal mentioned the footrest area, and with size 13 feet, I'll take any extra space I can get.

Thanks again for the replies! This is my first TATL, so I'm excited to experience the journey lying flat in BE!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by baliktad
Thanks everybody for the helpful replies. After reading through the thread helpfully linked to by Xeno, I think I'll stick with 1A for both segments. I like the privacy aspect alluded to by several posters, and I can probably use earplugs/eyeshades to protect myself from galley activity. Both ClipperDelta and Bicostal mentioned the footrest area, and with size 13 feet, I'll take any extra space I can get.

Thanks again for the replies! This is my first TATL, so I'm excited to experience the journey lying flat in BE!
No matter what seat in BE you'll wind up in, it will be a great experience for you. The Personal TV is really fantastic, plenty of choices to keep you busy watching movies, listening to music etc.

What TATL route will you be flying, and when?
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
No matter what seat in BE you'll wind up in, it will be a great experience for you. The Personal TV is really fantastic, plenty of choices to keep you busy watching movies, listening to music etc.

What TATL route will you be flying, and when?
Thanks, I'm just glad to have a comfortable seat, a power outlet, and USB charging. Really looking forward to it.

I'm on DL260/261 MIA-LHR and back this coming May. I couldn't resist when the fares are under $1500 all-in.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: BA silver
No lavs up front?

Originally Posted by Bicostal
The advantage of 1A and 1D is that the footwell is somewhat wider. The odd numbered rows in the A and D seats have the narrowest footwells - the aisle sided ones (even numbered rows) are somewhat open on one side.

There are no lavs up front but there is a rather large galley area and that is where the FAs hang out during the flight and you get noise and light sometimes.

I try to avoid anything further south than row 7 because of the second galley and lavs.

Overall, it is probably the best TATL on DL, especially the eastbound.
Thanks for this information.
I asked a DL rep on the phone if there were lavs forward of business class on the 767-400 and she did not know.

When selecting seats on delta.com the seat map reflects 2 forward lavs but if you look at aircraft layouts on their site, it shows lavs behind row 10. Are these for BE only or shared with main cabin?

Two of us traveling and picked 5BC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.