CONFIRMED: GOLD = Skyteam Elite Plus

Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM (.00123 MM), UA 1P, Marriott PLT, HI GLD, SW PLT
CONFIRMED: GOLD = Skyteam Elite Plus

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...ates/index.jsp

Effective March 1, 2011, Gold Medallions will receive SkyTeam Elite Plus status when flying internationally on our SkyTeam partner airlines.

Benefits include:

* Complimentary access to more than 200 SkyTeam partner lounges worldwide – including Delta Sky Club
* A guaranteed Economy Class reservation on any SkyTeam long-haul flight when purchasing a full-fare Economy Class ticket.
* Priority Baggage Handling
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Good catch. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Thanks for posting! I've been waiting for this for a while--long overdue IMO.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Very little benefit, IMHO, to PM now...
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by CGNC
Free award changes/redeposits, choice benefits, and free economy comfort seating on international Y flights aren't benefits over GM?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Free award changes/redeposits, choice benefits, and free economy comfort seating on international Y flights aren't benefits over GM?
Ahh, all good points--was forgetting about the new EC!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
Just Ecomony Comfort, a Choice Benefit, No Award Re-booking Fees, and a slightly higher upgrade priority. Depending upon your travel patterns, you may be better off holding at GM now.

For me, I've used the Choice Benefit ( 2x $200 DL vouchers ) and the No Award Re-booking Fees a lot lately, so the improved benefits have proven useful. Plus, DL does tend to look after PMs more than GMs during IRROPS, which I've seen happen for me several times recently.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Alitalia Confiscated iPod Club
Ahh, all good points--was forgetting about the new EC!
Looks like a Gold will pay $40 for EC to europe, $80 to asia.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:04 am

I'm assuming that in addition to receiving Skyteam Elite Plus benefits "when flying internationally on our SkyTeam partner airlines" Golds will also receive those benefits when flying internationally on Delta.

Originally Posted by mfdii
https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...ates/index.jsp

Effective March 1, 2011, Gold Medallions will receive SkyTeam Elite Plus status when flying internationally on our SkyTeam partner airlines.

Benefits include:

* Complimentary access to more than 200 SkyTeam partner lounges worldwide – including Delta Sky Club
* A guaranteed Economy Class reservation on any SkyTeam long-haul flight when purchasing a full-fare Economy Class ticket.
* Priority Baggage Handling
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by mfdii
Complimentary access to more than 200 SkyTeam partner lounges worldwide – including Delta Sky Club
This is one perk I can use. Great!

Does anyone know whether a guest is allowed along with the GM?

UPDATE: Found the answer. YES to a guest. "Lounge Access—Complimentary access to most SkyTeam lounges worldwide when traveling in any class of service. Simply present your same-day ticket for an international or connecting SkyTeam flight. You can even invite a guest to join you in the lounge."

Last edited by traveltravel; Feb 15, 2011 at 1:21 pm Reason: Found answer
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by traveltravel
This is one perk I can use. Great!

Does anyone know whether a guest is allowed along with the GM?
SkyTeam Elite Plus members are permitted one guest into the lounge, though some lounge dragons will check to see if the other passenger is on a ST international itinerary.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by akonradi
SkyTeam Elite Plus members are permitted one guest into the lounge, though some lounge dragons will check to see if the other passenger is on a ST international itinerary.
The guest doen't need to be on a Skymiles itinerary for admittance, just have a same day ticket on any airline. Was just able to guest in a colleague in BRU to the BA lounge even though he was flying UA J to ORD, and I was in DL Y to ATL. However, they wouldn't give him a wifi pass; luckily I had an ethernet cable so I was able to share my wifi connection over to him :-).
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
Originally Posted by jmertic
The guest doen't need to be on a Skymiles itinerary for admittance, just have a same day ticket on any airline. Was just able to guest in a colleague in BRU to the BA lounge even though he was flying UA J to ORD, and I was in DL Y to ATL. However, they wouldn't give him a wifi pass; luckily I had an ethernet cable so I was able to share my wifi connection over to him :-).
I've had the opposite response. Specifically, at the AF lounge at CDG-2E, I was told that they weren't supposed to let my girlfriend in because even though we were on the same flight, she was ticketed as a revenue pax on SU and I had an award ticket booked on the AF-codeshare. However, they let us in "as a courtesy".
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:49 pm

Great news! I fly DTW-JFK-MAD on my birthday (Apr. 30) and now DL can buy my SO and I a drink!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
so are they gonna send us new cards??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.