FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Pigs in the sky club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1183030-pigs-sky-club.html)

stewie7669 Feb 11, 11 2:42 pm

Pigs in the sky club

So I've been sitting in the sky club in DTW Concourse C for about two hours.

The absolute pig has been across from me most of the time yelling into his crackberry. The guy has taken his shoes off and is currently wandering around the SC in his socks.

I've had to run a white noise app on my iPad to block his arrogant "look at me! I'm important" babbling. Only thing he is missing is a stupid Bluetooth headset so he can actually shout louder.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.... He picks his nose and his teeth and I swear is going to hack up a lung with all the coughing -- of course never covering his mouth.

baccarat0809 Feb 11, 11 2:45 pm

Oink.

Look on the bright side, at least he/she is not clippig their toe-nails.

avidflyer Feb 11, 11 3:11 pm

I am important and my feet are sore. So what?

Global_Hi_Flyer Feb 11, 11 3:14 pm

And I thought this was going to be a thread about folks trundling back from the food bar with multiple platefuls....

aslanlab Feb 11, 11 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat0809 (Post 15847303)
Oink.

Yet

cantcliff Feb 11, 11 3:23 pm

I wish, as a general public, that us Americans would learn that talking into a cellphone doesn't require you to talk louder if the connection is bad.

It's digital. Talking louder does nothing. That only works on analog.

andymo99 Feb 11, 11 3:26 pm

A few options:

1) Go sit in the quiet/no cell section
2) Say something to him
3) Pull a Larry David

I don't know why everyone so frequently chooses instead to just post to FT. Doesn't accomplish much.

CJKatl Feb 11, 11 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer (Post 15847490)
And I thought this was going to be a thread about folks trundling back from the food bar with multiple platefuls....

I was really hoping it was a thread about little pink four legged squealers breaking out of cages and running like wild boars.

Pharaoh Feb 11, 11 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 15847589)
I was really hoping it was a thread about little pink four legged squealers breaking out of cages and running like wild boars.

I thought Gargoyle was branching out from chickens.

elitetraveler Feb 11, 11 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by stewie7669 (Post 15847278)
So I've been sitting in the sky club in DTW Concourse C for about two hours.

The absolute pig has been across from me most of the time yelling into his crackberry. The guy has taken his shoes off and is currently wandering around the SC in his socks.

I've had to run a white noise app on my iPad to block his arrogant "look at me! I'm important" babbling. Only thing he is missing is a stupid Bluetooth headset so he can actually shout louder.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.... He picks his nose and his teeth and I swear is going to hack up a lung with all the coughing -- of course never covering his mouth.

I would have moved after about 10 minutes. He may think he is entertaining you since you continue as his audience for two hours.

MSPeconomist Feb 11, 11 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer (Post 15847490)

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 15847589)

I thought it might be a thread complaining about pork products being offered as snacks in SkyClubs.

TheBisch Feb 11, 11 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat0809 (Post 15847303)
Oink.

Why do that in the SC when you can do that on the plane? ;)

DL_TIDE Feb 11, 11 5:58 pm

Could this be true! "When pigs fly" has now come to pass?

houserulz77 Feb 11, 11 6:32 pm

Most people who are rude like that respond to rudeness. Tell him to shut his mouth, quit picking his nose, and cover his big mouth, and he will move. Fight fire with fire!

tfong007 Feb 11, 11 6:40 pm

Buy some industrial ear plugs. That what I use. The club doesn't put any signs telling people not to talk on cell phones. So either confront them or suck it up.