Wiki Posts
Search

PLAT early upgrade FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
PLAT early upgrade FAIL

Booked on an MD88 from ATL-SAT. 16 FC Seats...only 2 filled 6 days out. Window opened and only DM got UG's. I'm assuming this since I'm PLAT w/Reserve and would be next in line. Still have 8 seats open. Shocked they feel they can actually sell 8 FC seats in 5 days.

I'm fairly certain I'll get the UG but come on...only 2 seats sold 6 days out and they are holding 1/2 the seats. Better not try to sell my UG to a non elite at the gate.

Then again...with a 47 minute connection in ATL I'll probably miss the flight anyways.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
If it's that important to you, you can always call and upgrade with your credit card. Anything other than that is just gravy.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lackey99
Better not try to sell my UG to a non elite at the gate.
That's exactly what they'll do, except it won't be at the gate, it'll be at check-in.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Booked on an MD88 from ATL-SAT. 16 FC Seats...only 2 filled 6 days out. Window opened and only DM got UG's. I'm assuming this since I'm PLAT w/Reserve and would be next in line. Still have 8 seats open. Shocked they feel they can actually sell 8 FC seats in 5 days.

I'm fairly certain I'll get the UG but come on...only 2 seats sold 6 days out and they are holding 1/2 the seats. Better not try to sell my UG to a non elite at the gate.

Then again...with a 47 minute connection in ATL I'll probably miss the flight anyways.
Guess that's the advantage of being a DIAMOND over a PLAT.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flying_q
Guess that's the advantage of being a DIAMOND over a PLAT.
Maybe, but Sunday I'm flying DTW-SFO and there are still 6 seats open on the A320 with no advance upgrade for this DM.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond

Its not your upgrade until you have a BP with your name on it with a seat in first. They have a right to sell any seat that they would like.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bubbashow
If it's that important to you, you can always call and upgrade with your credit card. Anything other than that is just gravy.
I'm sort of just ranting...however...It's important they give me the free UG I earned by being loyal to DL to the point I have earned PM instead of holding back 1/2 the seats in the absurd hope of selling them. What's funny is I got the UG for the DCA-ATL segement which I thought would be the harder UG of the two.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger
Maybe, but Sunday I'm flying DTW-SFO and there are still 6 seats open on the A320 with no advance upgrade for this DM.
Ever since I've hit DM, my UG percentage has tanked significantly - but, I blame that on V not being released for MSP-BOS and vice versa on Mondays or Thursdays (even with 6 seats open on the A319). Just Hit MSP-BOS for the first time on an M fare - was 6 of 40something on an M a few weeks ago.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:17 pm

Ever since I've hit DM, my UG percentage has tanked significantly - but, I blame that on V not being released for MSP-BOS and vice versa on Mondays or Thursdays (even with 6 seats open on the A319). Just Hit MSP-BOS for the first time on an M fare - was 6 of 40something on an M a few weeks ago.
Yeah, I've been ranting about it for a while -- first I figured it was just a change in flying patterns, but I'm not convinced after last year's numbers (60% as PM).
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:17 pm

It's important they give me the free UG I earned by being loyal to DL
Ha. You earned the right to the UG when inventory allows.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:19 pm

I'm sort of just ranting...however...It's important they give me the free UG I earned by being loyal to DL to the point I have earned PM instead of holding back 1/2 the seats in the absurd hope of selling them. What's funny is I got the UG for the DCA-ATL segement which I thought would be the harder UG of the two.
It's not absurd anymore since they're offering them for sale at the kiosk for a reasonable discount. I don't believe it's unreasonable/absurd to think that 8 people may cough up on the order of $100 for the upgrade. Maybe not likely, but not unreasonable.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:22 pm
Suspended

It's not absurd anymore since they're offering them for sale at the kiosk for a reasonable discount. I don't believe it's unreasonable/absurd to think that 8 people may cough up on the order of $100 for the upgrade. Maybe not likely, but not unreasonable.
Just because you keep posting this does not make it true...
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Booked on an MD88 from ATL-SAT. 16 FC Seats...only 2 filled 6 days out. Window opened and only DM got UG's. I'm assuming this since I'm PLAT w/Reserve and would be next in line.
Plats on higher fares are ahead of you.

David
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Ha. You earned the right to the UG when inventory allows.
Yeah...I know...and it should come through in the end.

I really can't complain since I averaged about 70% UG's as a SM the last two years and I'm 100% as PM so far. However I'm even more PO'ed hearing they are doing the same thing to DM's. No issues with higher status getting the UG...just hate when DL holds out on me.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:27 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
That's exactly what they'll do, except it won't be at the gate, it'll be at check-in.
Never mind - answered above.

Last edited by TTT; Feb 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.